Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-30-2021, 02:13 PM   #1
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Can the 1LT trim be tuned to allow track mode?

Since the 1le v6 has track mode I was wondering if the base trim could be tuned to unlock the track mode option?

Or will suspension upgrades be needed such as the full 1le package?

Last edited by Spudsmaro; 04-06-2021 at 09:21 PM.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:27 PM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Not something in the tune would have to be custom programmed into the computers.
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #3
LuvMyV6

Drives: 2017 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudsmaro View Post
Since the 1le v6 has track mode I was wondering if the base trim could be tuned to unlock the track mode option?

LT1?? Or 1LT?

The latest 2020 LT1 is a V8. It makes 455 HP.

I own a 1LT (trim pack) and it is the LGX V6 making 335 HP.
LuvMyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:20 PM   #4
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyV6 View Post
LT1?? Or 1LT?

The latest 2020 LT1 is a V8. It makes 455 HP.

I own a 1LT (trim pack) and it is the LGX V6 making 335 HP.
Ummm sir....This is the v6 section of the forums i dont think i would be speaking about the v8 at all.

typo in the title. but im sure you and all others know what i meant.

Fixed it for you smart guys tho.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:31 PM   #5
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Like mentioned above it doesn't exist on the non 1LE V6, so the only option would be to have the car tuned. Once my warranty runs out I'm probably getting a good custom tune.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:40 AM   #6
wilbur_xmas

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:

Track mode in the V6 1LE only gets you: Stiffer steering, linear throttle mapping (feels slower than sport on tip-in), and more aggressive NPP exhaust valve opening. There is no suspension adjustment based on modes for the V6 1LE since it uses the base SS suspension (FE3).

Do regular V6s have competitive mode (press traction/stability button twice)? If so, using that TCS mode along with the sport driving mode will get you most of what the 1LE would offer as far as what the computer controls.

If you are talking about adding parts to get as close to a 1LE as you can from a 1LT you would need: forged wheels, upgraded tires, differential cooler, trans cooler, upgraded larger radiator, upgraded fuel pump, front splitter, rear spoiler, matte hood cover, short shifter, alcantara shift knob, alcantara steering wheel, HUD with shift lights (2LT with lighting package or 3LT on later models), full FE3 suspension, NPP exhaust and probably some other items I'm forgetting.
wilbur_xmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:53 AM   #7
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_xmas View Post
If you are talking about adding parts to get as close to a 1LE as you can from a 1LT you would need: forged wheels, upgraded tires, differential cooler, trans cooler, upgraded larger radiator, upgraded fuel pump, front splitter, rear spoiler, matte hood cover, short shifter, alcantara shift knob, alcantara steering wheel, HUD with shift lights (2LT with lighting package or 3LT on later models), full FE3 suspension, NPP exhaust and probably some other items I'm forgetting.

upgraded tires, differential cooler, trans cooler, upgraded larger radiator, upgraded fuel pump, short shifter, full FE3 suspension, rear spoiler

Those are the only really necessary ones. Heck you could even cut it down to Short Shifter, Upgraded suspension and upgraded tires, then you'd have the majority of the difference.

If you really want a full track use car, getting an SS or a 1LE equipped car is probably cheaper than upgrading everything.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:19 PM   #8
wilbur_xmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
upgraded tires, differential cooler, trans cooler, upgraded larger radiator, upgraded fuel pump, short shifter, full FE3 suspension, rear spoiler

Those are the only really necessary ones. Heck you could even cut it down to Short Shifter, Upgraded suspension and upgraded tires, then you'd have the majority of the difference.

If you really want a full track use car, getting an SS or a 1LE equipped car is probably cheaper than upgrading everything.
Agree, the V6 1LE package was a bargain for what you get. I just wish they also included the brake cooling kit (deflectors and dust shield) that came with the SS cars since the front brakes are identical.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:39 PM   #9
Kairles

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green LS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_xmas View Post
Agree, the V6 1LE package was a bargain for what you get. I just wish they also included the brake cooling kit (deflectors and dust shield) that came with the SS cars since the front brakes are identical.
Only the non 1LE SS got the deflector kit. All the 1LE cars have brake cooling ducts in the bumper, so the bigger deflectors and not needed, supposedly. I have tracked my car at least 5 times a year and I've never had a brake issue.
Kairles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:19 PM   #10
wilbur_xmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairles View Post
Only the non 1LE SS got the deflector kit. All the 1LE cars have brake cooling ducts in the bumper, so the bigger deflectors and not needed, supposedly. I have tracked my car at least 5 times a year and I've never had a brake issue.
I cooked my brakes on my third track day at THill West even with the deflectors installed, but I think it's from being a dummy and leaving the nannies on and leaning on them too much. I didn't have a soft pedal so fluid was ok (was only using ATE 200), but started getting fade and vibration pretty badly and the front and rear rotors were scored. After teardown the rears were worse than the fronts which makes sense if I was leaning on the nannies. Full set of pads and rotors was an expensive mistake I hopefully won't repeat.

All that to say, not sure the larger deflectors are required, but they certainly can't hurt and are cheap and easy to take on and off if you are already swapping rims/tires for track days.

You going to Laguna Seca this weekend? Thanks to your youtube video I made sure to schedule on a 105db weekend so I don't get black flagged!
Old 04-08-2021, 09:56 PM   #11
LuvMyV6

Drives: 2017 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Ummm sir....This is the v6 section of the forums i dont think i would be speaking about the v8 at all.

typo in the title. but im sure you and all others know what i meant.

Fixed it for you smart guys tho.
S'all good. I have my moments of dyslexia too.
LuvMyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:00 AM   #12
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
After years of waiting, I finally submitted my V6 1LE order monday night, just to find out all production stopped. Sucks...

Since 1lE's got kicked I thought about spec'ing out a V6 with as much bits from the 1le as possible. After a few combinations of key options I quickly realized it's expensive to match the 1le before dipping into V8 money. I did figure adding the 6piston brembo, HD cooling, RS pack, suede steering / shifter and front rear spoilers would give you the appearance and some performance, but nothing close to the 1LE. This combination of options is 33,300. Expensive for a V6 camaro....
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:49 AM   #13
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1ce View Post
After years of waiting, I finally submitted my V6 1LE order monday night, just to find out all production stopped. Sucks...

Since 1lE's got kicked I thought about spec'ing out a V6 with as much bits from the 1le as possible. After a few combinations of key options I quickly realized it's expensive to match the 1le before dipping into V8 money. I did figure adding the 6piston brembo, HD cooling, RS pack, suede steering / shifter and front rear spoilers would give you the appearance and some performance, but nothing close to the 1LE. This combination of options is 33,300. Expensive for a V6 camaro....

Ooh yea, that is solidly LT-1 territory and approaching 1SS territory.