Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-22-2019, 09:11 PM   #15
JonD

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
ARH Full System is a dime piece
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:17 PM   #16
ugxvibe
GM Transmission Tech

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithDanger View Post
I have the V6 and im doing the flowmaster. If money wasnt an option I would have probably gone for Borla. But Im having this installed with black tips for all under $400 so I dont even care.
I almost went polished with the tips but went for the black, especially on my Summit White baby.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2019, 09:21 PM   #17
bignaz

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
I recommend finding people in your area with different exhaust and listen to them in person. Clips on YouTube and in person sound way different. And people will always tell you that the system they have sounds the best and it's the most amazing thing ever because they have it.

I would avoid the dealership for installing it. That install will cost you if they will even do it. Some dealships around me won't touch parts you bring in and will only install parts they order. Good exhaust shop will be your best bet. They will get you in and out pretty fast. Just make sure they are a good shop read the reviews and that they know how to weld stainless steel if you need anything welded. Most won't use stainless wire. I mean the steel wire will work but it's going to rust. But if they don't know what they are doing they can blow holes in the pipes. But if you get an axel back kit you won't need to worry about that.

Just listen to the stuff in person. Some people like the lower rumble others like the high pitch with pops.

Also consider drone. I have had some systems that after 20 mins on the highway you will hate life there's so much drone. Lots of options. Lots of different sounds. Take your time and get something you really like. I'm sure any member close to you will be more then happy to let you hear there system or take you for a ride to check and see how that sounds at highway speeds.

You can always be a Borla bro tho. And every thread just talk about Borla axelbacks and tow hooks.

Last edited by bignaz; 05-23-2019 at 02:58 PM.
bignaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:38 AM   #18
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
I have the mbrp race catback. Wow, its amazing. Not for everyone due to how loud some think it is but wow, worth it. They go on sale often. People like the borla as well, maybe a little more tame. Corsa too raspy
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #19
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignaz View Post
I recamend
You what?
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:04 PM   #20
Wvdirtroads

Drives: Silverado
Corsa extreme + catback. Spend the extra money and do a full catback. No rasp or drone. Car is quiet when you want to be quiet and ungodly loud when you want to be loud.
Wvdirtroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #21
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
I had the Borla s-type on my 2011 SS
The CORSA extreme on my 2017 SS definitely sounds better
Old 08-10-2019, 01:18 PM   #22
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
One comment on drone. I installed a mangnaflow axle back on my vert and there is some drone at cruise on highway 1500-2000 rpm.
Not terrible. Not perfect.
So I pulled back the trunk carpet and there is nothing under it.
I added dynamat on the entire floor section and it cut out 75pct of the drone.
Really made the car a lot quieter especially with top up.
I was using left overs from another project so ordered more and will do the rest of the trunk. I think that will solve pretty much any drone issue.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote