Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-26-2016, 05:37 PM   #785
D2enigma

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
Then I used another tool and pried up on the very end (by the e-brake button). The tab down there is the biggest pain in the ass. I ended up breaking the tab a little but it doesn't matter, at least to me, because there are like 3 other large clips that really hold it in place.
I've been searching all day to find more tutorial on how to remove the bezel, but there isn't one in detail that I can find. There was a post by another on this forum which touches this area for changing shifter knob, but that doesn't really give tips on how to work around that clip (?) close to the e-brake button. Once I get some more info, I'm going to wrap it with carbon fiber since I don't really like to use plasti-dip on the interior part especially in the area where I would touch constantly. In my experience, plasti-dip attracts dirt way too easily.

Once I am done with that, I am going to find a way to wrap the instrumental bezel and the bottom part where the logo is on the steering wheel without having to take the whole steering wheel apart. If anyone has any info on this is I would greatly appreciate it.
Attached Images

D2enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #786
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Quote:
I did mine last night after seeing that photo. Below is a pic. I'm really digging it. I just used black plasti-dip.

Got to be honest, it wasn't fun to remove! LOL. I used a plastic pry tool on the right side, in line with the shift knob, got it up and out of the groove and then wedged it in there to keep it from snapping back in place. Then I used another tool and pried up on the very end (by the e-brake button). The tab down there is the biggest pain in the ass. I ended up breaking the tab a little but it doesn't matter, at least to me, because there are like 3 other large clips that really hold it in place. After that you just have to remove a torx screw from the shifter knob and the whole thing comes out. Last step is to pop the boot and knob free of the trim, it's kept in place with more plastic tabs that you just pry and push the boot trim out form. Kind of hard to explain but at that point you can see everything and it's easy to see what's holding the 2 pieces together. I also used blue painters tape at any point where i was prying, just to prevent marks. I've seen the method where you take out the entire console but I didn't want to deal will all that. I've also seen a video where they just pulled up on the boot and it released from the trim...that's total BS. There are a bunch of clips holding it in that make that almost impossible. Hope this helps. I'm looking forward to RPI or someone similar offering a complete colored interior kit. Until then, plasti-dip looks pretty cool to me. Lastly, don't be stupid and snap it all back together only to realize you forgot to put the torx screw back in. Had it perfect and then had to pull it back out again
That does sound like a pain. I used my knife, got the tab by the parking brake free, got a finger under there and then a couple quick tugs and it was out. Then knob screw and boot removal. Compared to some interiors I've had to strip, the Camaro is pretty easy.

4-5 coats of Plasti-dip and put it back together. Oh, also vacuumed and cleaned it all while it was apart.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:02 PM   #787
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2enigma View Post
but that doesn't really give tips on how to work around that clip (?) close to the e-brake button
After having the whole thing out, I'm still not sure how you can release that front tab without pulling out the entire console. I have some ideas I would try but I'm not about to pull it apart again just to try...LOL. Even if you were to get the trim up and out from the top part, closest to the air vents, the switches would block access to the very front tab. I'm sure someone smarter than me will figure it out eventually
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:35 PM   #788
Com69
Banned

Not my pics but they show it very well. This is the tab by the parking brake. To unclip it from the bezel you push it forward, in the direction of the arrow.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2016, 06:37 PM   #789
Com69
Banned

This is the corresponding part on the bezel.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2016, 06:47 PM   #790
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
Not my pics but they show it very well. This is the tab by the parking brake. To unclip it from the bezel you push it forward, in the direction of the arrow.
I tried forever a few weeks back to push in that tab. It's very hard plastic and doesn't really budge. I just couldn't get the bezel to release. Just too many things to manipulate in such a small area.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #791
Com69
Banned

Quote:
I tried forever a few weeks back to push in that tab. It's very hard plastic and doesn't really budge. I just couldn't get the bezel to release. Just too many things to manipulate in such a small area.
I take apart a lot of interiors in a ton of different cars, quite regularly, it's what we do. So don't be discouraged that it isn't easy, I'm just used to it. If you tweak that tab while at the same time apply upward pressure to the rear of the bezel, it'll pop up and off. You kinda gotta have a feel for it. Too much pressure and shit'll break, not enough and it won't pop loose.

That tab is actually pretty pliable compared to a lot of other manufacturers. Mercedes and Volvo suck, Fords make me wanna drink and Kia is just retarded. The more you do, the easier it is. Even if you break that tab, the other clips are plenty to hold it in.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:12 AM   #792
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grumpy View Post
So no rear lights markers at night? If they painted the tail lights black instead of applying normal black tint, they covered the rear light markers (red hockey sticks).
You mean these hockey sticks?

Lit up at night:

daytime:

Looks killer!!!

These pics can't even show how good these look!
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:33 AM   #793
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
Had new wheels put on today!

cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #794
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
Back to back posts! Today I took more pics of my new HREs, and did a baseline dyno. It has been a good morning!

cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:55 PM   #795
Mr. Grumpy
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
You mean these hockey sticks?
I stand corrected. They look nice.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #796
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grumpy View Post
I stand corrected. They look nice.
Thanks Mr G! I wish pics could show how great they look! $200 at a local shop. Maybe I can do better pics.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:47 PM   #797
meilmarc

Drives: 2016 2SS, HBM, NPP, Sun Roof
Dark tail lamps on,

meilmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:54 PM   #798
Com69
Banned

One day this week was a bit breezy and blew some sort of stringy, nasty tree droppings onto my car. It was there for maybe half an hour before I noticed and proceeded to clean it off. I don't know what's in that shit, but it started to eat into my clear all over my hood. It looked awful so today we took it off and gave it a good buff and polish.
Attached Images