Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-16-2019, 08:00 PM   #29
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Ah, and powder coating was done through the original vendor, so I assumed it was done properly. . .
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:01 AM   #30
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Why I happily bought a 2nd set of wheels for my All Seasons. The vast majority of shops out here are FAR more accustomed to standard cars or pickup trucks than ANY performance or higher end sports cars. Half as many opportunities to screw up my wheels.

I will always recall helping out a guy 20+ years ago who cut a tire on a Porsche 930 on the Interstate. Drove him to town and took us three or four shops before we found the 50 series rear he needed. The Goodyear store had it. Car had beautiful alloys and they managed to gouge deep indents into the inside of the rim by the SPIKES the tire changer drives into the rim, to secure it. Then scraped most of the finish off the outside rim of the wheel. And the trie changer kid didn't understand the issue!

I have a new C8 Corvette ordered. I'm already trying to figure out WHERE to take it for a front end wrap whee I can find a Pro who will do a good job. The curse of rural America.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:11 PM   #31
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
So the update on my status is presumptively positive:
1. Tire Instaler (Firestone Total Care) has assumed responsibility (in writing) and will reimburse for the replacement of the rim and powdercoating; (will update when this actually happens)
2. Rim manufacturer (MRR) has backed their product and provided a replacement for the cracked rim, and shipped both to the powder coater. Thanks to Carlos and Adam @MRR Wheels for providing excellent customer service and backing their product.

Looking forward to flogging the new rubber without hesitation sometime next week. . .
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:48 PM   #32
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
Why I happily bought a 2nd set of wheels for my All Seasons. The vast majority of shops out here are FAR more accustomed to standard cars or pickup trucks than ANY performance or higher end sports cars. Half as many opportunities to screw up my wheels.

I will always recall helping out a guy 20+ years ago who cut a tire on a Porsche 930 on the Interstate. Drove him to town and took us three or four shops before we found the 50 series rear he needed. The Goodyear store had it. Car had beautiful alloys and they managed to gouge deep indents into the inside of the rim by the SPIKES the tire changer drives into the rim, to secure it. Then scraped most of the finish off the outside rim of the wheel. And the trie changer kid didn't understand the issue!

I have a new C8 Corvette ordered. I'm already trying to figure out WHERE to take it for a front end wrap whee I can find a Pro who will do a good job. The curse of rural America.
Hey Frank congrats on the C8 corvette/ just in case you did not know we already started to take on pre orders for the Flow forged M755 /first round are factory specs 19x8.5/20x11
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:25 PM   #33
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
Carlos is the man. Bought 3 sets of MRR's for two different cars and am happy with all of them.

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote