#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-18-2018, 08:45 AM   #29
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike71 View Post
im thinking of doing the same set up ...but am torn between extreme and sport ...want it loud but not stupid annoying loud ?? thoughts ??
IMO, just get the Xtreme. If you are planning on doing headers down the road, then I would get the Sport or even keep the stock mufflers. The car won't get that much louder due to the factory cats restricting a majority of your sound. The Xtreme + 60606 sounds sublime on this car, it's very manageable when putting around but has tons of growl on start up and loud under WOT.

I only know one guy that's running Corsa Sport on these ZL1s and it's forum member kttxz06. But he's running Headers and a Cam too.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:48 AM   #30
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
I ran into the exact same problem on mine too (I kept the OEM suitcase though).

Those small bends at the ends were rubbing the carrier bracket, rattled bad on decel and a start from stop.

I'm enjoying mine. The sound increase alone from just the 60606 was worth it.
Do you have a video of what that sounds like? I was thinking of just adding the x-pipe as well.
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:55 AM   #31
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinms View Post
Do you have a video of what that sounds like? I was thinking of just adding the x-pipe as well.
You'll know it when you hear it. The transmission tunnel will mildly vibrate and it's like a very rapid "tink tink tink". That's what it did for me.

To fix it like I did, just put it on a lift, get some oil filter pliers, loosen both joints, and spin the pipes in such a way that the bends come towards the center. You don't need a ton of clearance, it's a very solid setup once all bolted together, as long as you got a little bit, it won't vibrate.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #32
breadwoman

Drives: FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Hmm...I would think it's identical. The Borla X pipe was for the SS originally. The only thing would be AFM valves if you have them, I think if you get the 60606 and just unplug the AFM's you'll get a check engine light but cannot confirm that.

Check this out: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520164

That's what he was running. PM him and see what he says.
Thanks.
breadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #33
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Did you fix it or are you living with the rattling?
I went back under and fixed it, it rattled/sounded like shite.

I also found an exhaust leak on the weld on the Borla flange (right side). I tac welded that hole closed and then used some Walker acousti/seal at all the joints - sounds awesome now.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:49 AM   #34
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
You'll know it when you hear it. The transmission tunnel will mildly vibrate and it's like a very rapid "tink tink tink". That's what it did for me.

To fix it like I did, just put it on a lift, get some oil filter pliers, loosen both joints, and spin the pipes in such a way that the bends come towards the center. You don't need a ton of clearance, it's a very solid setup once all bolted together, as long as you got a little bit, it won't vibrate.
+1.

On mine it sounded like grinding when coming to and leaving a stop. Once you applied a little gas it went away. However, mine didn't start until the second time after I installed. My guess is that after the first heating/cooling cycle it settled right up next to the brace (or whatever it is that sits under the aft axle U-joint.)
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #35
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Pictures bro, weights, side by side, etc.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:30 PM   #36
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Got the ZL1 to the shop today and installed the exhaust. A few takeaways…

What this setup does:
1. Eliminates Factory Secondary Cats/Resonators

2. Bolts right in without cutting anything, can be reset to stock in half an hour.
Interesting.

I have read eliminating the secondary cats can cause CELs. Are you tuned?

No cutting and it bolts in in place of this? Or does it attach to the manifolds?

Old 05-18-2018, 12:32 PM   #37
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Interesting.

No cutting and it bolts in in place of this? Or does it attach to the manifolds?

What engineer approved that monster?
Old 05-18-2018, 12:42 PM   #38
mike71

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
IMO, just get the Xtreme. If you are planning on doing headers down the road, then I would get the Sport or even keep the stock mufflers. The car won't get that much louder due to the factory cats restricting a majority of your sound. The Xtreme + 60606 sounds sublime on this car, it's very manageable when putting around but has tons of growl on start up and loud under WOT.

I only know one guy that's running Corsa Sport on these ZL1s and it's forum member kttxz06. But he's running Headers and a Cam too.

THANKS ...WENT WITH THE XTREME AND 60606
mike71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #39
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Weight is definitely significantly lower. No idea how I'd weigh the factory cat-back...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Interesting.

Car is not tuned and never will be. Secondary cats are unmonitored resonators more than anything. Deleting them does not throw a check engine light. The ONLY time that it will throw a CEL is if they're deleted by some guy at an exhaust shop and he doesn't weld all the way around the top, eventually the exhaust leakage will trigger an o2 error and you'll get a CEL.

The 60606 bolts to the back of the primary cats. It bolts on the passenger side (The side that has the flat flange with 3 studs) and inserts/clamps on the driver side, just like the factory exhaust.

Did you look at the picture on page 1? You'll notice that the 60606's attachment points are identical to where the factory cat-back (pictured in YOUR post).

The only reason I bought and installed this setup was because I didn't have to cut or weld and didn't have to destroy/cut up the factory Cat-Back.

The factory setup:
Manifolds > Primary Monitored Cats (Can't touch these without a tune) > Secondary Resonators/"Cats" > Factory X Pipe > Factory Crushed Rear Section > Suitcase muffler > Tips.

With the Borla + Corsa setup:
Factory Manifolds > Factory Primary Cats > Straight 2.75" Borla X-Pipe > Corsa 2.75" Axle-back.

No codes, no problems, no cutting, no welding, etc.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:51 PM   #40
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Weight is definitely significantly lower. No idea how I'd weigh the factory cat-back...
I weighed my OEM suitcase (entire OEM assembly) at 76 lbs. I just held it and stood on the home scale.

Last edited by JeromeS13; 05-19-2018 at 03:58 AM.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:12 AM   #41
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
I weighed my OEM suitcase at 76 lbs. I just held it and stood on the home scale.

Wow! Does anyone know how much the corsa exhaust weighs?
Old 05-19-2018, 03:58 AM   #42
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
Wow! Does anyone know how much the corsa exhaust weighs?
Added a note to my above information. The 76 lbs is for the entire exhaust assembly, including the secondary cats.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote