Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #2437
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Just draw the man a diagram. We've all got MSPaint (or equivalent). That way he can't misunderstand.

Don't underestimate him...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:08 AM   #2438
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

Don't underestimate him...
I guess you could be correct, I personally don't know the man.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Why do all these threads turn so toxic?
People can take hobbies and interests WAY too serious. They attach their own egos to things. From cars, to sports teams, to things as petty as cell phones. So, an attack on "their" thing is seen as an attack on them personally.
But, yeah, well, that's just like, my opinion, man.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:29 AM   #2439
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
You need to go back to grade school or take a remedial math course or something. I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you. So I give up. You just don't get it.
Most of these guys are getting confused by the actual year versus the MY year, that's all it really is. They keep forgetting that the MY gets released in the year BEFORE the actual year.

MY 2017 is released in 2016, MY 2018 is released in 2017, and so forth...

When the GT500 is available for purchase, the ZL1 will have been out for 3.5 years and will be entering its fourth model year.

Hence, almost 4 years.... I can't explain it any dumber than that...
Old 06-21-2019, 11:33 AM   #2440
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Why do all these threads turn so toxic?
As with any competition, there are always morons at both ends of the spectrum. The ones who try to talk out their behinds with no actual clue or spend so much money that they just repeat the nonsense the vendor gave them. You got your keyboard warriors or bench racers.... and then there are mostly normal people after that...

Most of us fall in the middle.. where the more rational people are. We're competitive, we're generally interested in what the other people are doing, and we're generally going to talk a little trash but nothing super crazy.

Unfortunately, too many people have become used to being able to talk trash without any consequences.... essentially... more people need punched in the mouth...(literally or figuratively)..
Old 06-21-2019, 02:18 PM   #2441
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Here is some ZL1 vs Charger Hellcat action

rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:46 PM   #2442
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
That Hellcat is modded and it looks like the 6th Gen ZL1 was stock. The 5th Gen ZL1 was definitely modded tho. But they definitely do not take to mods like the Hellcats do. A 5th Gen ZL1 with LTs, tune, pulley, intake, and a tire probably could hang with a stock HC on DRs
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:02 PM   #2443
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
That Hellcat is modded and it looks like the 6th Gen ZL1 was stock. The 5th Gen ZL1 was definitely modded tho. But they definitely do not take to mods like the Hellcats do. A 5th Gen ZL1 with LTs, tune, pulley, intake, and a tire probably could hang with a stock HC on DRs
Definitely modded (slightly) on the Charger. They are faster than the Challengers stock for stock anyways...

The 5th gens were about 12.2-12.3 bone stock....they handled mods fantastically well, but it's going to need about 200hp more to handle a bone stock Hellcat.

Most of the 10 second 5th gen's were in the 700's...very few touched 10's under that number..
Old 06-21-2019, 05:03 PM   #2444
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Here is some ZL1 vs Charger Hellcat action

That is exactly my experience, getting run down by the bad Kittys. Stock to stock
Old 06-25-2019, 09:51 AM   #2445
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Well this is interesting. Is the present 6th Gen the last Camaro?

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557107
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:35 AM   #2446
Ethanolic
Banned

Drives: F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post

Maybe Jim Martin will shed some insight from an ex insider if the story makes sense.
Ethanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:01 AM   #2447
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanolic View Post
Maybe Jim Martin will shed some insight from an ex insider if the story makes sense.
All I can say without getting in trouble is that Camaro should be around beyond the current expected program cycle ending in 2021. To comment beyond that would be commenting beyond the GM Product Plan and I ought not be doing that. What platform it’s on after 2021 I cannot comment on and how long it will be on that platform neither I nor the folks at MC&T have any real knowledge of, since the GM plan for ALL vehicles is not baked that far out.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:33 PM   #2448
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
All I can say without getting in trouble is that Camaro should be around beyond the current expected program cycle ending in 2021. To comment beyond that would be commenting beyond the GM Product Plan and I ought not be doing that. What platform it’s on after 2021 I cannot comment on and how long it will be on that platform neither I nor the folks at MC&T have any real knowledge of, since the GM plan for ALL vehicles is not baked that far out.
Well we all know you can't come out and tell us GM's secret plans, but would you say that, without using any inside knowledge about GM's plans, is this story believable. In other words, it sounds like this story could be considered bogus because no GM employees (that were referenced as leakers) would have information like this, because the products (including the Camaro) are not planned out that far (as you stated above).
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:36 PM   #2449
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Well we all know you can't come out and tell us GM's secret plans, but would you say that, without using any inside knowledge about GM's plans, is this story believable. In other words, it sounds like this story could be considered bogus because no GM employees (that were referenced as leakers) would have information like this, because the products (including the Camaro) are not planned out that far (as you stated above).
The idea that Cam6 on Alpha is being extended (like Mustang on S550 being extended) is consistent with things I have seen. Other things in the article are speculation with no confirmation. That’s the best I can do today.

BTW - I will be a guest on Autoline After Hours on Thursday 3:00. Even though the plan was certainly not around discussing Camaro, I’d be stupid to think it won’t come up. If it does, that will pretty much be my response.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:19 PM   #2450
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The idea that Cam6 on Alpha is being extended (like Mustang on S550 being extended) is consistent with things I have seen. Other things in the article are speculation with no confirmation. That’s the best I can do today.

BTW - I will be a guest on Autoline After Hours on Thursday 3:00. Even though the plan was certainly not around discussing Camaro, I’d be stupid to think it won’t come up. If it does, that will pretty much be my response.
Thanks for the input, as always!

Send us a link to the show, I would love to watch.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote