Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-22-2021, 09:15 AM   #71
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Less people and less traffic, the US was pretty much fascinated still with the automobile...
I'll give you that. And I'll "raise you" by saying people were generally more respectful and they didn't do street take overs or weave in and out of cars like they were cones to beat the other guy.

Quote:
...and it doesn't seem like the racial divide was anywhere near what it is today. I fought in that war beside people of color and worked beside people of color and we shared a common respect as well, at least where my feet traveled.
RIGHT! I would show people YouTube clips of Dean Martin's Man of the Hour shows and the things they said on there were hilarious. All races, genders having a great time just making fun of each other and themselves. Now everyone is spun up so tight and everything is offensive (by design IMO) and it's really sad we have every group looking for a reason to be offended.

Quote:
The 3.6 liter LGX Camaros are as quick as the quicker SS396's of that time.
Close, for sure. 14's with a 6 cyl. is crazy. That is what the Gen2 LT1 was doing in the 90's

Quote:
But, I miss the days when I could go to work and see big blocks stacked to the roof on pallets waiting their turn to be installed in some car. I started at GM in 1965 and loved that job. It was a car guys heaven. Today, only a few are hooked by comparison.
THAT would be a wet dream....

Last edited by 95 imp; 03-22-2021 at 09:35 AM.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:20 AM   #72
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
LOL, this happens to me every day, no matter what I am driving. I don't drive slow, either, I drive above the speed limit- about 5 MPH. I do drive cautiously and not aggressively and I don't floor it after I come to a stop and I don't slam on my brakes last minute at a stop sign or light either. So many people ride my bumper or blast by me when I am coasting to stop at a light only to slam their brakes on so freaking hard. Everyone seems to be in a real hurry to go no where- driving 10-20 MPH over the speed limit everywhere. And they tailgate so bad. I don't understand it- and it keeps getting worse.

All I can say is they will have it coming to them sooner or later and get in a crash.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:47 AM   #73
Trak-Toy

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by brap999 View Post
I live in NOVA - Nice to see there is another ZLE - I have only seen 1 other one on the street and it had out of state plates. If you're familiar with the FFX county parkway, a lot of idiots try racing on there, especially the part that goes towards Lorton. Of course its in the evening after rush hour because like you said, you're otherwise getting outrun by squirrels.
Yes Sir! I have yet to see another ZLE on the road up here either. I saw a ton of them at dealerships around here and thought there would be ZLE’s everywhere. Nope. It appears most all of those cars were sold to people out of state. Oddly enough, I travelled out of state (NC) to buy mine as the dealerships around here didn’t want to budge on price at the time.
Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:55 AM   #74
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
Model 3 drivers are the new bmw drivers
I am not surprised. I can see them being in the same crowd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Since many are picking on BMW's... this was just posted on my other forum.
And now, the pickup truck version.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:44 AM   #75
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Never have much of a problem in my SS.

I think most with a brain know their car wont be mine anyway since it's faster than 95 percent of the cars on the road. Unless you're talking about 911s, Hellcats, Ferrari, ZL1 but not a ton of those on the road anyway.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:45 AM   #76
brap999

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trak-Toy View Post
It appears most all of those cars were sold to people out of state.
It took me a couple tries to find one after they were first released, a dealership said a lot of out of state buyers came to the DC/VA area to buy them as there were more dealerships allocated them in this area than surrounding states - confirming what you said. There was apparently a lot of NY buyers coming to VA to buy them. I eventually found a friendly place in Leesburg that had one on order in the color i wanted so I went down there that day and bought it sight unseen.
1998 Dodge Viper GTS
1972 Pontiac GTO
1963 Chevy C10 short bed, T5, 350, lowered
brap999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:52 AM   #77
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
A bunch of stock cars in the '60s ran 11s, some low 11s, which is comparable to a Gen 6. Those cars were lighter with less power
Hmm, can you list any stock ones? in those days if a stock non-prepped muscle car ran mid 14s it was really fast and advertised HP was a joke.

A current I4 Camaro with tires would rule the street.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:53 AM   #78
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
A bunch of stock cars in the '60s ran 11s, some low 11s, which is comparable to a Gen 6. Those cars were lighter with less power
Hmm, can you list any stock ones? in those days if a stock non-prepped muscle car ran mid 14s it was really fast and advertised HP was a joke.

A current I4 Camaro with tires would rule the street in the '60s.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:14 PM   #79
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
If you’re talking about in stock form I would be interested in seeing a few specs on those cars. I don’t recall anything from the big three that was capable of doing that stock. Even the mid 60s Corvettes with big blocks weren’t capable of 11 second 1/4 mile times off the showroom floor.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:16 PM   #80
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
Model 3 drivers are the new bmw drivers
Seriously! I thought of this thread this morning. On the way to work, I had a Tesla Model X Plaid (batshit fast) line up on me at a light.

I'll take notice of a Corvette, Mustang, Charger, or Camaro and give them a nod or thumbs up but I make a point of completely ignoring Teslas trying to race.

The light changes and I accelerate at a geriatric pace and he's off like a silent fart...then jambs on the brakes after 100 yds, as approaches probably 100mph in a 45. They are fast, I'll give them that but I'd rather be slow than look like a complete tool drag racing people in a Tesla.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:17 PM   #81
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Which one's ran 11's?
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:22 PM   #82
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Lately, around here it seems lots of guys are tuning their cars to crackle and pop when they rev the piss out of them. They pass you while you're just crusing, but not to race, they want to show off their back-fires! I had a GTI Golf do it last summer, and lately a BMW full of guys. You can hear them drive around like that. Wierd...

--Ray
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:27 PM   #83
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
and it's really sad we have every group looking for a reason to be offended.

They'd have hanged Burt Reynolds in effigy for the Chocolate Monk line today, even though Sammy had no problem with it because it was funny as hell and there was never any ill will intended.

People were adults back then, the men wore big boy pants, and could differentiate between real racism and comedy.

Today everyone's immature and have no common sense.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:32 PM   #84
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
I'll give you that. And I'll "raise you" by saying people were generally more respectful and they didn't do street take overs or weave in and out of cars like they were cones to beat the other guy.

RIGHT! I would show people YouTube clips of Dean Martin's Man of the Hour shows and the things they said on there were hilarious. All races, genders having a great time just making fun of each other and themselves. Now everyone is spun up so tight and everything is offensive (by design IMO) and it's really sad we have every group looking for a reason to be offended.

Close, for sure. 14's with a 6 cyl. is crazy. That is what the Gen2 LT1 was doing in the 90's

THAT would be a wet dream....
Pretty good interpretation except the LGX supposedly runs mid 13's.
I miss those days because people had jobs to go to for the most part.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote