Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #29
LTwin86

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead79 View Post
I plastidipped the flowtie. I like the black front end. It contrasts nicely against the garnett red tintcoat and I feel it gives the Camaro a really aggressive look that the 16-18s lack.
16-18 SS has no lack of aggressive look, it just doesn't look ugly like 19👍
LTwin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #30
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaospiece View Post
The reason it was only for one year and small numbers is because it wasn't sought after.
We can probably say the 19 was the reason they looked to kill off the Camaro.

Any mass produced car isn't going to be rare, but they should have never used the transformers split front end on it.
Leading up to, and right after their release people also hated the 18 Mustang look, the 19+ Silverado, the C7's were despised, even the C6's dropping the pop up lights was very unpopular, the MKV Supra received tons of hate, R35 GTR's, etc, etc. Sometimes people don't realise the like something until they live with it for a while. Peoples opinions change. Hell I remember Foxbody guys bashing the SN95 cars, and then SN95 guys bashing the New Edge cars. Same with GEN4 Camaro guys hating the looks of the LS1 cars. People adapt and learn to like designs. I've seen people commenting on places like YT about how they hated the 19's, but now that they are out and on the street they feel they like them best of the GEN6 cars. Not everyone, but many people seem to have started to adopt this mindset towards the 19 SS's.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 03:27 PM   #31
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Wonder if we'll see a hybrid 19/20 front end from someone. Start with a 2019, put the bow tie back up to the upper grill then use a black 2020 center section for a blacked out look with proper bow tie placement and flowtie delete. I think it'd look pretty cool.

I'm wondering this too, i haven't seen anyone doing it, other than a few photo shops. I really like the black center section, if a fender bender forced me to replace the front bumper, i'm guessing i'd have to have a hybrid 19/20 front end, because i doubt they're are many 2019 front center sections as replacement parts.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #32
chaospiece

Drives: 2018 SS, 2016 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Leading up to, and right after their release people also hated the 18 Mustang look, the 19+ Silverado, the C7's were despised, even the C6's dropping the pop up lights was very unpopular, the MKV Supra received tons of hate, R35 GTR's, etc, etc. Sometimes people don't realise the like something until they live with it for a while. Peoples opinions change. Hell I remember Foxbody guys bashing the SN95 cars, and then SN95 guys bashing the New Edge cars. Same with GEN4 Camaro guys hating the looks of the LS1 cars. People adapt and learn to like designs. I've seen people commenting on places like YT about how they hated the 19's, but now that they are out and on the street they feel they like them best of the GEN6 cars. Not everyone, but many people seem to have started to adopt this mindset towards the 19 SS's.

It isn't the best. Its still ugly and doesn't flow with body lines. They had no faith in it that they kept the zl1 the same.
It's a mess of creases that looks like a rey mysterio mask on an uncovered bumper bar.
chaospiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:53 PM   #33
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
The reason it was only for one year and small numbers is because it wasn't sought after.
We can probably say the 19 was the reason they looked to kill off the Camaro.

LOL. Not even close. I've yet to find a single person who follows that opinion in real life, including myself and I had a '16 before this. Been to dozens of car shows with mine, hell just had rod week here in Daytona...not one single negative comment (outside the internet LOL). In fact there are still new 18's on some local lots where the 19s have sold out.

Quote:

JROC pretty much nailed it. And it was almost 100% internet based at that.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:32 PM   #34
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqwert6 View Post
LOL. Not even close. I've yet to find a single person who follows that opinion in real life, including myself and I had a '16 before this. Been to dozens of car shows with mine, hell just had rod week here in Daytona...not one single negative comment (outside the internet LOL). In fact there are still new 18's on some local lots where the 19s have sold out.
You can DEFINITELY count me as someone who was ready to buy for the 2019 model year, saw that monstrosity, and then held off and hoped they came to their senses with at front clip. When I saw the SEMA design I knew they HAD to adapt it for 2020. Which they did. And now I have one on order.

Your theory that it’s “only Internet” is false. There’s plenty of ‘19 SSs still in stock around the country.

The dealers you visited most likely had a low allotment to begin with.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:40 PM   #35
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
You can DEFINITELY count me as someone who was ready to buy for the 2019 model year, saw that monstrosity, and then held off and hoped they came to their senses with at front clip. When I saw the SEMA design I knew they HAD to adapt it for 2020. Which they did. And now I have one on order.

Your theory that it’s “only Internet” is false. There’s plenty of ‘19 SSs still in stock around the country.

The dealers you visited most likely had a low allotment to begin with.

What ever man. Have a great day.

Lol.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:49 PM   #36
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
It isn't the best. Its still ugly and doesn't flow with body lines. They had no faith in it that they kept the zl1 the same.
It's a mess of creases that looks like a rey mysterio mask on an uncovered bumper bar.
The 16-18 SS models are very meh in comparison. Meh to the point of being ugly themselves. Like the design engineers were too ***** to try something attention getting. Since there are so many ugly Camaros it's no wonder the GEN6 Mudstains have easily outsold them.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:08 AM   #37
chaospiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqwert6 View Post

JROC pretty much nailed it. And it was almost 100% internet based at that.

And I haven't met anyone who says the 19 look any good. In fact, they're always roasted on by car clubs passive aggressively. They can't even seem sell them discounted.

Look at the roof lines and side body lines and how they flow to a jagged mess in the front.
And dont even start with the rear muffintop they gave it.

I known it's all subjective, but why would they do a industrial look on a American sports car whose lines are meant to flow?

Before I got my 18 camaro, I was waiting for the mustang refresh, I have a 16 mustang.
Literally the only reason I kept the mustang and bought a Camaro is because the hideous derp face refresh on the 18 mustang.
Since then, mustang sales have also collapsed compared to the 15-17 years.

Dodge however have been the same with new hoods, widebody, etc but kept the general profile. Look at their success for the past 10 years with their sports cars.

I dont pay anyone's car bill, I dont have any say in anything about somebody else's car ownership, but dont glorify an idea that failed as uniquely special rare, it failed because it wasn't a good design. It's rare because it wasn't special.

All that hype from the car world then to be given an alien mouth/ bumblebee camaro... shame.

Love your car because YOU love your car. Dont try to push it onto the world and the world won't push back. Honestly, maybe there's unfair animosity towards the 19's because we know its impact seems to have doomed the camaro.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:35 AM   #38
LTwin86

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Quote:
The 16-18 SS models are very meh in comparison. Meh to the point of being ugly themselves. Like the design engineers were too ***** to try something attention getting. Since there are so many ugly Camaros it's no wonder the GEN6 Mudstains have easily outsold them.
Guys, there is no disrespect to your cars, if you like it, enjoy
It is really stupid not to notice facts that refresh was unsuccessful.
- Tons of hate from fans, obviosly, new front and rear out of whole car design, looks like Japanese cars.
- Criticism of the new design from respectful car experts
- Official confirmation from GM about design fail and second refresh
- Massive sales volume drop
There are a lot of battles regarding 18 vs 19 model year on this forum, everybody got tired with it.
LTwin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #39
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTwin86 View Post
Guys, there is no disrespect to your cars, if you like it, enjoy
It is really stupid not to notice facts that refresh was unsuccessful.
- Tons of hate from fans, obviosly, new front and rear out of whole car design, looks like Japanese cars.
- Criticism of the new design from respectful car experts
- Official confirmation from GM about design fail and second refresh
- Massive sales volume drop
There are a lot of battles regarding 18 vs 19 model year on this forum, everybody got tired with it.
+1, let's just leave this behind

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #40
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Honestly, maybe there's unfair animosity towards the 19's because we know its impact seems to have doomed the camaro.

how do you figure? The sales drop in 2019 Q3 was 15% for the Camaro and there was a similar drop in the mustang at 12%
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/10...arter-2019-q3/
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:10 PM   #41
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
Personally after I saw the refresh insert for 2020 I preferred the 2019 immediately. After none of the dealers I tried working with on a 2019 would budge (this was back in Aug/Sept) I came across my 2020 SS 1LE with a dealer that was willing to work. Had to do some driving to get it but it was worth it.

IMO the 2019 looks more aggressive than my 2020. Especially on the 1LE models.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:31 AM   #42
chaospiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
how do you figure? The sales drop in 2019 Q3 was 15% for the Camaro and there was a similar drop in the mustang at 12%
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/10...arter-2019-q3/
Q3 1019 the 20s we're already on lots..
Q3 2018 is when the 19 took the lots.