Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-13-2020, 11:16 AM   #1
joeyazzata29
j1ss

Drives: '21 2SS 1LE
Cars at dealer, just bored at work lol

Brought her to the dealer this morning for a track alignment, dif fluid change, and my carplay was acting up so I told them to disconnect the battery for a little and that should clear it up

They argued with me on every single thing lol... im like "rear dif fluid" they're like "why" im like...

Im like disconnect my battery carplays acting up, they're like thats just a temporary fix im like dude I was in the audio industry the last 4 yrs I promise it just got confused, it'll fix it

They're like we won't recommend the track alignment because of excessive tire wear on the street, im like I know..... but im taking it to the track

just funny lol going to the dealer is like going to the doctor.

Im only using them instead of a shop because I have like $300 credit because of a previous mess-up with my Silverado.

just thought it was funny and worth sharing, we'll see when I get it back if they actually did everything.
joeyazzata29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:43 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
my dealer is good for certain things but not all things they wouldnt even change my exhaust hanger last time i was there and quoted me 1-2 hours took it to local muffler shop and he charged me $20 and took 5 minutes haha
Old 01-13-2020, 12:03 PM   #3
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Dealers could blank up a blank dream.

You fill in the blanks lol
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:12 PM   #4
joeyazzata29
j1ss

it's insane lol... when I went to get the oil changed for the break in they said thats only stingray vettes... im like I have the same engine guy lol
Old 01-13-2020, 12:13 PM   #5
joeyazzata29
j1ss

I changed the oil in my Silverado at 500mi too... who cares, if I want it why not do it
Old 01-13-2020, 12:44 PM   #6
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I go to my local dealer for oil changes, and for anything else like what you were getting done I travel a little further to an experienced and reputable gm performance car in my area.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:02 PM   #7
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyazzata29 View Post
Im like disconnect my battery carplays acting up, they're like thats just a temporary fix im like dude I was in the audio industry the last 4 yrs I promise it just got confused, it'll fix it.
They're not wrong though. It's a workaround you've come to accept versus a permanent fix. The technicians are probably just worried that you'd come back and complain later on.

I know it sucks but all this sounds semi-reasonable and they were probably just worried about liabilities. The main thing is they do what you want with enough convincing and everybody walks away happy.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:30 PM   #8
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I never go to the dealer. I do all work myself or have an independent shop for alignments or other work I can't do. I don't even want tire shops removing wheels from my cars- I take them off to have tires changed, mounted and/or balanced, take them to a tire shop, then I put them back on myself. I am very meticulous in my work. I have had so much trouble in the past with dealers- even for warranty work.

Thank goodness I can do the work myself- I'm 62 and keep in shape by working out 1.5 hours a day- one of the main reasons is to be able to work on my cars. Been doing my own work for 44 years now.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:41 PM   #9
joeyazzata29
j1ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
They're not wrong though. It's a workaround you've come to accept versus a permanent fix. The technicians are probably just worried that you'd come back and complain later on.

I know it sucks but all this sounds semi-reasonable and they were probably just worried about liabilities. The main thing is they do what you want with enough convincing and everybody walks away happy.
They're wrong in this case, I plugged in a different phone and the radio won't register mine. it happens often when I worked with these radios, all it needs is a reset... not for them to run 5 tests and a diagnostic on it
Old 01-13-2020, 01:42 PM   #10
joeyazzata29
j1ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I never go to the dealer. I do all work myself or have an independent shop for alignments or other work I can't do. I don't even want tire shops removing wheels from my cars- I take them off to have tires changed, mounted and/or balanced, take them to a tire shop, then I put them back on myself. I am very meticulous in my work. I have had so much trouble in the past with dealers- even for warranty work.

Thank goodness I can do the work myself- I'm 62 and keep in shape by working out 1.5 hours a day- one of the main reasons is to be able to work on my cars. Been doing my own work for 44 years now.
Me too man im the same way, but like I said I have $300 credit just sitting there for almost a year so I figured lets just let them knock it out
Old 01-13-2020, 01:46 PM   #11
joeyazzata29
j1ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post

hey I hear you though, im not trying to be a smart*** just bored at work, I know im complaining lol.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:01 PM   #12
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
You could have unhooked your own battery, takes all of 2 minutes.
You could have done the rear diff fluid in 5 minutes in your garage.
Track alignment for doing one track day is not the best idea, they're sort of right about that.
And you want them to do all of that, but not pay any money for it, instead using GM credit that I'm sure the service departments LOVE accepting. NOT.
The best thing usually is to stay far away from the dealer if you can. If you are tracking your car you should be doing all your own fluid service anyway.

Having GM "credit" sitting around is like having a page of Burger King coupons on your kitchen counter. You wouldn't go unless they sent you the coupons. If you do go, you'll save a few bucks but the food won't be good. When you get the coupons in the mail, you really should just throw them in the recycling bin.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:13 PM   #13
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
You could have done the rear diff fluid in 5 minutes in your garage.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I would like to see this 5 minute differential fluid change procedure..............
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:19 PM   #14
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
Having GM "credit" sitting around is like having a page of Burger King coupons on your kitchen counter. You wouldn't go unless they sent you the coupons. If you do go, you'll save a few bucks but the food won't be good. When you get the coupons in the mail, you really should just throw them in the recycling bin.
Did someone mention Burger King coupons?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote