Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 08-04-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
mhauser2

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
ARH Long Tubes and Long system

Hey all,

anyone running the ARH 1 7/8ths long tubes with their long system? Do you like it? any cons?
mhauser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
I run the 2 inch ARH headers and ARH long system including ARH mufflers and tail pipes on my ZL1. The fit and finish is excellent. Headers fit fine, no rubbing. The entire system was a direct bolt in, no crazy fit issues. The sound is a much deeper growl than other systems I have heard, more like a traditional muscle car (we have different engines so the sound will be somewhat different). Zero rasp even though there are no cats which is great. There is some drone, but it is more of a lower range, bass type of drone and not obtrusive, so it is a non issue for me, but drone can be subjective. I think it is a well engineered system with a deep muscle car sound.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #3
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
I have the ARH catless 1 3/4 long system into the sock NPP on my 17 SS 1LE with a Procharger D1SC. It sounds great, loud and raspy to the exotic side of sound.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:31 PM   #4
mhauser2

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
I run the 2 inch ARH headers and ARH long system including ARH mufflers and tail pipes on my ZL1. The fit and finish is excellent. Headers fit fine, no rubbing. The entire system was a direct bolt in, no crazy fit issues. The sound is a much deeper growl than other systems I have heard, more like a traditional muscle car (we have different engines so the sound will be somewhat different). Zero rasp even though there are no cats which is great. There is some drone, but it is more of a lower range, bass type of drone and not obtrusive, so it is a non issue for me, but drone can be subjective. I think it is a well engineered system with a deep muscle car sound.
with the 2 inch headers did you have to worry about the steering bolt like with others? Or have it hit steering column any?
mhauser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:41 PM   #5
Agent K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
I have the ARH 1-7/8" headers full system tied into my stock NPP exhaust (which I had to cut). My headers are also ceramic coated. I had no issues with the install and no clearance issues. No rasp, no drone and sounds great; of course, I customized my system. I wish I could load a sound clip but I don't have a YouTube account.
2017 ZL1 Arctic Blue Metallic / 6MT / sunroof / NAV / PDR / RotoFab CAI + dry filter / Tony Mamo TB V1 / Skip Shift Eliminator / Hurst Short Throw Shifter / ZL1 floor mats / Dead Pedal cover (to match other pedals) / ARH Catless 1-7/8" headers + ARH X-pipe + AWE Touring Axle-Back / Diode Dynamic smoked side markers / American Authority tow hook
Agent K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:20 AM   #6
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhauser2 View Post
with the 2 inch headers did you have to worry about the steering bolt like with others? Or have it hit steering column any?
None. The 2 inch ARH headers fit fine. Zero clearance issues.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:57 AM   #7
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
The Headers are amazing and the fitment and quality are top notch. However with highflow cats the catback drones beyond what I was comfortable with. I bought some solo J-pipes to have welded in near the rear mufflers which totally eliminated the drone.
I do have some sort of rubbing when I make a tight turn. I've gotten under the car and can see a heat shield makes contact with the passenger side rear muffler hanger. I'll have to figure a way to trim that. Other than that it sounds absolutely amazing!.

Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:19 AM   #8
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
ARH makes one of the best headers on the planet. They usually have the best fitment and they are always top quality.

Personally I think the ARH long system and the Stainless Works system are two of the best systems on the market. They both connect right at the muffler removing a few restriction points along the way. The stock exhaust is fine for most builds but we have done some extreme set ups and it really helps to replace the stock necked down "crush pipe" in front of the mufflers. There are also a couple other points that are less then 2.75" in the factory exhaust. If you're doing a bolt on car or light mods it probably isn't a big deal but it will effect some of the bigger builds.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #9
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Agent K wanted me to post this for him, this is his 2017 ZL1 with custom exhaust.

https://youtu.be/ApkS2lkjMmM

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:40 PM   #10
Nino8309

Drives: 2018 Summit white 2SS 1LE
I have the 2" long system to npp. as others have said fitment is excellent no problems there. I got cats with mine and i get zero drone. sounds amazing, loud when you are on it but not too loud during normal driving. windows up cruising at 80 mph and the cabin is nice and quiet. love it.
Nino8309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:42 AM   #11
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
why would you go 1 3/4"? too small for the motor and way to small for forced induction. ARH is the best. Made in USA with US stainless steel.
mine are swain tech ceramic coated. the only true ceramic coating.

listen to these on a real stereo system

real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote