Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-16-2017, 06:02 PM   #1
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Leather products

So I have a full garage of cleaning products and my own preferences to everything except leather cleaners, restorers or conditioner and protectants. I used to use Lexol. I just purchased a 2006 2500 hd Lt with full leather. I always buy cloth. What brand of professional long lasting products do you use?

Also looking for recommendations for aluminum polish and seal for some Eagle off road rims. For most of my chrome or stainless steel I use meguiars metal polish. I plan on buying one of the polish balls and polishing the rims with something.

I use 303 products on my interior any plastics and my whole motorcycle with great long lasting results. Anyone use their leather products?

Thank you for the ideas and recommendations!
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:07 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I posted this before, but I had the exact same question over the auto geek forms about two years ago. I wanted something that was like 303 but a little more Matte, so it just looks new and not shining or dull. Just new....The resounding answer after 6 pages was Poorboys natural look, I still use it today, cheap, all in one clean/ protect.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:14 PM   #3
drivingagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I posted this before, but I had the exact same question over the auto geek forms about two years ago. I wanted something that was like 303 but a little more Matte, so it just looks new and not shining or dull. Just new....The resounding answer after 6 pages was Poorboys natural look, I still use it today, cheap, all in one clean/ protect.
Thanks Glen that seems to be what I am looking for in a clean and protect. Would you say it may restore on older leather? Truck has low miles for a Diesel but like all chevrolet leather I have seen after 11 years not taken care of frequently gets the little cracks and and a little dry.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
It is a multi-surface product, that is used on plastic finished leather like we have in the Camaro. You're actually cleaning plastic, never get to the leather.

I would imagine if it's true leather without the plastic finish, an older car, you would need a 2-3 stage leather treatment kit.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:23 PM   #5
drivingagain

Quote:
It is a multi-surface product, that is used on plastic finished leather like we have in the Camaro. You're actually cleaning plastic, never get to the leather.

I would imagine if it's true leather without the plastic finish, an older car, you would need a 2-3 stage leather treatment kit.
Yeah not sure how much plastic is left on the leather. haha The front seat has the notorious tear with some foam missing. With the tall trucks people just slide in and out. Luckily I plan on adding new pads and leather to the driver's seat. The rest looks good enough to keep for a little while. I will get this to try as I like the non greasy matte finish you were talking about, plus it has uv protectant in it! Good call Glen. I normally read and research autogeek. Although this forums has some good people that love their car products like me.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:23 PM   #6
toro1966

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible 50th
I use Meguiar's Interior Detailer. It works great and I can find it at WalMart. Same thing - looks new and fresh - not glossy or wet at all.
toro1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #7
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I like Mother's VLR. I use it on shoes and boots also.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #8
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I like armorall gel leather cleaner, cheap and worka real well on leather, smells nice too. Have tried a nuch of leather cleaners and conditioera over the years, including some expensive ones, keep coming back to Armorall, isn't worth it to spend a lot of money.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:14 PM   #9
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
+1
Love this stuff highly recommend it.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:43 PM   #10
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by toro1966 View Post
I use Meguiar's Interior Detailer. It works great and I can find it at WalMart. Same thing - looks new and fresh - not glossy or wet at all.
I use A LOT of this on customers' vehicles. Leaves nothing behind and not much smell. Good product.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #11
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
Thanks Glen that seems to be what I am looking for in a clean and protect. Would you say it may restore on older leather? Truck has low miles for a Diesel but like all chevrolet leather I have seen after 11 years not taken care of frequently gets the little cracks and and a little dry.
I am a big fan of CarPro's PERL (Plastic, Engine, Rubber, Leather) because of it's multi surface use. Due to the Camaro's Plastic Coated leather mentioned above, this can technically coat both for protection. It can be dilluted which means a little will go a long way. Also great for tons of other areas of the car!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...7945383e93319f
timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote