Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-09-2019, 04:59 AM   #1
zjolsen

Drives: 17 ZL1 1LE Clone
New owner checking in and a couple questions

Hi all, just picked up my 17 A10 1LE clone and boy is it amazing. Just picked it up yesterday drove it home 2 hours. Never have I been so comfortable in a sports car. I previously had a 14 1LE and remember how stiff it was. MRC was a must so 1LE was out. I am seriously impressed with this car and wondering why I waited so long to get it.

A couple of questions I have:
Is the different suspension modes really noticeable? I have bad roads and even in track mode it felt the same as touring.

My NPP doesn’t seem to be switching in auto or manual drive modes.

Would I get errors if either are not working? Planning to take it in to dealership since it’s still under warranty but don’t want to look like an idiot too. Haha.

Pictures attached or it didn’t happen!
Attached Images

zjolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 05:10 AM   #2
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Congratulations on your new car...

It sounds like some settings have been manually set.

So, use the infotainment screen to go into the vehicle settings, then go into "Engine Sound" and change that to "Auto" and do the same for steering and suspension.

(some video i found)

Probably everything set to one value.

Mag ride if really adaptive, on "FULL SEND" on the street it is still very comfy, get it on track and it will really stiffen up.
Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 05:41 AM   #3
krw1103

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Nice looking ride my friend and welcome to the group. I can tell the difference easily between touring and sport/track mode. I have gone into the Infotainment system like Sakudog explains and left my exhaust in "Wake the neighbors" mode and love the sound.
krw1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 05:49 AM   #4
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjolsen View Post
Hi all, just picked up my 17 A10 1LE clone and boy is it amazing. Just picked it up yesterday drove it home 2 hours. Never have I been so comfortable in a sports car. I previously had a 14 1LE and remember how stiff it was. MRC was a must so 1LE was out. I am seriously impressed with this car and wondering why I waited so long to get it.

A couple of questions I have:
Is the different suspension modes really noticeable? I have bad roads and even in track mode it felt the same as touring.

Would I get errors if either are not working? Planning to take it in to dealership since it’s still under warranty but don’t want to look like an idiot too. Haha.

Pictures attached or it didn’t happen!

Welcome! If the settings for the NPP look good, check the fuse box nearest the passenger side headlamp (Underhood) There’s a good chance the fuse has been pulled, which keeps the exhaust the loudest.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:05 AM   #5
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjolsen View Post
Switching the gear selector lever between full Auto "D" vs. Manual "M" (aka paddles) mode does not affect NPP operation. Only the Drive mode button and the Mylink settings do.

So if NPP is set to Stealth/Tour/Sport/Track in Mylink, the only way to change it is to go into Mylink and pick another Engine Sound Management setting or "Auto (mode selector)" default... as mentioned above.

Fuse F51 is the NPP fuse... which some folks pull to keep the car Loud all the time.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:19 AM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
In the ZLE you're not going to notice a difference in the ride quality too much with PTM modes. It's pretty stiff all the time. Where you will notice is on the track especially coming out of turns where Sport 1 will pull some timing and keep you in a straight line and Race will give more power with less traction control. Experiment with these and you'll definitely notice the difference.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:20 AM   #7
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
settings, driving mode, suspension and see if the check mark is in the proper location
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:22 AM   #8
mblum

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
Welcome, you are going to love the car. Peak at the front springs right above the tire. If you see an orange spacer in there pull it out. You car looks alittle high in the front(mine was the same) and it's possible the dealer didn't remove the shipping spacers.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:33 AM   #9
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
In the ZLE you're not going to notice a difference in the ride quality too much with PTM modes. It's pretty stiff all the time. Where you will notice is on the track especially coming out of turns where Sport 1 will pull some timing and keep you in a straight line and Race will give more power with less traction control. Experiment with these and you'll definitely notice the difference.
This isn't a real ZLE. The OP said it was a 2017 clone. Remember: the ZLE was released as a 2018 model.

So, this doesn't have the spool valve dampers. He has MRC like a normal ZL1.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:58 AM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
This isn't a real ZLE. The OP said it was a 2017 clone. Remember: the ZLE was released as a 2018 model.

So, this doesn't have the spool valve dampers. He has MRC like a normal ZL1.

Then yeah, you should definitely feel the difference, steering, ride and all.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:01 AM   #11
zjolsen

I should clarify. I know how to change the settings, I am just not seeing a big difference in ride when going from track to touring. Same with exhaust. I changed went through and manually set modes via the infotainment vs setting it to auto and changing the drive modes via the button. Still really no change. I do notice the steering firm up in track mode however. I will check the fuse later today, still doesn't even seem that loud. My old 1LE had NPP so I know what to expect with it on vs off.

Thanks for the tip on suspension... I agree I thought it did sit a tad high up front as well.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:21 AM   #12
mblum

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
The difference in the suspension feel from tour to track is noticable, but not to the extreme of a double adjustable shock going from full soft to full hard for example.

Are you in Elkhorn Nebraska?
Old 08-09-2019, 07:35 AM   #13
zjolsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblum View Post
The difference in the suspension feel from tour to track is noticable, but not to the extreme of a double adjustable shock going from full soft to full hard for example.

Are you in Elkhorn Nebraska?
I am!
Old 08-09-2019, 07:43 AM   #14
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
With my 2018 ZL1, I really don't see much difference in exhaust note regardless of setting until I open it up (really put my right foot down). There is a difference in setting at wide open throttle. But in normal driving, I don't hear much difference either.

As far as suspension settings go, I noticed that in touring mode, mine will bottom out going over speed bumps. So, I keep it in sport mode and that doesn't happen.

Again, like you, I don't feel a huge amount of difference in driving feel between touring and sport.