Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-25-2022, 06:25 PM   #1
exscat

Drives: lt1
camaro not shipping

car was built 3rd week in april. dealer told me i had to come in and finish the deal. meanwhile, made my first payment...no car....got a welcome to chevy from GM....no car....got a thank you from dealer.....no car....one month of lease gone.....no car.....one month of xm radio gone....no car....was told 2-4 more weeks....fyi, car is one hour from my house
exscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 06:35 PM   #2
NOTSINCE57

Drives: '23 1SS 1LE-Sharkskin M6
That's a crappy feeling. The whole system seems to be really messed up for the past year and half. You don't think it was one of those Camaro's that got stolen a few weeks back from the factory lot?
NOTSINCE57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 06:58 PM   #3
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
If I’ve learned anything in the past couple years, it’s that people or companies/businesses are continuing to let us down. I am new to Chevy/GM so have little experience with their services but from what I can tell, they aren’t impressing anyone. Yeah they have the best bang for your buck, but they don’t back it up after you pay up.

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:04 PM   #4
Dark Phoenix

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS Redline
That is the dealerships problem of wanting cars 100% sold even if they have not arrived yet with no exact time table so they can guarantee the sale. Never sign for a car that hasn’t arrived, or at least shipped and expected in within a week. My dealer waited until the car was there before contacting me to see when I could come in no pressure. My car was built first week or two of February and it came in last week of March or first week of April.

Main point is don’t go sign all the paperwork when they don’t know when they’re actually getting the car and thus putting you in the situation your Dealer & salesperson did that to you not Chevy or GM.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:54 PM   #5
exscat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Phoenix View Post
That is the dealerships problem of wanting cars 100% sold even if they have not arrived yet with no exact time table so they can guarantee the sale. Never sign for a car that hasn’t arrived, or at least shipped and expected in within a week. My dealer waited until the car was there before contacting me to see when I could come in no pressure. My car was built first week or two of February and it came in last week of March or first week of April.

Main point is don’t go sign all the paperwork when they don’t know when they’re actually getting the car and thus putting you in the situation your Dealer & salesperson did that to you not Chevy or GM.
every camaro that comes off the assembly line is accounted for...all sold already. yes i was following the dealer's direction but if i didnt close the deal someone else would have
Old 05-25-2022, 07:55 PM   #6
exscat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTSINCE57 View Post
That's a crappy feeling. The whole system seems to be really messed up for the past year and half. You don't think it was one of those Camaro's that got stolen a few weeks back from the factory lot?
all the camaros stolen were ZL1's
Old 05-25-2022, 07:56 PM   #7
exscat

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
If I’ve learned anything in the past couple years, it’s that people or companies/businesses are continuing to let us down. I am new to Chevy/GM so have little experience with their services but from what I can tell, they aren’t impressing anyone. Yeah they have the best bang for your buck, but they don’t back it up after you pay up.
you are absolutely correct
Old 05-25-2022, 08:30 PM   #8
Dark Phoenix

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by exscat View Post
every camaro that comes off the assembly line is accounted for...all sold already. yes i was following the dealer's direction but if i didnt close the deal someone else would have
Off the assembly line some are customer orders, rest are are dealer inventory orders so in that matter in general you can call them sold I guess, but dealer inventory cars aren’t actually sold to the customer yet, dealers need to sell the cars to consumers and collect the check from your car loan company, and also to give your salesman & dealership their commissions on the sale. You caved to the dealer & salesman’s pressure to sign for the car while it was still in transit. So that situation is between you & the dealer not Chevy or GM. You can’t complain when you knew what you were signing up for with the dealer & salesman. You didn’t want to lose on the car so you chose your current situation with it when you went into the dealer to sign the paperwork with no clue of when the car would actually arrive.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:35 PM   #9
exscat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Phoenix View Post
Off the assembly line some are customer orders, rest are are dealer inventory orders so in that matter in general you can call them sold I guess, but dealer inventory cars aren’t actually sold to the customer yet, dealers need to sell the cars to consumers and collect the check from your car loan company, and also to give your salesman & dealership their commissions on the sale. You caved to the dealer & salesman’s pressure to sign for the car while it was still in transit. So that situation is between you & the dealer not Chevy or GM. You can’t complain when you knew what you were signing up for with the dealer & salesman. You didn’t want to lose on the car so you chose your current situation with it when you went into the dealer to sign the paperwork with no clue of when the car would actually arrive.
you have no idea what you're talking about oh great "dark phoenix". not having my car is chevy's fault, GM's fault, the dealer's fault and your fault too. i suppose everything in your life you've ever done has been executed to the utmost perfection, right? you're from MD what do you know about manufacturing, logistics, camaro orders and allocations and demands or GM for that matter
Old 05-25-2022, 11:23 PM   #10
Camden45

Drives: Chevrolet Chevy
I'd personally never sign/pay for a car that hasn't even arrived at the dealer yet. It's scummy and wild that dealership pressured you into doing that.
Camden45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 12:26 AM   #11
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
I would call the finance company and ask why you are making lease payments on a car Gm still owns
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:29 AM   #12
Twizzty
$$$$...$$...$$$...$$$$...

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Wow, you are paying for a car they don't even have for you yet?! The dealer(not GM) pressured you into making a bad decision and you folded, sucks for you but as they say it takes two to tango...
2021 CX-5 Carbon Turbo AWD
Twizzty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:00 AM   #13
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
The dealer screwed you sir and they are unethical in their practices for leasing a vehicle that they haven't received yet. I ordered a new 2022 refreshed Silverado in January, it was built in Mexico on the 18 of March and I picked it up at the dealership on April 6. My dealer that I've purchased over 40 new vehicles from (plus 10 or more used) would have never put pressure on me to finance a truck/car that hadn't been delivered yet. I hope you get it soon, good luck
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:48 AM   #14
exscat

thank you all for your input. you all have provide great direction.