Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Exhaust weights

I've done muffler deletes on several vehicles over the years, and have never had any issues with having it done. I bought my SS new and by the 5th month I had already done one.

About 10k in mileage later, the car started having a shrieking sound at around 3k rpm. I complained about it to the dealer and they couldnt replicate it. When I finally got it replicated for them, they swapped the drive shaft thinking it was a bad part on it (there's apparently a known issue). The noise went away completely for about 5-6 months and has since reappeared.

They have torn my transmission apart to check inside and found a bad throw out bearing. However, none of this has resolved the noise itself. They apparently brought in an engineer to look at this last week.

Today they are telling me that the issue is because the muffler delete has taken all the weight off the hangers, and thus, it is causing it to make this noise. They wanted to charge me parts and labor for them putting on exhaust dampers and I told them to take it off.

Anyone ever experienced this issue or had this problem? I'm hearing a lot of BS right now with this dealership and I'm about ready to go off...