Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-13-2019, 06:15 AM   #1
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
For those with alignment issues

I am having major trouble with my rear end getting twitchy under full throttle. It feels like the car is breaking traction, but I don't think that's the case. I know I saw something about alignment issues in a thread a while back. Some mentioned a 4 wheel alignment solved the issue, others said tires.

I was just curious if anyone else has found that to solve the problem, or perhaps there's something else I need to look at? I bought the car slightly used, so I'm not sure if something else may be going on, but the front drivers side wheel seems a little off as well, and the car sometimes likes to jitter to one side real quickly, almost as if you've made a sudden, very slight jerk of the wheel to one side.

Sorry, this should be in the ZL1 section, but I cannot move or delete it from here.

Last edited by Artryan; 10-13-2019 at 06:27 AM. Reason: wrong section
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:40 AM   #2
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Yep, there was a long thread on this...Tires, Tire Pressure, alignment, suspension parts flexing, ELSD... all were mentioned as possible causes. Some say what you’re feeling is normal. I asked the same question (generally speaking) in the convertible section ( no ELSD) with minimal response. It’s an odd sensation with the ass end feeling like it’s floating (almost like hydroplaning) and a pull of the steering wheel. I’m going to try tire pressure today, 32 front 30 back. If that doesn’t work, I’ll have the alignment checked / adjusted. I’m also buying some new wheels and tires next year, so maybe that will help.

Just to add to the above, and in reference to you’re last paragraph... That may be tram-lining your talking about. Which is typical for wide high performance tires to do.( follow a rut and pull the car)

Last edited by Chutzpah; 10-13-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:19 AM   #3
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
Yes get an alignment. Mine was doing that at 1 point and I thought it was because tires being cold or wearing down. I got new rears same thing, so I finally got alignment and she was back to being solid when I hit the gas at speed.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #4
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
There are several guys on the ZL1 forum that said going to the solid rear cradle bushings or the cradle lockout kit helped with this as well. Might be worth looking into.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:45 AM   #5
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Read this post:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...ht=lockout+kit
Old 10-13-2019, 07:39 PM   #6
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Alignment was so bad that GM did it under warranty. Fixed my issues under full throttle.