Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-28-2019, 07:57 AM   #1
Nummeister

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Cam install

Hello everyone. I have a 19 SS 1LE (M6). I want to do a cam install. I live in Atlanta,GA area. Anyone know of a reputable shop in my area. And what’s the average cost for a cam kit, install, and tune (Dyno/Street)? I’ve called around numerous shop and prices was all over the place. I know I’ll pay more for a better work/shop. “You get what you pay for” I totally understand. I don’t want to get “ripped off” at the same time. I’m ready to go forward with my build but I’m stuck to who I should bring it to in my area without having to feel like I’m getting taken advantage off and still perform good work. I’m new to the camaro scene, if anyone can help and advise I greatly appreciated!
Nummeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:48 AM   #2
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Any competent shop can handle the cam install, selecting a tuner is where you have to be careful. If you're up for remote tuning, I cannot give too many positive accolades to Ted Janetty. Ted has done all of my tuning, the process is very fun and educational.
I am certain that vengeance racing can take care of you. I have also heard good things about LSExperts in Ballground.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:05 PM   #3
Nummeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
Any competent shop can handle the cam install, selecting a tuner is where you have to be careful. If you're up for remote tuning, I cannot give too many positive accolades to Ted Janetty. Ted has done all of my tuning, the process is very fun and educational.
I am certain that vengeance racing can take care of you. I have also heard good things about LSExperts in Ballground.
Thanks for the info. You mind me asking what shop you took yours to? Or perhaps you do your own work?
Old 07-28-2019, 08:27 PM   #4
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
I do all my own work with the exception of tuning. I'd like to learn to tune one of these days. maybe in a year or so when I retire!
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:32 PM   #5
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Vengeance Racing
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:02 PM   #6
Nummeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Vengeance Racing
It looks like they may be the one I take my car to. Have you had your vehicle worked on there? If so, what work have they done to your vehicle?
Old 07-29-2019, 08:45 PM   #7
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nummeister View Post
It looks like they may be the one I take my car to. Have you had your vehicle worked on there? If so, what work have they done to your vehicle?
No, but they have a very good reputation. They've worked with Speed Society on some awesome builds. There's a badass 1LE for sale on the forum that was built by them.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:05 AM   #8
Nummeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
No, but they have a very good reputation. They've worked with Speed Society on some awesome builds. There's a badass 1LE for sale on the forum that was built by them.
What about Fast Lane Performance? Any good?
Old 07-31-2019, 07:39 AM   #9
Nummeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
I do all my own work with the exception of tuning. I'd like to learn to tune one of these days. maybe in a year or so when I retire!
That’s awesome you do your own work. Def. feel more accomplished afterwards!
Old 07-31-2019, 09:20 AM   #10
thebanks06

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
What about Fast Lane Performance? Any good?
Their installation is fine, their tuning its sub par. I would probably invest in hptuners and reach out to Pray for the tune.
thebanks06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:48 PM   #11
Vrodviddy

Drives: 2018 Camaro ss
Quote:
Hello everyone. I have a 19 SS 1LE (M6). I want to do a cam install. I live in Atlanta,GA area. Anyone know of a reputable shop in my area. And what’s the average cost for a cam kit, install, and tune (Dyno/Street)? I’ve called around numerous shop and prices was all over the place. I know I’ll pay more for a better work/shop. “You get what you pay for” I totally understand. I don’t want to get “ripped off” at the same time. I’m ready to go forward with my build but I’m stuck to who I should bring it to in my area without having to feel like I’m getting taken advantage off and still perform good work. I’m new to the camaro scene, if anyone can help and advise I greatly appreciated!
Vengeance in cumming ga. Cant go wrong. There 4000$ but includes everything and your tune. I did mine my self though, so 400$ for hp tuner kit and a base map file to get me running. But I am saving up for holley high ram intake manifold and few other goodies before going to get the custom tune which i have a year to do before the credits expire and will only be 400$ more instead of the full 800$. Also, get e85 conversion while your at it. 240$ ish dollers for 40 hp gain is best hp gain for the money you can get.
Vrodviddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:55 PM   #12
Vrodviddy

Drives: 2018 Camaro ss
Quote:
That’s awesome you do your own work. Def. feel more accomplished afterwards!
Ya, you do, but with work and kids.. ugh took me forever. like 2 months to finish it all in my spare time. its a ton of work. And if you mess up its on you and no warrentee.. lol. But you learn alot about these new lt1's. Looking back though wasn't to bad, just very time consuming. Half way through, i was like.. just should of paid the 4 grand. lol. but with the money i saved upgraded the headers, heads and borla exhaust, plus cool air intake system.
Vrodviddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:37 AM   #13
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I would not trust the cam install or tuning to anyone that wasnt a GM performance shop with a dyno that didnt have a eddy brake. If they dont work and new Camaros and Vettes they will be learning on your car and you car is not like the old cars.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #14
Nummeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrodviddy View Post
Vengeance in cumming ga. Cant go wrong. There 4000$ but includes everything and your tune. I did mine my self though, so 400$ for hp tuner kit and a base map file to get me running. But I am saving up for holley high ram intake manifold and few other goodies before going to get the custom tune which i have a year to do before the credits expire and will only be 400$ more instead of the full 800$. Also, get e85 conversion while your at it. 240$ ish dollers for 40 hp gain is best hp gain for the money you can get.
Thank you for chiming in. Ive called Vengeance and they quoted $5800 for cam, install and tune. I would be really excited if it was $4000. The Holley would be really nice! I have the MSD myself. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the difference between the Holley and MSD?