Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-01-2019, 07:53 AM   #71
EWard

Drives: 2019 Camaro RBM M6 LTG 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by irobles3680 View Post
Nope still have not got my refund, they took like 2 weeks to send me a return label and I shipped it right away but UPS sent it back to saying it was missing something so now I just reached out to them again, it’s quite frustrating tbh. Waiting for there respond now, their customer service is flawed as they take 2 business days to reply and there is no number you can call. My advice is skip out but hey maybe you’ll get better luck. Plus they charging me a shipping fee when it clearly states free returns and it’s a defective product. Idc at this point I just want my money back
Thanks, for the reply irobles. After hearing about there terrible customer service its not worth the gamble.
EWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:32 PM   #72
irobles3680

Drives: 2017 2.0 Camaro LT
Good choice, if it wasn’t for Jason from jacfab I wouldn’t even give them a try but he sold me on the review but his model is 2016 and mines 2017 it didn’t even work just made car run horrible. They did just sent another label so just dropped it off again hoping this one goes through fine
irobles3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:40 AM   #73
irobles3680

Drives: 2017 2.0 Camaro LT
Update: finally got my refund
irobles3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:19 PM   #74
RaceChip

Drives: Camaro 2.0 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by irobles3680 View Post
Update: finally got my refund

Thank you for the update and once again I am sorry for your hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWard View Post
Thanks, for the reply irobles. After hearing about there terrible customer service its not worth the gamble.
This was a case with many contretemps and we are sorry for that. RaceChip does not refund anything until the product is back in the RaceChip facility. RaceChip received the returned product February 5 (or on that date the return was opended) and the money was refunded February 6.

Hovewer, I have to admit that the customer experienced hassle and I am sorry for that. The German support team took longer that usual to send him a return label. Then the worst thing happened: The box got stuck at UPS, because they did not see any return slip.
I already sent feedback to my colleages about the long waiting time for the return label and the fact that they should have explained to add a retun slip. I hope this will never happen again. The customer got a full refund and did not have to pay for the retun label.

For future customers: Our US support can be reached via support@racechip.us
In peak times (e.g. Mondays) it sometimes takes longer to receive a response and our German support often jumps in to help to handle all customer inquiries.

Last edited by RaceChip; 02-19-2019 at 01:46 PM.
RaceChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:45 PM   #75
RaceChip

If something like this happens, we go through the installation process (together with the customer) to figure out the issue and fix it. In this case, we just did not get the chance fix it. That's fine. We have a 30 day money back guarantee.

But I can definitely confirm that the product works well on all model years incl. 2017. We received a lot of positive feedback. I don't know why there is not much feedback posted it here.Let me just share the 2 most resent posts.
I blacked them out for privacy reasons and forum rules. @Moderators, if I am not allowed to share this, please delete the pictures.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2019, 08:49 AM   #76
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
New forum member here, and new to the Camaro community. Just picked mine up on Saturday!

Based on the Jason@JacFab posts/reviews/videos, I have decided to order the RaceChip (went with the GTS, obviously). He hit the nail on the head on who this is marketed towards: the guy like me who isn't ready to make the major modifications and tunes at this time, but wants some extra power (not that I really need it in this thing!).

My dad has the RaceChip in his 2018 Genesis G80 and we both feel a big difference. The thing is a rocket!

The order was placed yesterday and I hope to install soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

One question for the RaceChip guy/gal on this forum, if they are still reading this: why no bluetooth/app for this model?
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:29 PM   #77
RaceChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by zts1986 View Post
New forum member here, and new to the Camaro community. Just picked mine up on Saturday!

Based on the Jason@JacFab posts/reviews/videos, I have decided to order the RaceChip (went with the GTS, obviously). He hit the nail on the head on who this is marketed towards: the guy like me who isn't ready to make the major modifications and tunes at this time, but wants some extra power (not that I really need it in this thing!).

My dad has the RaceChip in his 2018 Genesis G80 and we both feel a big difference. The thing is a rocket!

The order was placed yesterday and I hope to install soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

One question for the RaceChip guy/gal on this forum, if they are still reading this: why no bluetooth/app for this model?
Welcome to the Forum and welcome to the RaceChip family. I am glad that you like our products.
Regarding your new Camaro, please consider a braking period and drive at least the first 600 miles of the car in stock without the RaceChip installed. Afterwards, please start with a lower setting (max 5) for the next couple of hundred miles. Please use premium gas (at least 91 octane), which you should anyway use in a turbocharged car.

There were some technical reasons why the hardware and the app were not compatible with the type of sensor signals of the Camaro. But we changed the hardware recently and launched a new app, so technically we can offer the app now. It should be released in a few weeks (we want to do some testing first).

Important: The app version requires a different hardware internals (including a Bluetooth chip). So, people buying the product now (or later without adding the app feature), will not be able to use the app.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:54 PM   #78
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceChip View Post
Welcome to the Forum and welcome to the RaceChip family. I am glad that you like our products.
Regarding your new Camaro, please consider a braking period and drive at least the first 600 miles of the car in stock without the RaceChip installed. Afterwards, please start with a lower setting (max 5) for the next couple of hundred miles. Please use premium gas (at least 91 octane), which you should anyway use in a turbocharged car.

There were some technical reasons why the hardware and the app were not compatible with the type of sensor signals of the Camaro. But we changed the hardware recently and launched a new app, so technically we can offer the app now. It should be released in a few weeks (we want to do some testing first).

Important: The app version requires a different hardware internals (including a Bluetooth chip). So, people buying the product now (or later without adding the app feature), will not be able to use the app.
I appreciate the reply, thank you. I ordered the tune yesterday afternoon and have yet to receive an email saying that it has shipped. I'm considering canceling the order and waiting for the app version to arrive. Undecided, for now.

It has been my intention to install the RaceChip when I perform my first oil change, which will be at 1000 miles, so no worry there. Can you explain why I should leave it on setting 5 for a few hundred miles more? What data do you have to support this recommendation?

The manual recommends 93 octane and that is what I run.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #79
RaceChip

Quote:
I appreciate the reply, thank you. I ordered the tune yesterday afternoon and have yet to receive an email saying that it has shipped. I'm considering canceling the order and waiting for the app version to arrive. Undecided, for now.

It has been my intention to install the RaceChip when I perform my first oil change, which will be at 1000 miles, so no worry there. Can you explain why I should leave it on setting 5 for a few hundred miles more? What data do you have to support this recommendation?

The manual recommends 93 octane and that is what I run.

Haha I knew that you would cancel your order. Please let me know asap, if you want to cancel it and I will let my colleagues know.

No data. Just a suggestion to start things slowly. It would not harm your car.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:47 AM   #80
zts1986
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceChip View Post
Haha I knew that you would cancel your order. Please let me know asap, if you want to cancel it and I will let my colleagues know.

No data. Just a suggestion to start things slowly. It would not harm your car.
Honestly, I'm probably just going to leave the order as-is. Lets face it, it's going to be left on setting 7 all the time, anyway (unless I'm taking a long road trip, perhaps). Who wants to mess with a phone and changing settings when somebody pulls up next to you at a stop light?
Old 03-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #81
RaceChip

Quote:
Honestly, I'm probably just going to leave the order as-is. Lets face it, it's going to be left on setting 7 all the time, anyway (unless I'm taking a long road trip, perhaps). Who wants to mess with a phone and changing settings when somebody pulls up next to you at a stop light?

Great! The app is just a nice feature, but does not add performance.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:11 PM   #82
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo
4.3 0-60 with this!?
RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:26 PM   #83
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAvitia View Post
4.3 0-60 with this!?
So the guy that did that 4.3s has an intercooler, cai and muffler delete but no tune according to what i read. There's simpply to much blacked out/redacted in those images for me to trust them given the same withheld information from others.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 01:37 PM   #84
zts1986
Account Suspended

My RaceChip should arrive on Monday. I have another 400 miles until I do my 1000 mile break-in service, and then I will play around. I'm going to get some 0-60 and 1/4 mile times completely stock and then get some with the RaceChip installed.

I'm expecting/hoping to break 5.0s with the RaceChip installed. May need a throttle controller though, which is on the list of thingsto buy.