Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Tinted License Plate Cover

Hey guys, I wanted a tinted license plate cover for my camaro but I also want one that will fit with a frame around it. Does anyone have a combo like that?

I'm wanting to combine something like these two:

And

But I want to make sure they match up and fit my camaro. Does anyone have a tinted license cover that they know fits under a frame?

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Im not sure about where you live but both items are illegal to have on your tag here in NC. So I would say no..
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I have the tinted cover. I tried to put a frame around mine but my screws werent long enough to go through everything. I just did away with the frame. Looks better without it anyways. I didnt want it to look too busy back there.

SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
They sell flat tinted plate covers at O'reillys with matching dimensions to the plates for around 8 bucks.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
They sell flat tinted plate covers at O'reillys with matching dimensions to the plates for around 8 bucks.
they also have it at walmart believe it or not
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I'm actually looking for a black frame like in the picture above, but I want the CAMARO letters in IOM color. Does anyone know where I can get this???
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KE View Post
I have the tinted cover. I tried to put a frame around mine but my screws werent long enough to go through everything. I just did away with the frame. Looks better without it anyways. I didnt want it to look too busy back there.
Hmmmm, I appreciate the feedback. I'll be sure to make sure I get screws long enough. Do you think you could post a pic of the back of your car? I'd like to see what the cover looks like alone on a camaro with no frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I will definitely check that out this weekend. That's cheaper, sounds like exactly what I need, and I can probably walk out of the store and try it on (or at least hold it up to it) without buying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberLS View Post
they also have it at walmart believe it or not
Will check there too if I don't find it at an autoparts store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
I'm actually looking for a black frame like in the picture above, but I want the CAMARO letters in IOM color. Does anyone know where I can get this???
Check my post below. Found you a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Im not sure about where you live but both items are illegal to have on your tag here in NC. So I would say no..
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
I don't think they're illegal here in GA. I've seen them on quite a few cars. I obviously don't want something super tinted trying to hide my license plate. Just something to tone down the white plate.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Just found these for you. Hope it helps!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2011-Ch...1#ht_500wt_962

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2011-Ch...0#ht_500wt_962

Here's one other, but damn is it expensive!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-up-Cama...#ht_3425wt_947
Old 01-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Thanks hightower, I've never used ebay but I like the 2top posts. No way in Hell I would pay the amount for the other one. My input on the tinted cover. I know the revised statue in Hawaii states any obstructions from the plate are illegal. Tint would count as an obstruction. Now will the police pull you over for that? its 50/50 either they will or won't.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote