Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-20-2018, 07:20 PM   #1
irobles3680

Drives: 2017 2.0 Camaro LT
Mod friendly dealerships

Hi,

Not sure if there’s a thread for this but was looking for mod friendly Chevy dealerships around Chicago IL area or even other areas to help others know what dealerships would be cool with bolts on or mods in car and still honor warranty work.
irobles3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #2
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
The only way I've seen dealerships honor warranties with mods is if you can prove they didn't cause the issue.

I had the OBD2 port blow a fuse and they tried to pin it on the mods.....I told them to stfu because the 18 year old doing the inspection is retarded
Old 12-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #3
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
You just need to make a few friends @ a local dealership. Its really that simple

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #4
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Just wanted to share this with the group.

I went in for a pretty serious coolant overheating issue to a local dealership. I told them beforehand that the car and coolant system was modified.

Service manager was happy that I went to him and not to a local mechanic because he himself has been building and racing cars for 44 years! lucked out here...

Long story short... Issue was fixed no problem and he waived the diagnostic fee because I was straightforward with him and was building my car "cleanly and correctly." On my way out he said "don't let anyone under that hood, you need anything else, call me and I'll take care of you."

Gotta search and find people who know what they're talking about. Not places where the service manager doesn't even know the basic operating temperatures of your car... ahem... ask me how i know.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:23 AM   #5
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Find a dealership that regularly does track alignments. Ask local Corvette club also. I’ve found that dealerships that does, are more mod friendly.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:44 PM   #6
Its_Lorelei

Drives: Some beater
Quote:
Originally Posted by irobles3680 View Post
Hi,

Not sure if there’s a thread for this but was looking for mod friendly Chevy dealerships around Chicago IL area or even other areas to help others know what dealerships would be cool with bolts on or mods in car and still honor warranty work.
I would check out Bill Stasek In wheeling. they do a lot of corvette/camaro sales, maybe they can help you out.
Its_Lorelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:53 PM   #7
irobles3680

Drives: 2017 2.0 Camaro LT
Thanks!
irobles3680 is offline   Reply With Quote