Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 08-13-2019, 04:08 PM   #1
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
BMR Sway Links (Boo BMR)

Hi All,

I've been on the fence about writing this review, but ultimately decided to err on the side of keeping my fellow drivers safe. I ordered the BMR sway bar end link kit for my 2018 Camaro SS through Juiced Motorsports a few months ago. As soon as they were installed (had a licensed mechanic do the install - sad I know), they were clacking/clicking in the rear links. Hard to describe, but it was NOT a bushing noise. After going to my mechanic and we couldn't diagnose it, I decided to let the noise be since it didn't seem to impact anything. However, I took the car to a HPDE track day a few days after this, and the car felt very loose. It was borderline out of control in the corners. I was driving the car pretty hard, and was sliding around some of the turns, so running close to the limit.

After that experience I called BMR and explained the noise and problem to them, and they said to try putting in a washer in the top bolt to see if it eliminated the noise. When I took the link off, I noticed a ton of play in the bolt to sleeve clearance. I compared it to stock, and it was a lot of play in comparison. I called BMR back to report this, and after looking into it with their R&D, they said the bolt it was designed for was not what was used in production! They still sold the links with the incorrectly spec'd bolt. This made sense based on what I was feeling at the track - the car felt like it was breaking loose all of a sudden on hard corners. When driving at the limit, that little bit of play was just enough to overcome the activation energy to exaggerate a slide. I recommended to BMR to recall or at least inform their customers, but they denied it could be the root of what I was experiencing. However, I have since changed ONLY the sway bar end links out, and the problem went away, so I can say definitively it was the problem.

BMR wouldn't directly return the item since I bought it from a retail site, which I understand. However, when I contacted Juiced Motorsports, they never returned my emails or calls. I am a little disappointed. I am not going to try to recoup my money by selling them because I do not feel they are a safe product. If anyone has any pull with Juiced, I'd appreciate help on this, but that wasn't the point of this review. It was more to keep my fellow track drivers safe and aware. I know BMR has a good reputation, and I use other parts of their line and am happy with them, so don't go running away from BMR, just be wary of these links until they fix the issue!

Stay safe!
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:36 PM   #2
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I ordered headers 5 weeks ago from juiced and haven't recieved them yet, and they hardly ever respond, they don't have the best customer service, imo. Your best bet is to message them on this forum, he sometimes responds, lol, cooperate never ever responds.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
rck329

Drives: 2016 1SS
Shawn, did your bolt look like this?

rck329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:02 PM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnqa800720 View Post
Hi All,

I've been on the fence about writing this review, but ultimately decided to err on the side of keeping my fellow drivers safe. I ordered the BMR sway bar end link kit for my 2018 Camaro SS through Juiced Motorsports a few months ago. As soon as they were installed (had a licensed mechanic do the install - sad I know), they were clacking/clicking in the rear links. Hard to describe, but it was NOT a bushing noise. After going to my mechanic and we couldn't diagnose it, I decided to let the noise be since it didn't seem to impact anything. However, I took the car to a HPDE track day a few days after this, and the car felt very loose. It was borderline out of control in the corners. I was driving the car pretty hard, and was sliding around some of the turns, so running close to the limit.

After that experience I called BMR and explained the noise and problem to them, and they said to try putting in a washer in the top bolt to see if it eliminated the noise. When I took the link off, I noticed a ton of play in the bolt to sleeve clearance. I compared it to stock, and it was a lot of play in comparison. I called BMR back to report this, and after looking into it with their R&D, they said the bolt it was designed for was not what was used in production! They still sold the links with the incorrectly spec'd bolt. This made sense based on what I was feeling at the track - the car felt like it was breaking loose all of a sudden on hard corners. When driving at the limit, that little bit of play was just enough to overcome the activation energy to exaggerate a slide. I recommended to BMR to recall or at least inform their customers, but they denied it could be the root of what I was experiencing. However, I have since changed ONLY the sway bar end links out, and the problem went away, so I can say definitively it was the problem.

BMR wouldn't directly return the item since I bought it from a retail site, which I understand. However, when I contacted Juiced Motorsports, they never returned my emails or calls. I am a little disappointed. I am not going to try to recoup my money by selling them because I do not feel they are a safe product. If anyone has any pull with Juiced, I'd appreciate help on this, but that wasn't the point of this review. It was more to keep my fellow track drivers safe and aware. I know BMR has a good reputation, and I use other parts of their line and am happy with them, so don't go running away from BMR, just be wary of these links until they fix the issue!

Stay safe!
Thanks for the heads up! Two thoughts:
  • If Juiced is an authorized retailer for BMR products, then BMR should have warrantied the hardware. Even exchange for the right stuff, no problem.
  • Juiced should be *MUCH* more responsive. If recent reviews from our membership is indicative of how they support their customers, then they should not be a vendor on this site IMO.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:09 AM   #5
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
They hardly responded to me, seemed like forever. But, once I made a post about it on thr general forum, they responded so fast, lol! So, I just got a refund. They did get to me eventually, just took a long time heh.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote