Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-14-2017, 01:24 PM   #43
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Charger Hellcat
I have contacted Chevy. Maybe I'll get a form letter response. Maybe not.

Like I said, SRT was in close contact with me on my Hellcat. I really had a great buying experience. Let's see what Chevy says.

BTW: I have pain in my clutch foot that is also an issue pushing me away from the M6. I still drive manual when I can, but the A10 is far more sensible.

R.
TheShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #44
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
We know exactly why... because of bias and close minded ideologies. When someone says "it's for the enthusiast" that doesn't quite jive with the heat soak theory. The project manager himself has hinted to exclusivity.. period

They won't put red seat belts in certain cars.

It costs MONEY to create options. But options also build a customer base.

1LE should get the A10. It's crazy not to offer it and many enthusiasts question the omission given that the new A10 is amazing.

Frankly, a A10 1LE MIGHT be too much of a Vette killer for many buyers and that may be the real issue here. I'd MUCH rather have an A10 ZL1-1LE than ANY current Vette.

R.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #45
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Many would argue that it would be crazy to offer this car in an a10. This car is the track purists wet dream, as such it should be an m6.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #46
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Gold level sponsor? Reel it in man...

No one denies the Z06 didnt have issues including the poster, but that sure as hell isnt evidence that a completely DIFFERENT transmission will replicate those Issues.
Ones more its not the trans per say, its the extra heat an Auto generates, that heat make the car go into limp mode, can that be solved in a ZL1LE A10 ?
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:42 PM   #47
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Ones more its not the trans per say, its the extra heat an Auto generates, that heat make the car go into limp mode, can that be solved in a ZL1LE A10 ?
I haven't heard of any ZL1 A10's going into limp mode on the track..... Z06's..... yes....
Old 08-14-2017, 02:47 PM   #48
HyperBlueX2

Quote:
Your the one that thinks i said the A10 has heat soak problems, all i said was Auto cars have that problem in the past, like the ZO6.

Next is the fist time they ran 2 ZL1 at the track which was faster right out of the box.............. well it was the M6 car, then to show how much faster the Auto is GM sent in some engineers to work on who know what and the car did put down a bit faster time then the M6, but did the work on the M6 to improve its time, No....... it was PR to show off the Auto.

Next time do the same tweak's on both cars and lets see what car is faster,

Then why did they make the 1LE in the 4th gen with an auto to.
Different Camaro regime......
Old 08-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #49
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueX2 View Post
I haven't heard of any ZL1 A10's going into limp mode on the track..... Z06's..... yes....
Same for me, so far the ZL1 is holding up fine, but GM has a reason not to offer it in the ZL1LE, it may be they dont want to, or it may be a lot more that we dont know.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:54 PM   #50
spotswood

Drives: Lexus, ZL1 1LE, Ducati, Suzuki,
I think the current trend as seen in the Porsche 911 GT3 and the Mercedes Benz GT-R, they are getting manual trannies for the purists. Just as the ZL1 1LE was marketed for.

As for the back seats, they are for when you need to give a midget (Oh, little person) a ride.

Chevy should have included a batman costume to be standard option instead of a rear cargo net.
Would go better with the bat wing. I have a white summit one and already have the local cops following me I think because of the wing. So much for keeping a low profile.

I can just see Chevy building everyones car to what they exactly want. It would take forever and the costs would double.
Maybe Chevy racing division should offer the option to customers to build custom cars to what they want and that could be their boutique custom car section.
You want a whipple supercharger, no problemo. Maybe Burger King could give them some tips.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #51
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueX2 View Post
Different Camaro regime......
So IUO its the camaro team? to me if GM thinks it will make $ they will make it and sale it, i know as we all do that on the Z/28 GM did not do as well as they hoped, IMO they are now looking at small runs on there end, cars will be to pre sold orders more then to dealer wanting cars, that way GM will not need to discount them $25K to move them.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #52
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SS View Post
Many would argue that it would be crazy to offer this car in an a10. This car is the track purists wet dream, as such it should be an m6.

A Porsche GT3 is one of the best track machines around. It can be had with a great auto tranny. There are many awesome "wet dream" trackable cars with autos. This purist thing is just silly. You're driving car with a TON of modern tech. If you really want a purist experience, pick up an old Austin Healy and track that.

What kind of tranny does the new Ford GT carry?

Let's stop this silly "purist" stuff. Purist is manual steering, manual steering, no ABS brakes etc. My 1973 MGB was a more pure than any ZL1 1LE. Many reviews of the 1LE mention that the A10 is a curious, if not downright unfathomable, omission.

MT - "No auto, sorry. Because the 10-speed tranny is supposed to be the quickest way around a racetrack, it’s curious that it’s not offered."

Autoweek - "This leaves us confused as to why that automatic was not made available in this car. Sure, the manual is lighter, but the auto was supposed to be the be-all and end-all of Camaro shifters only a few months ago at the 1LE intro."

Anyway...everyone's entitled to their taste. Adding the A10 isn't going to damage the rep of the 1Le one bit.

R
Old 08-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #53
HyperBlueX2

Quote:
So IUO its the camaro team? to me if GM thinks it will make $ they will make it and sale it, i know as we all do that on the Z/28 GM did not do as well as they hoped, IMO they are now looking at small runs on there end, cars will be to pre sold orders more then to dealer wanting cars, that way GM will not need to discount them $25K to move them.
Team Camaro's policy is 1LE = manual..... for many reasons..... nothing to do with reliabilty or cooling issues.......

also as you stated.... about 750 a year for the ZL1 1LE..... no overbuild this time around..... or deep discounts......
Old 08-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #54
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Making every car for everyone is why you end up with a 3500 lbs Corvette Z06 that can't run a lap without overheating. Not every car is for everyone.

I'm surprised people don't complain the ZL1 doesn't come with the V6 option because they don't need the power.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #55
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Dude please just leave the forums, no one cares about your opinions plain and simple. Just get the ZL1 and quit your complaining please. Isn't this your 2nd "rant" thread now?

$100 says this guy is all talk and will never get a ZL1 or 1LE. Anyone want to take me up on that bet?

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:11 PM   #56
HyperBlueX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Dude please just leave the forums, no one cares about your opinions plain and simple. Just get the ZL1 and quit your complaining please. Isn't this your 2nd "rant" thread now?

$100 says this guy is all talk and will never get a ZL1 or 1LE. Anyone want to take me up on that bet?
I fold......