Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #1
tej

Drives: 2018 2ss Borla ATAK Cat Back
Custom tune to deactivate cylinders

I am curious to know is there any tuner out there who can do remote tuning installation since i live in Toronto and not many people do tunes for American cars mostly dominated by europian and the one who does are charging stupid expensive.
So tune i need if its possible.

Tour Mode & Snow/ice- tune to deactivate 4 cylinders for better fuel mileage with CAI airflow optimization.

Sports and Track- Tune 2 to optimize CAI and Kooks Headers(future upgrade) and full performance

Let me know what do you guys think.
tej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:31 PM   #2
tej

Update
Found this
https://www.diablosport.com/shop/mar...nt-module.html

Did anyone use this before?
Old 05-22-2018, 02:49 PM   #3
GP86

Drives: 2017 2SS
I had not seen the Marathon tuner before. I am in search of something very similar to what you're asking for. I simply want to manually engage the AFM so it comes on much more aggressively when I am just driving long distances on the freeway, or in stop and go traffic. I would settle for the 80% claim that the Marathon tuner calls for, but I am still skeptical of it. $200 is pretty steep for a very simple device.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:05 AM   #4
tej

I got a good deal from RDP for like around $170 which is not bad if it can give 2-3 mpg difference its a huge win for the long term.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:44 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tej View Post
I am curious to know is there any tuner out there who can do remote tuning installation since i live in Toronto and not many people do tunes for American cars mostly dominated by europian and the one who does are charging stupid expensive.
So tune i need if its possible.

Tour Mode & Snow/ice- tune to deactivate 4 cylinders for better fuel mileage with CAI airflow optimization.

Sports and Track- Tune 2 to optimize CAI and Kooks Headers(future upgrade) and full performance

Let me know what do you guys think.
I would not expect to see any gains in fuel economy GM has taken care of that for you already, they don't leave anything on the table due to the pressure from the EPA.

Custom tuning is for Performance and to accommodate aftermarket parts you add for more performance, oftentimes MPG will stay the same or slightly less.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:14 AM   #6
tej

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I would not expect to see any gains in fuel economy GM has taken care of that for you already, they don't leave anything on the table due to the pressure from the EPA.

Custom tuning is for Performance and to accommodate aftermarket parts you add for more performance, oftentimes MPG will stay the same or slightly less.

Ted.
Thank you for explaining.