Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-19-2021, 11:05 PM   #29
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Can we set the record straight here & stop calling Camaros “Muscle Cars”? Cause they aren’t. Never were.

Certain models I'd consider.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:29 PM   #30
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I wouldn't worry about it.

Personally I bought the Camaro for the straight line speed. I don't care how it handles. It's a muscle car!

If I wanted a car that handles I would have got a Nismo 370z but I'd rather have speed.

MAG ride is overrated I think.
wtf
Old 03-19-2021, 11:30 PM   #31
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
Whether you know it or not, you own a car that handles, and goes better in a straight line than a Nismo 370Z
I’m lucky enough to own a 370Z Nismo edition, not often I comment on that (On this forum). Great car, and yes she really handles... really handles. That said, it’s not even close to as fast as my 2SS was, or my ZL1 is now. The 370 is a fun nimble car, one that’s easier to learn the limits on, and to take to those limits. Completely different in experience to drive, but providing many smiles (almost as many smiles as the Camaro’s).
Old 03-20-2021, 03:50 AM   #32
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Good pricing depends on your market. Due to new car shortages used cars are fetching a premium right now.

When My Mustang was wrecked they offered me a low price. I couldn’t find one within 500 miles for that price so i rejected.

They then said since we couldn’t find one within a readonable distance the would average N.A.D.A and KBB.

I was Ok with 3k more as what I felt my car was worth. The came back with 6K more thought was great till I started shopping and seeing used prices.

I use to sell cars back in the day and when I settled on one I felt it was price too high. Had an old friend still in the business check whole sale prices plus what i found on KBB and N.A.D.A showed it was a good deal for the time. Actually priced below wholesale stock and mine had alot of aftermarket goodies.

Also this is current trade in value in NW of a 2ss with basic options (no nav, NPP, or mag ride) with 28’000 miles

Taking mid range trade in value (31k) adding $1000 to cost like safety inspection, oil changes, and any other thing they need. Dealers don’t just do services they need. The service department does work and “bills” to cost of the car.

Put’s an estimated cost at 32.6k..... crazy for a 4 year old Camaro. Nice thing is though if your trading in a car dealers are over paying as you can see in the trade in value.

Seems like you got a decent deal OP and as you stated it’s worth it to you thrn thats all that matters.

Good looking rig...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 06:49 AM   #33
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Can we set the record straight here & stop calling Camaros “Muscle Cars”? Cause they aren’t. Never were.
Camaro have been referred to as “Muscle cars”, “Pony cars” and “Performance cars” by magazines for years.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:47 AM   #34
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Good pricing depends on your market. Due to new car shortages used cars are fetching a premium right now.

When My Mustang was wrecked they offered me a low price. I couldn’t find one within 500 miles for that price so i rejected.

They then said since we couldn’t find one within a readonable distance the would average N.A.D.A and KBB.

I was Ok with 3k more as what I felt my car was worth. The came back with 6K more thought was great till I started shopping and seeing used prices.

I use to sell cars back in the day and when I settled on one I felt it was price too high. Had an old friend still in the business check whole sale prices plus what i found on KBB and N.A.D.A showed it was a good deal for the time. Actually priced below wholesale stock and mine had alot of aftermarket goodies.

Also this is current trade in value in NW of a 2ss with basic options (no nav, NPP, or mag ride) with 28’000 miles

Taking mid range trade in value (31k) adding $1000 to cost like safety inspection, oil changes, and any other thing they need. Dealers don’t just do services they need. The service department does work and “bills” to cost of the car.

Put’s an estimated cost at 32.6k..... crazy for a 4 year old Camaro. Nice thing is though if your trading in a car dealers are over paying as you can see in the trade in value.

Seems like you got a decent deal OP and as you stated it’s worth it to you thrn thats all that matters.

Good looking rig...

I got a good price on my trade, I am satisfied on the deal.

One thing that is nice, is that my insurance cost has gone down about $22 per month now.

Main thing is I REALLY like this car.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 10:07 AM   #35
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
2017 2SS with 37,500 miles. Paid just shy of $35,000. Honestly, I am not sure if that is a good or bad price but it was worth it to me.

8-speed automatic transmission. Has Heads-Up display, and all the other modern tech features.
Wow, I have 30,000 on my 2SS coupe and its 4 years old. I would have thought it was worth a lot LESS.

Used prices are up due to supply and demand.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 11:05 AM   #36
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Camaro have been referred to as “Muscle cars”, “Pony cars” and “Performance cars” by magazines for years.
It’s an over used term that, as a purist car guy, is incorrect.

Pony car yes, the Mustang was first & the Camaro/Firebird was designed to compete with that, so it fits. An actual muscle car was years before that. A sports coupe, or sports car, of sorts when compared to say a vette, is more suiting.

The concept of a real muscle car was a big HP motor of some sort stuffed into a family cruiser. Longer wheel base, yet fairly light weight for the time, with plenty of interior & trunk space, but handled like a pig on roller skates. So they did one thing fairly well, go quick in a straight line (maybe turn in one direction on dirt if your a 88/300 purist) to show off some “Muscle”. That doesn’t fit the pony car subset since they were designed more for handling, had shorter wheel base with more limited seating & storage.

These roots & identity continued even into the ‘90 when Pontiac wanted a “Sebring” version of the T/A, a trademark originally held by Dodge/Chrysler that was about to expire. Chrysler got wind of it & slapped the name on their mid-size crap box so Pontiac couldn’t have it.

Even the Z/28/, T/A, GTA variance names also establishes it’s intention as a sports coupe that focuses on handling. The 6gens continue this tradition with very adept handling characteristics in the sports coupe market segment.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #37
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Though what you say is true.... times change as previously posted most now refer to these ponies as muscle.

American muscle, one of the bigger tuner stores focuses on Mustangs and Challengers. And since their are no more muscle cars being manufactured. These will continue to be called muscle cars

Times a changin

Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:37 PM   #38
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Though what you say is true.... times change as previously posted most now refer to these ponies as muscle.

American muscle, one of the bigger tuner stores focuses on Mustangs and Challengers. And since their are no more muscle cars being manufactured. These will continue to be called muscle cars

Times a changin

“Repeat a lie often enough...”

It’s still a lie. Simply because one chooses to believe it makes it no less so.

Anywho, let’s keep it focused on OP exuberant purchase.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:17 PM   #39
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Congratulations ��������!
Old 03-20-2021, 04:23 PM   #40
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
Wow, I have 30,000 on my 2SS coupe and its 4 years old. I would have thought it was worth a lot LESS.

Used prices are up due to supply and demand.

IMO they're going to start dropping. I'm noticing the Chevy dealers are getting more 2021 Camaros in including LT1, 2SS, and ZL1. Seems inventory around here is bouncing back now and that's even my region which dealers hate carrying the Camaro.

They're also sitting on the lots too. Im noticing the Camaro isn't really moving much around here.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:39 PM   #41
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
It’s an over used term that, as a purist car guy, is incorrect.

Pony car yes, the Mustang was first & the Camaro/Firebird was designed to compete with that, so it fits. An actual muscle car was years before that. A sports coupe, or sports car, of sorts when compared to say a vette, is more suiting.

The concept of a real muscle car was a big HP motor of some sort stuffed into a family cruiser. Longer wheel base, yet fairly light weight for the time, with plenty of interior & trunk space, but handled like a pig on roller skates. So they did one thing fairly well, go quick in a straight line (maybe turn in one direction on dirt if your a 88/300 purist) to show off some “Muscle”. That doesn’t fit the pony car subset since they were designed more for handling, had shorter wheel base with more limited seating & storage.

These roots & identity continued even into the ‘90 when Pontiac wanted a “Sebring” version of the T/A, a trademark originally held by Dodge/Chrysler that was about to expire. Chrysler got wind of it & slapped the name on their mid-size crap box so Pontiac couldn’t have it.

Even the Z/28/, T/A, GTA variance names also establishes it’s intention as a sports coupe that focuses on handling. The 6gens continue this tradition with very adept handling characteristics in the sports coupe market segment.

Well, you got a lot of magazines to contact that are written by purest. I agree the Camaro a great handling car but it’s as much a muscle car or pony car as it is a sports car.

Here the first of hundreds a magazines you need to write with your correction.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cama...uoIH-Yz6IUkRyM
Old 03-20-2021, 04:44 PM   #42
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Well, you got a lot of magazines to contact that are written by purest. I agree the Camaro a great handling car but it’s as much a muscle car or pony car as it is a sports car.

Here the first of hundreds a magazines you need to write with your correction.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cama...uoIH-Yz6IUkRyM
Me thinking they are wrong doesn’t mean I have to ask every one of them to let me speak to their managers.

My name’s not Karen.

Or they could just check the Wiki on their own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car

Quote:
Definition[edit]
The definition of muscle car is subjective and frequently debated.[3][4] Muscle cars often have many of the following characteristics:[3][5][6][7][8][9][10]

A large V8 engine in the most powerful configuration offered for a particular model
Rear-wheel drive
Being manufactured in the United States in the 1960s or early 1970s (the specific year range of 1964–1973 is sometimes used)[5]
A relatively lightweight two-door body (opinions vary as to whether high-performance full-size cars, compacts, and pony cars qualify as muscle cars,[11] as it is sometimes claimed that only mid-size cars can be considered muscle cars)[3][5]
An affordable price
Being designed for straight-line drag racing, while remaining street legal.
High-power pony cars are sometimes considered muscle cars, however personal luxury cars are often too expensive to be considered muscle cars.[3] Sports cars and sports sedans are not usually considered muscle cars, since they are generally associated with circuit racing rather than drag racing.[12] Muscle cars are an extension of the hot rodding philosophy of taking a small car and putting a large-displacement engine in it, for the purpose of increased straight-line speed.[12]
I can just continue living knowing they are wrong since using the term past the ‘70’s automatically means it’s incorrect. Which is fine by me.