#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-25-2021, 12:09 AM   #29
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
I'll go to say that GM transmissions seem to all do this. My 19 Silverado with an 8 speed will delay shifting from 1 - 2 when it's cold. As in, you can feel that it wants to shift but it takes 2 or 3 seconds before it'll shift which makes it feel like it's slipping.

I think this topic about the A10 shifting hard or slipping in certain gears, mainly 2nd, 3rd or 4th, under normal driving was talked about. Can't remember what was really said but I'll see if I can find it.
A8 in my grandson's Camaro also slips between 1 & 2 when cold. gm says it's normal. If my th400 did it I'd pull the damned thing and fix it. Seems as though failing parts are the order of the day for gm. "Slipping Clutches" are NOT normal period.
FWIW, the th4oo handles 900hp without a slip, burp, shudder or whine. Must be a dinosaur.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:15 PM   #30
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
I’ve taken the car out a couple times in the past week and it hasn’t done it at all. Someone mentioned earlier that on the trucks it was a condensation issue in the fluid and that kind of makes sense here.

If it’s not happening when it’s 60+ degrees but does when it drops into the 40’s it might just be some condensation that takes awhile to burn off. Especially with how cool the A10 operates.

I dont know, I’m far from a mechanic but it makes sense to me. Maybe someone will guinea pig it and find a better fluid.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:15 PM   #31
Yves ZL1

Drives: Canadian 2019 BLACK ZL1
It’s normal guys... I had the same when I
Had a trans gta... and exactly the same thing more than 30 years more with a recent car...lol
Yves ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote