Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-23-2019, 05:14 PM   #449
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
I do not ‘my car does not have a data logging system
What would I need to get if I was so inclined
Old 07-25-2019, 08:16 AM   #450
breadwoman

Drives: FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
It's in the ZL1 forum. Here's the link. At this point it's just hear say from a guy or two but I'm listening for sure because I just sent back a TMTB and wondering if I should waste more time and money with the Soler.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=519546&page=6 Start reading from post 72 down
It seem's like the ZL1/ZLE guys are getting the bog back after the ECM fully adapts. Have any of the LT1 guys experienced this as well? It seems like this only applies to LT4 at this point unless people are just keeping quiet.

I just bought this TB last week and wondering if it's worth switching. I'm positive that it does everything that Soler claims, but if the ECM is overriding the physical benefits then there's really no point without a tune.
breadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:31 AM   #451
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Yea, its weird that none of the LT1 guys are having a problem with the bog coming back. It could very well be the difference in the tunes.

I just cleared the 100 mile relearn on my Soler so I’m gonna start driving it aggressively. If the bog comes back I’ll just deal with it until I tune the car once the warranty expires in 2 years and I slap headers and cats on mine.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:00 AM   #452
chubs

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Like I said in an earlier post. After looking at the cool Dodge Challenger Muscletown ad I went by the Local dealer yesterday to look at some. I looked at a 392 6 speed scatpak. Nice looking car. This car throttle has absolutely no lag in throttle response. It blips like a 69' 426 Hemi. On par with a cable/carb setup. Will this Soler setup allow our cars to do the same? By the way this was the 485hp with the Tremec trans. Was a really nice ride.

P.S. Last weekend I looked at a Corvette Sting Ray, it had terrible throttle blip. Mushy with no snap in the Rev. Not sure why Chevy is doing this. Is this to save on gas mileage? Whats the purpose?
My last car was a 2015 Challenger SRT (same 392 that you're looking at) and you're right that even with the Soler TB the Challenger was way more responsive from factory. It's sad that Chevy has shipped a car that on paper should be relatively the same (if not better for weight vs hp ratio) and yet the throttle feels so much worse while driving.
chubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:42 PM   #453
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Install procedure

Install procedure...can this be just a straight bolt on install or do the exact relearn procedures need to be done. I don't have time to relearn. Can I just bolt it on drive it and let it relearn at its leisure?

Last edited by Deputy Dog; 07-25-2019 at 09:21 PM.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:07 PM   #454
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Install procedure...can be just a straight bolt on install or do the exact relearn procedures need to be done. I don't have time to relearn. Can I just bolt it on drive it and let it relearn at its leisure?
You can, it's not recommended though. Do it right!
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #455
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
You can, it's not recommended though. Do it right!

What happens if I don't?
Old 07-25-2019, 09:44 PM   #456
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Eratic operation most likely as ECU adjusts idle positions and opening rate.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:08 PM   #457
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
I dont think its that big a deal.... there was another guy who just installed his and drove reporting no bad side effects..... i did do the re-learn process but it seemed to have things pretty much under control after about 40 miles.... meaning it learns pretty quick. If you must try it then just do it and report back.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:16 PM   #458
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerman27410 View Post
I dont think its that big a deal.... there was another guy who just installed his and drove reporting no bad side effects..... i did do the re-learn process but it seemed to have things pretty much under control after about 40 miles.... meaning it learns pretty quick. If you must try it then just do it and report back.

ok
Old 07-26-2019, 09:38 AM   #459
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Install procedure...can this be just a straight bolt on install or do the exact relearn procedures need to be done. I don't have time to relearn. Can I just bolt it on drive it and let it relearn at its leisure?
What Racerman27410 and Vtor_ZL1 said. It is not ideal, but it is not a big deal either. It will self-correct if given enough time/cycles.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:58 AM   #460
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
ok
I installed mine 2 weeks ago along with my Rotofab CAI without the re-calibration. Didn't really notice any difference.

Performed the re-calibration procedure a week later and noticed a marked improvement in throttle response.

This coming Monday my car will be going in for LT's, full 3" exhaust with Stainless Works NPP mufflers. Flex fuel kit and a tune. Should be Awesome!

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:29 PM   #461
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuss View Post
I installed mine 2 weeks ago along with my Rotofab CAI without the re-calibration. Didn't really notice any difference.

Performed the re-calibration procedure a week later and noticed a marked improvement in throttle response.

This coming Monday my car will be going in for LT's, full 3" exhaust with Stainless Works NPP mufflers. Flex fuel kit and a tune. Should be Awesome!
How many miles did you put on it the week after install and before calibration?
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:06 PM   #462
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
How many miles did you put on it the week after install and before calibration?
It was my short work week and I live only 6 miles from work so I think it was less than 50.

I intended to do the calibration when I installed it but ran out of time.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote