Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-04-2020, 11:58 PM   #1
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
HELP!!! Side skirt Question ????????

Has anyone taken off their side skirts / rocker panels? If so are they pretty straight forward to remove or is their some hidden tricks?
Long story short have the car getting a ceramic coating and not to say what happened but some of the paint chipped off the side skirt near the front door jamb and now the side skirt needs to be removed to be repainted. Just trying to give the shop a heads up on removing the thing if there are any devils to watch out for..
Also do the rocker panels/side skirts match the paint code on the car? i have black not mosaic black so the skirts should match the paint code on the door jamb correct???
I wouldn't ask so many questions but i am deployed and cant go look for myself
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:19 AM   #2
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
I had a 17 1SS and replaced the stock rocker panels with factory ZL1 rocker panels, they are pretty easy to take off, but from underneath there are white clips that you have to depress to slide the bottom away (outward), start from the back and move your way to the front when removing the rocker panels, you have 3 yellow clips that have to be pushed down and that's pretty much it, there is a thread on the forum here that addresses this but for the SS but still will work for the ZL1.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:45 AM   #3
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
All ZL1 coupe and vert side skirts are MOSAIC black metallic (replacements do not come painted fwiw, but OP you're respraying yours so no worries). ZL1 rockers have rivets, so you'll need to drill them out and get replacements: black 3/16" rivets with 5/8" diameter head.

More info here:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488562
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:52 AM   #4
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
All ZL1 coupe and vert side skirts are MOSAIC black metallic (replacements do not come painted fwiw, but OP you're respraying yours so no worries). ZL1 rockers have rivets, so you'll need to drill them out and get replacements: black 3/16" rivets with 5/8" diameter head.

More info here:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488562
where are the rivets located? as for the paint if my car is just black will the side skirts still me mosaic black?
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:38 AM   #5
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
where are the rivets located? as for the paint if my car is just black will the side skirts still me mosaic black?
Underneath & Yes.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:57 AM   #6
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Underneath & Yes.
The ZL1 OEM ones do not have rivets. They use the same grey, white, and yellow fir tree / bird's beak style fasteners.

I replaced my SS with OEM ZL1's and all the fasteners were the same. Just grabbed the above pic off the net to show them.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote