Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-19-2018, 04:16 PM   #43
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinms View Post
Do you have a video of what that sounds like? I was thinking of just adding the x-pipe as well.
I'll see if I can get a video tomorrow and post it.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:36 AM   #44
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Car is not tuned and never will be. Secondary cats are unmonitored resonators more than anything. Deleting them does not throw a check engine light. The ONLY time that it will throw a CEL is if they're deleted by some guy at an exhaust shop and he doesn't weld all the way around the top, eventually the exhaust leakage will trigger an o2 error and you'll get a CEL.

The 60606 bolts to the back of the primary cats. It bolts on the passenger side (The side that has the flat flange with 3 studs) and inserts/clamps on the driver side, just like the factory exhaust.

Did you look at the picture on page 1? You'll notice that the 60606's attachment points are identical to where the factory cat-back (pictured in YOUR post).

The only reason I bought and installed this setup was because I didn't have to cut or weld and didn't have to destroy/cut up the factory Cat-Back.

The factory setup:
Manifolds > Primary Monitored Cats (Can't touch these without a tune) > Secondary Resonators/"Cats" > Factory X Pipe > Factory Crushed Rear Section > Suitcase muffler > Tips.

With the Borla + Corsa setup:
Factory Manifolds > Factory Primary Cats > Straight 2.75" Borla X-Pipe > Corsa 2.75" Axle-back.

No codes, no problems, no cutting, no welding, etc.
Thanks, I missed your reply. Good to know about the rear cats. I have wondered how that could be. And I was looking at the wrong end of your pic. Doh!

Your setup is cool. Any reason you did not go with the 3" 140727 ATAK? I will keep this in mind since no LTs for me on this Camaro. On the 5th gens LTs are a two hour job. Not so on the CA6.

Last edited by Fraxum; 05-24-2018 at 06:55 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #45
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Thanks, I missed your reply. Good to know about the rear cats. I have wondered how that could be. And I was looking at the wrong end of your pic. Doh!

Your setup is cool. Any reason you did not go with the 3" 140727 ATAK? I will keep this in mind since no LTs for me on this Camaro. On the 5th gens LTs are a two hour job. Not so on the CA6.
Yeah reason I didn't go with the ATAK is I just don't like the sound that Borla mufflers usually make.

Granted I haven't heard an ATAK on a ZL1 yet. Also I don't like the tips on their system either. I put Corsa on all my LS/LT cars, I've never been disappointed. Loud when you want, cruises like stock, zero drone, perfect fit and finish. The only exhaust I'd get that's not Corsa is Akrapovic or GT Haus/Meistershaft.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:12 AM   #46
IXFE

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet SS Sedan
Quick question... forgive me if this is obvious

When you change to an axle back set up, you are losing the factory bi-modal exhaust feature, correct? Doe that bother you guys at all. I’m asking because sometimes when I come into my neighborhood it’s nice to drop the car into Touring mode to quiet everything down, especially late at night or early in the morning.
IXFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:01 AM   #47
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXFE View Post

When you change to an axle back set up, you are losing the factory bi-modal exhaust feature, correct? Doe that bother you guys at all. I’m asking because sometimes when I come into my neighborhood it’s nice to drop the car into Touring mode to quiet everything down, especially late at night or early in the morning.
It depends on which axle back exhaust you get. Some allow you to use the OEM NPP valves.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #48
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXFE View Post

The Corsa system does get rid of the valves in the exhaust which are all the way in the back of the stock exhaust. There are some like Borla that retain the valves. The Corsa exhaust is so well tuned and designed that it doesn’t need valves. Stay out of the throttle and it’s quiet as stock track mode, maybe a touch louder.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:06 PM   #49
breadwoman

Drives: FRS
Is anyone getting a CEL with this set up? I got a CEL after 24 hrs while driving on the highway. From my research on this forum, it seems like it maybe the connection between the 60606 and the primary cat on the driver side.
breadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:10 PM   #50
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadwoman View Post
Is anyone getting a CEL with this set up? I got a CEL after 24 hrs while driving on the highway. From my research on this forum, it seems like it maybe the connection between the 60606 and the primary cat on the driver side.
Bingo. And nope no engine light here.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:10 PM   #51
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadwoman View Post
1. Did you unplug the battery while you were installing?
2. Check for leaks.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:28 PM   #52
Can'tHave2MuchHP

I did not disconnect the battery and when I remote started it the second time around to check for leaks while it was still up on the lift it threw a CEL and shut itself off because one of the guys had forgotten to plug the driver side o2 sensor back in. We plugged in the sensor, brought it down, cleared the code, and absolutely no issues since. Did somebody forget to plug in the sensor?

Also, check for leaks.
Make sure the code is because of the exhaust and not something else.
Make sure nothing else is damaged/out of place.
Buy a code reader or take it to somebody who has one, clear it and see if it pops back up.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:08 AM   #53
breadwoman

Drives: FRS
Thanks for the info. I'll be going back to the shop to read the code/check for leaks. The installer did mention he had issues with clearance of the 60606 so I suspect it wasn't secured properly.

Quote:
I did not disconnect the battery and when I remote started it the second time around to check for leaks while it was still up on the lift it threw a CEL and shut itself off because one of the guys had forgotten to plug the driver side o2 sensor back in. We plugged in the sensor, brought it down, cleared the code, and absolutely no issues since. Did somebody forget to plug in the sensor?

Also, check for leaks.
Make sure the code is because of the exhaust and not something else.
Make sure nothing else is damaged/out of place.
Buy a code reader or take it to somebody who has one, clear it and see if it pops back up.
breadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:06 PM   #54
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
Quote:

The 60606 bolts to the back of the primary cats. It bolts on the passenger side (The side that has the flat flange with 3 studs) and inserts/clamps on the driver side, just like the factory exhaust.

Did you look at the picture on page 1? You'll notice that the 60606's attachment points are identical to where the factory cat-back (pictured in YOUR post).

The only reason I bought and installed this setup was because I didn't have to cut or weld and didn't have to destroy/cut up the factory Cat-Back.
OP,

I am deleting my secondary cats for the exact same reasons you stated. Don't want to hack up my stock exhaust. I have the Borla cat delete front pipes. My question is on the driver side. Instructions say to use the provided accuseal clamp but the factory driver side primary cat has a permanently fixed clamp on the outlet already. Did you use the Borla clamp or the factory clamp or both?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:38 PM   #55
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS View Post
OP,

I am deleting my secondary cats for the exact same reasons you stated. Don't want to hack up my stock exhaust. I have the Borla cat delete front pipes. My question is on the driver side. Instructions say to use the provided accuseal clamp but the factory driver side primary cat has a permanently fixed clamp on the outlet already. Did you use the Borla clamp or the factory clamp or both?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You're the 2nd person to ask me this now. I honestly can't remember. I know I didn't cut anything. I wonder if I can see it by getting under the car...Let me run out to the garage and check...
Old 05-30-2018, 09:44 PM   #56
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Ran out and stuck my phone under the car and got these...Looks like we removed the factory clamp.
Attached Images