Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-01-2022, 12:34 PM   #1
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
The rabbit hole deepens...

Just bought a GoPro with external magnetic mount for my car, along with dragy for when I go to the track next week...

I can't wait to look stupid in front of everyone since it'll be my first time ever going.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 12:53 PM   #2
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Have fun & be safe out there!

If you're interested, these are the GoPro settings I've found to work best...
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606145

If you're mounting the camera outside the car, you can probably leave ISO to utilize the max range. I limit it for in-car footage so that the interior isn't too dark and the exterior isn't overly blown out.

Just make sure HyperSmooth is off. If you leave it on, the camera will pan left and right as you go around corners.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 01:21 PM   #3
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
Have fun & be safe out there!

If you're interested, these are the GoPro settings I've found to work best...
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606145

If you're mounting the camera outside the car, you can probably leave ISO to utilize the max range. I limit it for in-car footage so that the interior isn't too dark and the exterior isn't overly blown out.

Just make sure HyperSmooth is off. If you leave it on, the camera will pan left and right as you go around corners.
jeesus didn't realize there was that much to it lol

I'll have to read those settings.

Also, LOL at you bullying some poor defenseless Porsche

Also for clarification going to Dragstrip.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
Old 07-01-2022, 06:12 PM   #4
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
just for clarification, the dragy is for when you aren't on the track haha

i've tossed around buying a go pro. they are a bit intimidating now bc it ain't just a camera you stick to your car anymore, so many features & options.

get some footage of you driving around mi this fall. pretty place.
Old 07-02-2022, 08:51 AM   #5
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
just for clarification, the dragy is for when you aren't on the track haha

i've tossed around buying a go pro. they are a bit intimidating now bc it ain't just a camera you stick to your car anymore, so many features & options.

get some footage of you driving around mi this fall. pretty place.
Got a Gopro Hero 8 black for $299. kicking myself because I could have picked it up for $250, but owell.

Its actually not to bad, but the settings that were suggested were not exactly kosher. But they were close, some features I had to leave enabled.

2.7k wide
Hypersmooth: On
Bitrate: High
ISO Max: 6400

Everything else is set to default

Was testing the mount on my helmet. Thought video came out pretty well.

Forum mods tend to frown upon my videos, so I won't post it. But will send in a PM instead.
Old 07-02-2022, 09:09 AM   #6
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Joining this thread so I can keep the link to GoPro settings fresh and in reach for when I set up at CF.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:21 AM   #7
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Just bought a GoPro with external magnetic mount for my car, along with dragy for when I go to the track next week...

I can't wait to look stupid in front of everyone since it'll be my first time ever going.
What track are you going to and on what day? I’m thinking seriously of going to Milan on Wednesday before leaving for CF on Thursday. I’d say this is a 90% chance. Rain being the only hedge here.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:07 AM   #8
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
What track are you going to and on what day? I’m thinking seriously of going to Milan on Wednesday before leaving for CF on Thursday. I’d say this is a 90% chance. Rain being the only hedge here.
US 131 Dragway Test N Tune Friday July 8th 6pm-11pm

Sorry should have clarified. Doing drag strip.

Last edited by FlukeSS; 07-02-2022 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-02-2022, 03:02 PM   #9
FlukeSS

Just got my external mount.

Its pretty ef'ing solid. Only worry I have is if rocks kick up and hit the camera.

Don't fret the blue frame is removable but I was thinking in terms of safety if the camera falls off the mount it won't go and hit the ground, just scratch the F out of my car instead.

Edit: Just bought the underwater cover for the camera, should be golden now and no blue thingy needed anymore.