Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-16-2020, 10:49 AM   #1
SloCal

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Car pulling right under acceleration

Just picked up a 1le last night after having a regular SS before. Didn’t notice on test drive but driving on freeway under half to full throttle car will go right hard.

Fixed tire pressures and checked tread depth this morning and think it may because the right rear tire is new and 10/32 while left rear is 7-8/32 and is not new.

Looking for quick advice because I’m out of state and only have some miles left before I can unwind deal and their service dept is closed and I have to drive back to California today. (From Phoenix)

If anyone has experience with this please let me know. Saw ted janetty had experience this with his zl1 and it was tires but doesn’t make sense to me that car would pull towards side with higher tire profile on accel. But maybe something to do with electronic differential.

2nd 6th gen
SPL Toe Arms/Brembo HTC64t/Corsa NPP/Tremec MTF Fluid
SloCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:24 PM   #2
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
If your right rear is new and left is not, your right is slightly larger than the left. Which would mean it would want to turn left. (Race car logic). So probably not that. Maybe a loose control arm, allowing the rear alignment to change under acceleration?
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:03 AM   #3
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
I'm going with alignment. I had a similar issue, and folks here told me to check the alignment and I kept pushing back thinking it was something else because I just had an alignment. Turns out it wasn't a good alignment. Specifically the toe in the rear can really push the car. With the steam roller tires on these cars, a very small misalignment can mean a hard pull, especially under acceleration. There are a few other related threads on this if you search creatively.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563034
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:42 AM   #4
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
I second the alignment issue.

my wife's genesis track spec had terrible alignment when we got it (used), and the only way you could tell was it would damn near change lanes for you with hard accel on freeway.

turns out one side was almost 2 full degrees out of toe, the other was .5 out as well.

that car went from very dangerous feeling to on rails almost. It's a torsen limited slip, but the logic is still there.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:15 AM   #5
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
3rd the alignment and possibly the tire.

Mine would want to go sideways a little on rolling pulls even after I got new tires. I finally got an alignment and was straight as an arrow.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:50 AM   #6
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
Maybe a loose control arm, allowing the rear alignment to change under acceleration?
Yeah. This sounds like might be more serious than an alignment tweak. Loose part or severely worn ball joint, maybe.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:58 AM   #7
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Curious as to why only one of the rear tires is new. Slid into a curb and popped it perhaps? That would explain alignment issues.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:13 AM   #8
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
Both tires are new. One is slightly smaller then the other. Got the car with 27 miles on it. Car was aligned. I'll have to check it again..... Thanks guys
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:37 PM   #9
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
rear toe
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:14 PM   #10
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
While you're in for an alignment, describe your issue, and have them give everything a once over. Should reveal if there's another issue.
foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:29 PM   #11
SloCal

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Sorry for delay on the update here I didn't have notifications on for some reason.

I had this problem essentially 5 miles after taking delivery and driving off in my 1le purchased used in a different state. Needless to say I was freaking out a bit having just signed away old car etc. and service at this dealer was closed for next two days (presidents' day). Thank you for the help I appreciate it -- wish i would have seen it.

What I did to fix it for anyone that has this in the future:
Drove it back to Socal with it messed up. I went back to the dealer next morning (Gateway Chevrolet in Avondale Arizona so everyone knows) and they wouldn't help really and just said take it back to Cali and if it's super messed up have another dealership call us to work something out since I couldn't wait until their service re-opened. (Car is CPO)

Drove it back and could tell alignment wasn't great but though this was separate because it pulled hard right and not always linearly. I think it was a mix of alignment and tire height.

Went out and bought 4 new supercar 3 tires to just eliminate the variable. Tough to tell what it was because the alignment was so shit I drove it for a couple days with the Supercar 3 and had to hold the wheel left but it didn't really pull as much when doing pulls.

I took it to get an alignment and it's absolutely perfect now but was definitely a little weird. Knew i wanted the supercar 3s at some point but don't know what was going on with it before.

FYI: Dealer I bought it from (Gateway Chevrolet in Avondale AZ) has been absolute SH*t to work with post-purchase. Once my alignment guy explained to me how shit the alignment was (West End Alignment in Gardena - if you know the shop) and just how sketchy the setup was driving back to California I started calling them for some kind of fix on their end - be it compensation or something for new tires or alignment since car was CPO. (In addition to car being in worse shape when I arrived to purchase than described) They have essentially refused to return any of my calls and anyone I get through to gives me a one-liner about talking to their manager only to never hear from them again. Absolutely disgusting customer service post-purchase and I'm going to work to get the word out on that.

2nd 6th gen
SPL Toe Arms/Brembo HTC64t/Corsa NPP/Tremec MTF Fluid
SloCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:49 PM   #12
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloCal View Post
Sorry for delay on the update here I didn't have notifications on for some reason.

I had this problem essentially 5 miles after taking delivery and driving off in my 1le purchased used in a different state. Needless to say I was freaking out a bit having just signed away old car etc. and service at this dealer was closed for next two days (presidents' day). Thank you for the help I appreciate it -- wish i would have seen it.

What I did to fix it for anyone that has this in the future:
Drove it back to Socal with it messed up. I went back to the dealer next morning (Gateway Chevrolet in Avondale Arizona so everyone knows) and they wouldn't help really and just said take it back to Cali and if it's super messed up have another dealership call us to work something out since I couldn't wait until their service re-opened. (Car is CPO)

Drove it back and could tell alignment wasn't great but though this was separate because it pulled hard right and not always linearly. I think it was a mix of alignment and tire height.

Went out and bought 4 new supercar 3 tires to just eliminate the variable. Tough to tell what it was because the alignment was so shit I drove it for a couple days with the Supercar 3 and had to hold the wheel left but it didn't really pull as much when doing pulls.

I took it to get an alignment and it's absolutely perfect now but was definitely a little weird. Knew i wanted the supercar 3s at some point but don't know what was going on with it before.

FYI: Dealer I bought it from (Gateway Chevrolet in Avondale AZ) has been absolute SH*t to work with post-purchase. Once my alignment guy explained to me how shit the alignment was (West End Alignment in Gardena - if you know the shop) and just how sketchy the setup was driving back to California I started calling them for some kind of fix on their end - be it compensation or something for new tires or alignment since car was CPO. (In addition to car being in worse shape when I arrived to purchase than described) They have essentially refused to return any of my calls and anyone I get through to gives me a one-liner about talking to their manager only to never hear from them again. Absolutely disgusting customer service post-purchase and I'm going to work to get the word out on that.
Hey thanks for the follow up man
So I had someone that supposibly knows there shit with alignments do my car. I just got new tires it's still there.
I recall him saying you can't adjust rear toe on our cars. From what I search this isn't true. So going to go for an alignment somewhere else thanks for the info though it was falling in line with what I'm doing now lol
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote