Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-30-2017, 11:16 AM   #43
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
What did you do for the carbon fiber hood insert? Looks great!
Same process as the rest of the paint, except no machine used. Polished with essence by hand. Then coated and reload.

Thanks for all the insight everyone. I enjoy the small group of (sick) detail enthusiasts in here.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #44
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Just my opinion but I only use reset every quarter for a true deep clean wash.

reset is intense....

Other than that hydrofoam occasionally, ech20 gets it done.
For a garaged car, I'd agree Glen.

Mine isn't so it gets more dirt on it, as well as road film when it rains.
Using Reset for a year, I found considerably less wash marring over the year, because it removes most everything before I actually have to touch the paint.

After the year when I did my annual polishing, I had to do a Carpro Trix decontamination, and 2 APC washes to remove the Essence, Reload, and Hydrofoam that remained on the surface, so it definitely didn't strip the protection off.

But if my car was garaged, I'd mainly do rinseless, as it wouldn't be nearly as dirty.

In fact I would probably get an air compressor and use this "advanced rinseless" pre-wash as shown by Gary Dean, who invented rinseless washing. You can go to the "update" by going to 11:00 in the video.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote