Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 01-15-2018, 09:35 PM   #15
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Gang. This thread isn’t about pressure washer foam cannons, it’s specifically about an ALTERNATIVE to using one.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:23 PM   #16
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
$19. works great. Makes thick foam.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CE78VO8

Yes, I have that one. It’s great. I use it with my pressure washer.

I’m looking for the one referenced above that can be used without the pressure washer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:31 AM   #17
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Update: I purchased the iK 1.5 Foam Sprayer from TRC. You can also purchase it here: https://www.ultrasourceusa.com/indus...r-sprayer.html

And save maybe a few dollars after shipping. Despite the inaccurate (24oz) description it’s actually the 35oz bottle.

I used it on my wife’s Optima this past weekend. I foam washed her car last weekend with a pressure washer. This weekend didn’t require a full wash. I used ONR in the iK cannon. Anyone who has experience with ONR knows that it resists foaming since it’s a no-rinse product. Using the iK cannon, the ONR actually foamed. It wasn’t foam overflowing or pressure washer cannon type foam but it foamed. I do believe with an actual soap, that’s designed to foam, the cannon would be a good job of foaming.

During the months when it’s far too cold, like now, to get the pressure washer out and the vehicle has been recently washed, the iK would suffice. If you were washing only certain sections of the car, like the wheels, the iK would be sufficient.

In my opinion, the iK is a nice option but it doesn’t replace a pressure washer. I can see using the iK on my motorcycle as opposed to the pressure washer though. It’s perfect for smaller jobs.

This opinion may change when I use a soap in the iK cannon.

One last thing about the iK cannon, it requires a lot of hand pumping to maintain the pressure needed for a strong foam. You may want to skip the morning workout if you plan on using the iK cannon that day...never skip leg day though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:24 PM   #18
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
I recently purchased the iK Foam 9, their big kahuna 1-gallon foam sprayer. This is an interesting product, definitely much superior overall to the hose-connected Adam's foam gun I used before. Never had a foam cannon, so that I can't compare it to (and of course I forgot to take pictures, sorry).

Its maiden run was on the white family SUV covered in winter grime, and I used the "standard foam" mixer adapter (the product comes with 3 out of the box, from "very wet" through standard to "very dry") with Adam's car shampoo. The foam this sprayer generates is thick and has a nice even consistency to it, adhering to the car for about a minute before starting to slowly slide off. Pretty much the same look as seen in many pressure washer review videos on youtube, and I didn't even use the dry foam mixer. Being untethered while using the foamer is also a great advantage.

Continuing on the positive note, the construction of the sprayer is sturdy and it feels solid. Even though it's mostly plastic, it has no flimsy, thin or fragile parts, and neither does it warp or creak at all. The design is also well thought through, there is a flush valve at the bottom across from the hose connector, a pressure indicator/release valve near the top, and it even comes with a shoulder strap.

Now for the negatives, first of all this thing has a relatively big tank and the supplied hose is not particularly long, so it needs to be held either in hand or on a shoulder. And, as someone else stated about the small version, this larger unit also needs to be re-pressurized fairly often (aka pump it, baby), I'd say after covering about 3 larger panels. I did the 3-row SUV with a single fill, completing 3 or 4 "pumping sessions". Didn't mind the little exercise, and obviously the Camaro won't take that much work with the sprayer.

Overall, this is a pretty nice sub-$100 alternative to a pressure washer, sufficient for smaller jobs and offering performance that clearly far exceeds that of foam guns. Presumably it will also pull double or triple duty as a carpet or tile cleaning sprayer.
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:39 PM   #19
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Thanks for the review guys! Seems to be a nice device(s). Only catch is you still need minimally a hose to rinse/etc.

At this point I can’t justify a reason to have it. I do rinseless washes in the garage, and occasional more thorough pressure washer foam cannon and 2 bucket washes in the driveway. Pulling out the pressure washer once every month or two doesn’t really bother me. If my camaro was my daily and it got “dirtier” requiring more frequent washing maybe one of these would be worth picking up.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote