Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-14-2018, 02:12 AM   #1
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Gyeon Bathe+ review

It’s trash. Prewashed woth Adams foam soap. Rinsed. Used ~25-30ml Bathe+ with ~4gallons water (slightly stronger than directed). Low suds to begin. Disappeared and wouldn’t come back in the bucket within a couple minutes. Zero suds on car at all during the contact wash, although the incredimitt felt fairly slippery across the paint as I washed.

Beyond unimpressed. You guys know me....I really enjoy detailing and trying new products. This one was a flop. Mckees si02 soap was MUCH better. And most other usual basic soaps (CG, Adams, etc) seem to suds and clean better.

My car is coated and beads like a mother so I can’t comment on the Bathe+ adding any hydrophobicity. But I doubt it would. I wasn’t interested in pouring it directly on the wash mitt as the bottles suggests as an option.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:04 AM   #2
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
If you like Adams shampoo, try Carpro Reset. I picked up a bottle off a deal KirkH posted a few weeks ago and was really impressed with its foam cannon performance as well as the way it cleans without leaving any residue.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
ninetres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
If you like Adams shampoo, try Carpro Reset. I picked up a bottle off a deal KirkH posted a few weeks ago and was really impressed with its foam cannon performance as well as the way it cleans without leaving any residue.
I have it. Use it. And like it.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
Mcmillion

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1998 SS 1992 Typhoon
Thanks for the review
Mcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #5
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
It’s trash. Prewashed woth Adams foam soap. Rinsed. Used ~25-30ml Bathe+ with ~4gallons water (slightly stronger than directed). Low suds to begin. Disappeared and wouldn’t come back in the bucket within a couple minutes. Zero suds on car at all during the contact wash, although the incredimitt felt fairly slippery across the paint as I washed.

Beyond unimpressed. You guys know me....I really enjoy detailing and trying new products. This one was a flop. Mckees si02 soap was MUCH better. And most other usual basic soaps (CG, Adams, etc) seem to suds and clean better.

My car is coated and beads like a mother so I can’t comment on the Bathe+ adding any hydrophobicity. But I doubt it would. I wasn’t interested in pouring it directly on the wash mitt as the bottles suggests as an option.
Glad to see that someone else thinks Gyeon Bathe + is a dog.

It was recommended to me by the shop that installed paint protection film and ceramic coated my car. The product makes absolutely no suds and leaves streaks all over the finish.

I hadn't used the product in about a year and last week, in a weak moment, decided to give it another try. My assessment still stands -- the product stinks.

My go to car shampoo is Meguiars Gold Class. It's inexpensive, available at most parts stores, makes good suds, and leaves the car with a nice streak free gloss shine.

Last edited by hawk02; 07-15-2018 at 12:08 AM.
hawk02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:58 PM   #6
ninetres

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
Glad to see that someone else thinks Gyeon Bathe + is a dog.

It was recommended to me by the shop that installed paint protection film and ceramic coated my car. The product makes absolutely no suds and leaves streaks all over the finish.

I hadn't used the product in about a year and last week, in a weak moment, decided to give it another try. My assessment still stands -- the product stinks.

My go to car shampoo is Meguiars Gold Class. It's inexpensive, available at most parts stores, makes good suds, and leaves the car with a nice streak free gloss shine.
You know....I had a lot of streaking too that required attention after drying. I wasn’t sure if it was the soap......or the drying aid I use. While drying I give each panel a light/quick mist of a ECH20/Reload/distilled quick detail concoction. Hasn’t caused streaking before now that I think of it. Must be the soap as you said. Pure garbage.

I usually have gold class on deck too. I use it for my wheel cleaning bucket.