Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-17-2016, 06:53 PM   #1
redcamaro89

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS - Red Hot
Fix Rattle/Squeaks from Center Console Area

So over the last 2 days I have developed an awful rattle/squeak from the middle of the car. With the help of a friend, I was able to track it down to the center console area. Upon further inspection, I realized it was most likely under the car since the DriveShaft tunnel is so high in the car.

I got the car lifted up using a jack and crawled under. I started moving anything I could to find the source. Almost instantly I found what I assume is a gas line rubbing the heat shield. The heat shield was also rubbing on the car. I grabbed a small pry bar and finessed the shield and line away from each other. I gave it a quick test drive around the block and all is well with the world now.

Just wanted to post up so any new buyers that hear similar noises, think to look under the car before pulling the dash/console apart. I've attached a picture of the hose. I had limited room under the car so it's a pretty close picture. Mine was on the passenger side/middle of the trans tunnel.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Thanks for sharing.
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote