Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 03-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #239
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
I kinda like it when people badge there car as something it's not... i point it out to them and laugh... kind of like when a person says they have an "RS" camaro... and not because they know they have the RS package, but because it says RS and they believe its a model.. cracks me up.

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #240
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally posted by SlingShot
For what it's worth, GM has made it very difficult to get parts without a VIN and proof of ownership. I don't know if it's due to a lack of extra parts, or a new policy in place.
If it is a policy decision, that is actually a bad thing because there will be very low demand for those parts and therefore not many will be produced. Then, due to the low production (by GM standards) of ZL1's, between 5 and 10 years after the last one has been made GM will stop supporting it because it becomes a money losing proposition for them. At that point finding ZL1 exclusive parts becomes harder and harder and more and more expensive to the point that owning the car becomes more aggravation than it is worth.

I have been down the orphaned car road enough times to know that anybody who wants to be able to enjoy driving their ZL1 twenty years from now should be rooting for GM to sell those parts to anybody and everybody who wants them. Either that or start hoarding now, while you can.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #241
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
GM = "General" Motors.... This is GM not Lamborghini or Ferrari. Get your head on straight and try not to be offended by other people's preferences.

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
Old 03-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #242
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
So I own a ZL1 and added some Hot Wheels eblems on it and I suddenly became a terrorist?

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

Old 03-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #243
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
GM please make high-end 6th Gen HARDER(ZL1, Z28, etc)for others to clone/copy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
So I own a ZL1 and added some Hot Wheels eblems on it and I suddenly became a terrorist?
Nope... Just immature for putting hot wheels emblems on a $60,000 car...

Old 03-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #244
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Yikes!!!!!!!! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right? Everybody on here who chooses to mod their car in whatever way has the choice of where and how to spend their money. Before the ZL1 came along V6 cars were getting V8 front ends. I have an early # Camaro and was a rockstar for the first year as there were only a handful around, now they are everywhere. People followed me, stopped for pictures, cops pulling me over to check it out, etc. I should be perturbed that everyone else had the same idea? That it was an amazing car and I wanted one? Imagine being a company who spends hundreds of thousands of dollars developing parts for these cars only to see cheap knockoffs of their parts start showing up from China at half the price. They have reason to complain.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #245
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
LOL this is thread of the year hands down.

OP, I sincerely hope you aren't older than 19 years old. Upset because other people have the same car parts as you?? LMAO. Oh man. I'm not sure what planet you live on buddy. You might wanna consider moving to a rural town in Africa or something so you can be truly be the only one with a ZL1.

I'm done.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #246
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN3WMN View Post
LOL this is thread of the year hands down.

OP, I sincerely hope you aren't older than 19 years old. Upset because other people have the same car parts as you?? LMAO. Oh man. I'm not sure what planet you live on buddy. You might wanna consider moving to a rural town in Africa or something so you can be truly be the only one with a ZL1.

I'm done.

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

Old 03-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #247
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
I can't believe this friggin thread is still going!!!! Bottom line....LET IT GO and do what tha heck you can afford to do with YOUR car and YOUR money! Opinions are like A$$holes, everyone will ALWAYS have one!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #248
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
From the looks of your original post, I didn't neglect anything you said. I just lit you up to give a real perspective from someone who understands why individual's would want to "clone" so to speak in your terms. Love how you chose to neglect all valid facts I made in my last post, yet call me out on things unrelated. Good job since this is your boo-hoo thread about people using your precious ZL1 parts on other model Camaro's and how much that negates the $57k you spent because you want to say look at me I've got a ZL1. That being said I think you have just given me the inspiration to go out and buy a 2013 ZL1. I'll drop this since you really are looking to have a one sided conversation of people feeling your pain and crying along with you, and I'm just being the voice of reason here. Take care bud, and enjoy your [sarcasm] 1 of 20,000,000 [/sarcasm] ZL1 even though 6 months from now you will obviously trade it for a C7 Stingray anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I kinda like it when people badge there car as something it's not... i point it out to them and laugh... kind of like when a person says they have an "RS" camaro... and not because they know they have the RS package, but because it says RS and they believe its a model.. cracks me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Nope... Just immature for putting hot wheels emblems on a $60,000 car...

Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #249
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Lol so many butthurt people in here. They mad lmao. Posers.

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
Old 03-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #250
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I agree with a lot of what Finally has to say. For a bunch of us we had to play the "Game" getting our cars. There was a 6-8 month ordeal to go through. With that said, yes is does kinda hit a nerve seeing someone buying the parts to throw on their car, just to be cool.

For what it's worth, GM has made it very difficult to get parts without a VIN and proof of ownership. I don't know if it's due to a lack of extra parts, or a new policy in place.
I guess you forgot about the "Game" those that bought early 2010 Camaros went through waiting over a year from the time they got on a waiting list just to be able to order. Then pains they went through with all the quality holds and parts shortages delaying many of those early cars. You make it seem like you were the first to make a sacrifice waiting for your car. Many 2010 SS and V6 buyers went through the same thing.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #251
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I guess you forgot about the "Game" those that bought early 2010 Camaros went through waiting over a year from the time they got on a waiting list just to be able to order. Then pains they went through with all the quality holds and parts shortages delaying many of those early cars. You make it seem like you were the first to make a sacrifice waiting for your car. Many 2010 SS and V6 buyers went through the same thing.
Trust me, I'm more that aware of those that had to play the "Game" for the 2010's. I still have one of two 2010's I had to do just that to get. I've ordered all three of my 5th Gens and had to play the waiting game.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #252
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Trust me, I'm more that aware of those that had to play the "Game" for the 2010's. I still have one of two 2010's I had to do just that to get. I've ordered all three of my 5th Gens and had to play the waiting game.
Just wondering because I just didn't understand that line of reasoning.
It makes more sense to argue the point that the ZL1 is more limited in numbers than the SS or V6's than to say because we had to wait so long we deserve more respect not to have our cars copied.
Anyway you can now buy ZL1s that the dealers have in stock so essentially there is no 6-8 month ordeal to go through. That argument is no longer valid.

Closed Thread