Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-09-2020, 02:40 PM   #1
camaro_superslow

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
Dropping noise coming from the rear passenger area

For the past week, everytime I drive over a dip/bump while turning right I get a noise as if something might have dropped somewhere in rear end passenger side. I can even feel it too, like something drops. Sometimes the noise is more loud and has more of a slapping tone and sometimes it’s lower and has more of a thumping sound like maybe a heavy object just falls down in the trunk but I’ve emptied it and still get this noise. I’ve taken my car into Firestone to get the suspension and brakes looked at but everything appears to look good, I also checked out the components myself and I’m not finding anything cracked or broken but I still get this noise. Anyone know what can cause this or how to fix it?
camaro_superslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #2
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I'd suggest taking it to a dealer. My initial thought is something with the spring or damper or maybe a roll bar link coming loose, but noises like this are tough to diagnose over a forum. Dealers will also have a wider array of troubleshooting approaches they can use since the typically have parts on hand to swap stuff out and if they find something to fix it should all be covered by warranty assuming it hasn't already been voided by mods or mileage or something like that.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #3
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_superslow View Post
For the past week, everytime I drive over a dip/bump while turning right I get a noise as if something might have dropped somewhere in rear end passenger side. I can even feel it too, like something drops. Sometimes the noise is more loud and has more of a slapping tone and sometimes it’s lower and has more of a thumping sound like maybe a heavy object just falls down in the trunk but I’ve emptied it and still get this noise. I’ve taken my car into Firestone to get the suspension and brakes looked at but everything appears to look good, I also checked out the components myself and I’m not finding anything cracked or broken but I still get this noise. Anyone know what can cause this or how to fix it?
I'm having the same issue now in my 19 2SS with magride. I took the car in last Monday not yesterday. They have tightened everything up know the noise is there but can't pinpoint it. I called Chevy.com and they said if the dealer can't find it tell them to them to contact technical assistance so I'm waiting when they give me an update. I went by there yesterday and the attics manager said he'd put another tech in it to see if they can figure it out. Said one day the tech rode in the trunk to try and see where it's coming from. I don't know this is the second stealership that has looked at this the first one got frustrated and pretty much just sent me on my way knowing the noise was still there. IDK
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, problem, suspension