Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #29
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
With a wide band you should be able to log that on the street.

Tail pipe sensors are in accurate and there is a time delay so don't rely on them.

Put a AEM X series wide band O2 sensor in your head pipe before the cat.
I'll probably do that later on, but for now I just want to get an indication that things are in the ballpark. May even add an EGT port on the other side. I was always amazed at the EGTs on my Audi TT.

I do think having access to the FSCM can help people squeeze a little more out of both pumps. I would rather push the LPFP up 10 psi instead of adding a BAP.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #30
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
I'll probably do that later on, but for now I just want to get an indication that things are in the ballpark. May even add an EGT port on the other side. I was always amazed at the EGTs on my Audi TT.

I do think having access to the FSCM can help people squeeze a little more out of both pumps. I would rather push the LPFP up 10 psi instead of adding a BAP.
The JMS BAP is nothing but a positive as system voltage varies throughout the day, your system voltage can be 12-14.5 volts depending on state of charge on the battery.

The BAP sends a constant 14.5 volts to the FSCM then when you go in to boost bumps that to 17.5 volts, voltage in voltage out is better all the time.

We have seen major improvements in fuel pressure and consistency with the JMS then combine that with FSCM tuning and you have a winner.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:21 PM   #31
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Great job Ed.. have you done anything to the fuel system? You know I'm gonna have to do this for the wife now!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:12 PM   #32
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Ed...way to go. You are making sure I don’t leave Edlebrock off any list going forward, huh?

I am pumped to work with Ted on my tune too. But hell, you are putting down so much power, I think I am adding the cam and pistons now... way to go sir!

Ted,
Thanks for such great contributions.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:26 PM   #33
Daves1SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Such great info in this thread! Ed, I would do more to my car and push it further, but at this stage in my life with tight finances, a crazy busy schedule, and this being my only car, I’m leaving mine just as-is. It’s a great DD that can whip 95% of what I run into on the street down here anyway lol.

Nice to see you trying new things with yours. I have thoroughly enjoyed following this thread! And Ted, agreed, you are such an awesome contributor to this forum.

Previous:
'12 Mustang GT 6MT (12.47 @ 115.88)
'09 G8 GT (11.86 @ 120.47)
'05 GTO 6MT (slow, lol)
'01 Grand Prix GTP converted to turbo, high 11's
Daves1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:29 PM   #34
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Thanks guys for all the kind words. Even the tuners at Kaizenspeed were surprised how well these mods worked out. Maybe $650 in parts, and with some hand work on my part, I was able to pick up the 100 rwhp/100 ft. lbs. Gotta love it!

I'll be putting up a post on maximizing the LT1 HPFP/ZL1 in-tank combo as soon as I get to the dyno this Friday and confirm everything is good to go. But right now I've done no less than 10 full pulls with the tuning mods and everything is stable with still a little headroom left. Ted is my devil's advocate on the fueling and is driving me to check everything twice.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:21 AM   #35
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Thanks guys for all the kind words. Even the tuners at Kaizenspeed were surprised how well these mods worked out. Maybe $650 in parts, and with some hand work on my part, I was able to pick up the 100 rwhp/100 ft. lbs. Gotta love it!

I'll be putting up a post on maximizing the LT1 HPFP/ZL1 in-tank combo as soon as I get to the dyno this Friday and confirm everything is good to go. But right now I've done no less than 10 full pulls with the tuning mods and everything is stable with still a little headroom left. Ted is my devil's advocate on the fueling and is driving me to check everything twice.
Can never be too careful with fuel supply
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:27 AM   #36
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Ed... You ever deal with a P0099 with the eforce IAT 2 Sensor? Getting this code says it could be the wire harness to sensor or it could be the sensor it self.. Is this one in the blower or fender well? also can you get to it without taking the bloweroff.. I thinking of relocating it like you did since Ill be replacing it or looking at the harness. you still have my number maybe you could give me some pointers.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 06-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #37
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
I will tell you that Edelbrock's SOI base table is very different than the stock table. Edelbrock extends out to 389 verses 335 for the stock table.
Anytime you modify the breathing of a DI based motor this table should be corrected. (yes, even with an intake manifold swap)

However, you would need to be on a dyno to do it correctly.

This table isn't going to help your fuel delivered quantity much. However, will create power by giving the car its best ability to properly fill and combust inside the chamber.

On a dyno its fun to play with this table to achive maximum tq through the revrange.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #38
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
Viva the thread! Somehow missed this one.

Ed, nice work on relocating the TMAP and picking up 100HP! Wow!

Whatever happened on the dyno after you made the fuel tweaks?
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:46 AM   #39
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
bumping this back up in hopes ED put a LT4 fuel system in the car.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #40
jCastr25

Drives: Chevy camaro
I recently purchased a 16 camaro ss with a e force installed, i would like to know where did you purchased the pulley.
jCastr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:45 PM   #41
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Which pulley?

Old 12-25-2019, 01:51 PM   #42
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
bumping this back up in hopes ED put a LT4 fuel system in the car.
I put the lt4 fuel parts from my zl1 into the wifes SS.. went from about 575 to 615 hp TQ is now 666..

Probably where we will leave it until we get some pistons..

Need to get this installed in the trunk..
Attached Images