Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-19-2018, 12:11 AM   #2087
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby109 View Post
100%
If you look at the Bumblebee movie car the cheeks are there, but the body/splitter on the bottom that comes up from the (1st?) splitter to meet them, and it just completes the look a lot better.
That thing is hideous too, but it does proves that it would look better if those things connected at the bottom.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:14 AM   #2088
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Yep and thats why i find it interesting that a 1LE mule has the grille painted body color just below the fangs. Plus some other detail below tbe grille.

What weve been seeing may not be the final product. Time will tell...
I'm thinking that the painted grill was just some camouflaging to fool onlookers from afar. Then again, there is a pic of a new Silverado High Country that looks to have some orange painted grille parts. Maybe a new trend GM is trying.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:37 AM   #2089
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
The dodge executes the look better imo. It's those darn cheek flaps on the Camaro that ruins it for me. If they were connected at the bottom, it would look better.

I agree. The Charger look is much better because it's missing the fangs. Same goes for the new Accord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Does that make the design nice?
LT3 and 500hp wouldn't make the design better, but it would make us overlook the design. I much prefer the looks of the Mustang, but I bought the 1LE because of performance.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:46 AM   #2090
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Did you forget that they already make a 650hp version that looks a 1000x better than what they came up with in this 2019 SS?

Why would a 500hp LT whatever make a difference in its looks anyhow?
ummmmmmm no. Did you forget that it's at a $20,000 premium?

Just suggesting if they had done something significant for performance and a change that "topped" the Mustang in some way, which 500 HP would, the conversation would likely be different. All we have to talk about is a front and rear fascia change, tail lamps and the ISRVM camera. And that's alllllll this thread is about. Wait, no one is talking about the ISRVM.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #2091
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
I'm thinking that the painted grill was just some camouflaging to fool onlookers from afar. Then again, there is a pic of a new Silverado High Country that looks to have some orange painted grille parts. Maybe a new trend GM is trying.
Agree: it could be nothing. Or it could be 1le look only. Hard to say not knowing the timing factor here.
Presumably since 2019 orders start early next month we will know whats final shortly...
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:02 AM   #2092
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Agree: it could be nothing. Or it could be 1le look only. Hard to say not knowing the timing factor here.
Presumably since 2019 orders start early next month we will know whats final shortly...
I hope so!

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #2093
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
ummmmmmm no. Did you forget that it's at a $20,000 premium?

Just suggesting if they had done something significant for performance and a change that "topped" the Mustang in some way, which 500 HP would, the conversation would likely be different. All we have to talk about is a front and rear fascia change, tail lamps and the ISRVM camera. And that's alllllll this thread is about. Wait, no one is talking about the ISRVM.
Yep, and its worth the premium to have the looks with the performance. I dont care if the 19 was 1500HP, beat every car on the planet and cost what it does now. I can't enjoy a car that looks bad no matter how it performs. Im sure there are those that would. Im not one of them when there are cars out there that have the looks with performance.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #2094
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Yep, and its worth the premium to have the looks with the performance. I dont care if the 19 was 1500HP, beat every car on the planet and cost what it does now. I can't enjoy a car that looks bad no matter how it performs. Im sure there are those that would. Im not one of them when there are cars out there that have the looks with performance.

Must be good looking first and foremost, everything else is frosting on the cake.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #2095
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
100% agree with both of you. I see a lot of fugly fart cans on the streets, they wake you up from a mile away but still can’t look at them. Looks matters on cars regardless
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:58 PM   #2096
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Disagree. The new rear is busy and looks like an afterthought especially with those googly eye lights. Look at my signature, now that is much nicer. All they had to do was remove the current version's bumper swoops.
I've seen plenty of 6th gen Camaros in person to know the rear is a lazy attempt at best. It just isn't very good. Taking a picture of part of it from an extreme angle doesn't change reality. Maybe I won't like the 19 rear in person and they are keeping the SS spoiler which is awful, but that doesn't make the pre refresh better.

Thing is, you've probably posted in this thread over 100 times telling everyone you don't like the 2019 and how much better yours is. I think you can move on.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:29 PM   #2097
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I've seen plenty of 6th gen Camaros in person to know the rear is a lazy attempt at best. It just isn't very good. Taking a picture of part of it from an extreme angle doesn't change reality. Maybe I won't like the 19 rear in person and they are keeping the SS spoiler which is awful, but that doesn't make the pre refresh better.

Thing is, you've probably posted in this thread over 100 times telling everyone you don't like the 2019 and how much better yours is. I think you can move on.

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:52 PM   #2098
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Just reporting in, that the refresh is not growing on me. In fact its doing the opposite. As more pictures come out, the SS just looks worse and worse.
The non-SS models actually look okay to me, kind of like a refreshed 5th-gen look. However the SS is just jaw droppingly ugly (to me).
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:47 AM   #2099
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
Just reporting in, that the refresh is not growing on me. In fact its doing the opposite. As more pictures come out, the SS just looks worse and worse.
The non-SS models actually look okay to me, kind of like a refreshed 5th-gen look. However the SS is just jaw droppingly ugly (to me).
Your right, it gets worse every time I look. Its not just you or me, I haven't read a single comment saying the 2019 SS front view is good looking and better than the car it replaces. The 2019 SS front grille and bumper cover is ugly along with the bowtie placement. All they had to do was make the center section body color and put the flowtie in the upper grille.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #2100
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Its not just you or me, I haven't read a single comment saying the 2019 SS front view is good looking and better than the car it replaces.
With respect....then you aren't reading all comments. There are some people who like it.

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!