Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-22-2021, 10:22 AM   #15
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
havent noticed a lot of difference,but my other cars were all off the wall too.66 hotrod pontiac tempest,67 mustang(both show worthy) pontiac solstice,and honda del sol which my son still owns.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:26 AM   #16
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Unfortunately in NJ everyone drives like that all the time. Every vehicle at times feels like they want to get in front of you to go slower than you or goes 55 in the left lane until they realize your getting around them... then they go 90.
But so far in the Camaro... only thumbs up.. and a few young ladies all smiles...
In 1988 I bought a new Peterbilt.. it was long and cool looking and a color they called Electric Cranberry. Which looked like burgundy in the pictures. But turned out to be a crazy hot rod looking custom color... I always had people giving me the thumbs up... then on 2 occasions young ladies decided to add shirts up as well as thumbs up!!...
Im waiting for that in the Camaro... but its the wifes car...
Old 03-22-2021, 10:35 AM   #17
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
I get compliments when pumping gas or thumbs up from other vehicles driving by. I get people revving up their engines, or flooring it when the light turns green. Usually peeps in mustangs, challengers or tricked out imports. I just laugh and let them go on their merry way. Don't get any of that when in our Highlander or Silverado
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:38 AM   #18
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
My experiences are different, but my LT1 does not look as "boy racer" as the SS, 1LE or ZL1. Most of the time I look like a non menacing v6 or turbo 4 camaro and the white paint keeps the profile lower. At idle and part throttle, I blend in with the masses. However, when I give it some throttle or go pull a gear to 6K, it roars and draws attention. Had modified beamers, Challengers and a few mustangs try to roll race. I get compliments at the gas station and from acquaintances every now and then. My biggest thing is in conversation 95+% of people I speak to about the car don't know it has a v8 or 455 hp from the factory.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:58 AM   #19
xqwisit23

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Vert
I'm coming from an older Porsche (996) and I rarely got any compliments as it was your typical silver 911 without any modifications. In my SS convertible late last fall I blew by an old guy in a drop top SL in order to get on the off ramp and as he pulled up beside me he give me a thumbs up and I did the same.
xqwisit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:15 AM   #20
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
When I had gotten my 2017 1LE, I took it out for its first ride. With 100 miles on the clock, I was going down a major road in my home town and two douche bag ricers were doing idiot flyby's past me as I did the speed limit in the right lane. As we got up to a light, one of them was behind me goosing it and standing on the brakes over and over. He ended up rear-ending me at the light. $1500 later and I had a brand new 1LE with a branded title that I lost thousands on when I traded it in. So yes you get treated differently when driving a car like ours.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:25 AM   #21
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
When I had gotten my 2017 1LE, I took it out for its first ride. With 100 miles on the clock, I was going down a major road in my home town and two douche bag ricers were doing idiot flyby's past me as I did the speed limit in the right lane. As we got up to a light, one of them was behind me goosing it and standing on the brakes over and over. He ended up rear-ending me at the light. $1500 later and I had a brand new 1LE with a branded title that I lost thousands on when I traded it in. So yes you get treated differently when driving a car like ours.
Wow, what horrific luck dude.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:31 AM   #22
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Wow, what horrific luck dude.
Yeah and to take the story deeper, I had my PDR going on the overlay that showed the brake and gas application. And lucky I did, the moron that hit me told the cops that I brake checked him and the cop believed him until I pulled up my PDR at the scene and showed him I was not only already stopped, but I was full on the brake pedal sitting still. Then the PDR showed the hit with my car jerking forward and the sound of it as well.

The cop was not happy with the dude. He got ticketed and yelled at by the cop. I was also able to get his insurance to pay for the damage obviously, but they refused diminished value claims and it was too costly at the time to sue for it.

When I traded in the car that same year, the accident was shown on both carmax and autocheck as a "severe rear-end collision". Only one of the few dealers I tried to trade it in even wanted to take it let alone give me fair market value for it. I did lose quite a bit, much more than the $1500 the douche's insurance paid to fix it.

I traded it in on an Explorer. I regretted that for a long time. Getting back into the camaro game any time now. Hopefully I can find one...
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:33 AM   #23
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Very little difference.
Recently a gentlemen in an older vette at a gas station complimented my car , and so did a girl at a Starbucks. As far as aggression on the road, very little, except for that one brodozer!!!

I don't notice much, but the attention and compliments I get are usually from guys lol. Not from any women about the car.

Like when I was at autozone about a battery an old guy with a new C8 was parked by me and liked my car and was asking about it.

And the fleamarket where I have my business I see customers admiring my car sometimes. Why don't women show more interest in the car?
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:35 AM   #24
brap999

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
I can confirm people in NOVA are extremely rude in general.
I hate it here, if it wasn't for the jobs I'd be long gone. The people are definitely rude. I plan on moving to rural south carolina in the not so distant future.
1998 Dodge Viper GTS
1972 Pontiac GTO
1963 Chevy C10 short bed, T5, 350, lowered
brap999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:42 AM   #25
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Yeah and to take the story deeper, I had my PDR going on the overlay that showed the brake and gas application. And lucky I did, the moron that hit me told the cops that I brake checked him and the cop believed him until I pulled up my PDR at the scene and showed him I was not only already stopped, but I was full on the brake pedal sitting still. Then the PDR showed the hit with my car jerking forward and the sound of it as well.

The cop was not happy with the dude. He got ticketed and yelled at by the cop. I was also able to get his insurance to pay for the damage obviously, but they refused diminished value claims and it was too costly at the time to sue for it.

When I traded in the car that same year, the accident was shown on both carmax and autocheck as a "severe rear-end collision". Only one of the few dealers I tried to trade it in even wanted to take it let alone give me fair market value for it. I did lose quite a bit, much more than the $1500 the douche's insurance paid to fix it.

I traded it in on an Explorer. I regretted that for a long time. Getting back into the camaro game any time now. Hopefully I can find one...

I had a 90 year old rear end me pretty hard at a stoplight last year in my Mustang. I was mad at the deputies. They took his insurance but gave him an expired insurance card and it was one of those cheap places not even open on the weekends. I found out then that it was an expired policy. Luckily when I called USAA to file a claim for uninsured they did some research and saw that he did have current coverage with progressive so no out of pocket for me luckily.

The guy was so old he didn't even remember what insurance card to give the deputies. I don't think he got a ticket as well even though it was his fault. I guess they felt sorry for him.

Damage was about a grand. I tried to get diminish value from progressive. When I finally got the agent on the phone he was arrogant and said I need all these pics and other things I have to show so I just said F it.

So it obviously wasn't worth the money paying a lawyer to go after diminished value for that amount of damage. If it was like 5k in damage hell yes I'd pay a lawyer to file the claim for it.

I know I lost probably at least a grand when I traded it in because that showed up on the carfax.

I think the insurance guy knew I wouldn't go after them for that small amount.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:00 PM   #26
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
I get compliments when pumping gas or thumbs up from other vehicles driving by. I get people revving up their engines, or flooring it when the light turns green. Usually peeps in mustangs, challengers or tricked out imports. I just laugh and let them go on their merry way. Don't get any of that when in our Highlander or Silverado
Same here, I get a lot of compliments at the gas station or at cars and coffee / show evens. It’s about the same when I’m driving as in my other cars.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:13 PM   #27
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Once difference for me is that I get compliments anytime I'm out and about in the Camaro.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:14 PM   #28
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brap999 View Post
I hate it here, if it wasn't for the jobs I'd be long gone. The people are definitely rude. I plan on moving to rural south carolina in the not so distant future.
Thats the DC effect... but the NE from Richmond to Boston is like that.
Ive been in NJ my entire life. Travelled a lot and every time I return I cant believe it. But family... jobs... all those things kept me here. but in less than 2 years were out... 33 years ago my wife and I moved to a rural part of the state. It was great for the first 5 or so years but the development followed us. As you head east you feel the line as you cross over into no mans land. That used to be 10 miles east of our house. Now were within the perimeter. You can just feel the crappy attitudes.
As I get older my eyes are bothered by others headlights more. On my truck I had PIAA yellow fogs. Just for those nights when the rain absorbs your headlights.
Invariable as I head east I start to get JOs high beaming me. No one in the west of the state is bothered by them... But suddenly as you approach the perimeter the Honda CRXs and Subarus start blinding you for using your perfectly adjusted fogs.
I was blinded so badly by an Audi one night on a narrow back road... all I could do was slam on my brakes and stop.
High population density makes the JO quotient explode.