Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
GEN-IV
Right Cam

Drives: 2010 LS3 / 79 Z28
Camaros and other fun cars are subject to some pretty rough handling before they get to the customer. I remember what we did to Grand Nationals in the 80s........if the owners ever knew......
Old 08-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thank you everyone for your replies. I will update as I get more info.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #17
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
I still can't believe that your car is here AND broken. I truly hope things are corrected quickly and you are on the road experiencing the thrill!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #18
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '05 Impala, '10 IOM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to camaroluver
Sorry to hear that!! I too had damage done by the transport company....LUCKILY not to the car itself but my driver rear rim and tire.....took it back to the dealer as soon as I seen it(picked up 8/7 evening took back 8/9 am). They tried to say it was curbed but I have yet to see a green curb in Florida and just so happens that the transport truck is green, hard to see in picture but in the scrape of the rim there is green paint. However they filed a claim with GM and now I'm waiting on a new tire and rim.
camaroluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:02 AM   #19
Nezacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluver View Post
Sorry to hear that!! I too had damage done by the transport company....LUCKILY not to the car itself but my driver rear rim and tire.....took it back to the dealer as soon as I seen it(picked up 8/7 evening took back 8/9 am). They tried to say it was curbed but I have yet to see a green curb in Florida and just so happens that the transport truck is green, hard to see in picture but in the scrape of the rim there is green paint. However they filed a claim with GM and now I'm waiting on a new tire and rim.
Eek! Thats a nasty bit of damage there. Let me know how long it takes for them to replace.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #20
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Man, when I get mine, I am going to bring a group of inspectors to check it over with fine tooth combs...lol
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #21
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezacant View Post
Eek! Thats a nasty bit of damage there. Let me know how long it takes for them to replace.
I sure will. I just called to get an update and my salesman doesn't get in for another hour.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #22
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
Man, when I get mine, I am going to bring a group of inspectors to check it over with fine tooth combs...lol
I checked every inch or so I thought! My damage is hard to see depending on how the wheel is sitting at the time. I do have problems with my hockey stripes too. "Air bubbles" so they called them, said they would work their way out in a few days.....ok 10 days and counting, still there! I will be taking her back on my day off this week.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #23
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezacant View Post
Yeah that happened to my car also, expect my dealer saw it happen and heard it as they pulled it off the truck. Took GM a month to get the right rim to me. And they still sent the wrong one. I got a MS rim and I don't have the RS package. I just left it along since you really can't tell the difference. So I have 1 MS rim and 3 standard non-polished wheels. One unique car
Old 08-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #24
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
Yeah that happened to my car also, expect my dealer saw it happen and heard it as they pulled it off the truck. Took GM a month to get the right rim to me. And they still sent the wrong one. I got a MS rim and I don't have the RS package. I just left it along since you really can't tell the difference. So I have 1 MS rim and 3 standard non-polished wheels. One unique car
A MONTH?? OMG! I hope they send the right one to me and a new tire! They keep saying "wheel" and I add in and a TIRE! The tires are what probably $400 to $500 a piece? I have a feeling my dealer saw it happen to and just said nothing maybe hoping we wouldn't notice or realize they did it. I just say that b/c I didn't have to argue he came out took one look and said ok we will get it taken care of for you. Too nice makes me suspicious. LOL! But maybe it is the fact they had to deal with my husband for almost 8 months every couple of days driving them crazy waiting for the car....
Old 08-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #25
Nezacant

WOW a month?! For a wheel?! If it takes that long for a wheel then how long will it take for a side mirror or two...
Old 08-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #26
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Got an update.....the rim is on backorder so they say anywhere from 2 weeks to who knows!! And I have to take it back for them to look at the tire before 5 today. I have a feeling they are going to tell me they won't replace it. Am I being obnoxious that I want the tire replaced too even though it doesn't affect anything? It is just cosmetic but dang it I paid a lot of money for the car!! Geez sorry....I can imagine how everyone else that had body damage done is feeling!!