Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-10-2020, 09:37 PM   #15
LARRY01Z28

Drives: 2001Camaro Z28
I agree with kingLT1
LARRY01Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:12 AM   #16
19 2SS

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
First mod that should be done is tires. When I was NA and light bolt-ons, I picked up the biggest gains when I ditched the run flats. 305-30-20 of your choice. I run a Nitto 555r but they are not for everybody.

A10 tuning support isn't that great. Not sure I would mess with it until you go further with mods. ECU tune is worth about 9whp on a stock car...not really worth the cost unless you go flex fuel.

Mods that don't require tuning:

Rotofab dry
Ported intake manifold and throttle body.

Imho I would start with tires, rotofab, ported IM/TB and enjoy the car for a bit. Then worry about tuning if you decide to go further down the rabbit hole(Headers/Flex Fuel).
Thanks bro appreciate it, decided to just start off with a borla axle back, then ill finish the rest of the system later down the line when I'm not worried about warranty. going with https://www.borla.com/products/camar...11923cfba.html
19 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:45 AM   #17
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 2SS View Post
I bought a 2019 2SS 10 speed last week, just looking to improve performance. Is there anything I should invest in before I get a tune?
Congrats, 19 2SS! Please check us out (Soler Performance LLC), our Mods are transformational in a way that no other Mod can't beat for its price, ease of installation, and also for being warranty safe. Don't hesitate to e-mail or call shall you have any questions.

Thanks,
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:53 AM   #18
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
What KingLT1 said. Soler makes the best ported TBs, rotofab cai, pray ported intake manifold.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:52 AM   #19
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
I tuned mine with a Diablo Intune using a custom Diab Lew tune. The best mod I've ever made on any vehicle. My 2012 Jeep Gr Cherokee Hemi is also tuned and driving it feels like an SRT, amazing difference. On my 2SS A8 after the tune- zero throttle lag, the transmission shifts better and no AFM. All factory tunes are very lame geared to the "common man" And when I had to have my TQ replaced for the A8 vibration they took an ECM read after I re-flashed the factory tune and authorized the warrantee without issues.
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:35 PM   #20
JCunningham

no they didnt look at your tune. they dont look for a tune they look for the tune count. every time its flashed the ecm records it. If it doesnt match their records its void. They dont have to look at your tune for that issue. GM knows they messed up and is just replacing them.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 02-16-2020, 04:03 PM   #21
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Congrats, 19 2SS! Please check us out (Soler Performance LLC), our Mods are transformational in a way that no other Mod can't beat for its price, ease of installation, and also for being warranty safe. Don't hesitate to e-mail or call shall you have any questions.

Thanks,
No such thing as a warranty safe recalibration. Can't be done and we've discussed it for many years now. GM requires the dealer to take a snap shot of the module and send it to MPG for comparison in order to authorize ANY powertrain warranty. For example, my Saturn Sky RedLine had GM recalibration and the master file for my VIN was updated to that approved calibration.

Now if YOU GUYS are picking up the powertrain warranty, which would truly be transformational for re-calibrator, that would be something truly special to stand behind your work like that.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:10 PM   #22
JCunningham

you dont have to recalibrate to install a Soler tb
Old 02-16-2020, 04:13 PM   #23
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
you dont have to recalibrate to install a Soler tb
Got it.

OP asked about getting a tune so I assumed the Solertb involved that.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #24
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I'm in the no tune camp for a car under warranty.

I also agree that tires suitable for your purpose are the best and lowest risk mod you can make, whether it's wider or stickier tires or, for touring in wet weather, all-season tires.

Beyond that, based on discussions here on the forum and with a local mechanic who works on both late model cars and vintage cars, I would never put headers in a car that is driven in the real world. Headers melt stuff in the wire filled modern engine compartment.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:49 PM   #25
JCunningham

your mechanic is wrong. there are hundreds of thousands of modern cars with aftermarket headers and as long as you move the wires out of the way and do some heat shielding tape and plug wire boots they will not melt anything. Ceramic coating is also a good idea. I bet my Swain Tech coated headers are cooler then the factory manifold heat shields. Tuning a car with a warranty is all up to the owner. My car is a day off sunny day toy. It is not my daily driver. I can take the car apart and put it back together myself. I voided my warranty on my 12 SS and 17 SS befor they had 5000 miles. If it breaks it will have to sit until I can fix it better than befor. I dont need this car for anything but pleasure. My 17 6.2l 4x4 Silverado is my daily.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:02 PM   #26
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
Yeah like KingLT1 said for the most part. If going to tune do your few mods like E85 for sure, rotofab, tb and ported stock mani, maybe headers.

I pretty much had those mods in 1st 5000 miles and haven't had any issues related to engine/trans. Just normal headliner and front end link issue early on. Other than that trouble free and I'm at 40,000 mi now.