Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-04-2018, 07:19 PM   #29
richm

Drives: 2016 Camaro Turbo4 RS Convertible
I would LOVE to see an Impala SS resurrected again on it's current platform.
richm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:34 PM   #30
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
chevelle or camaro

don't get me wrong, I love the Camaro. I own one. 2017 Turbo 4...runs great, love it...I was more of a chevelle, el camino, and monte carlo guy growing up though...But you know, challenger gets it right. the challenger seats 4 comfortably on that 116 inch wheelbase. And it looks like classic muscle...the Camaro seems to always want to be in competition with the mustang. Its almost like the mustang and Camaro are trying to "out do" each other. where the challenger "is what it is" take it or leave it...and it works for them...How can the montecarlo (2003) I owned and the new impala both sit on 110.7 inch wheelbases like the Camaro and sit four people comfortably and the Camaro can't...I don't have any visibility problems with the Camaro but a lot of people do. if dodge can get vin diesel for a commercial cant chevy get michelle Rodriquez or even jeff Gordon or dale Earnhardt for a 30 second commercial? cant chevy bring out a base V8 for $29,995?...why not bring back the chevelle, put it on a 112 or 113 inch wheelbase, seat 4 comfortably, base V8 for $29,995 and sell like crazy. I love the Camaro but the number one complaint I get where I live is that in the Camaro I cant take my parents and wife out to dinner in the car. I cant get 3 other friends in the Camaro and spend all day at the beach...that would better sell the car as well...unless they are making serious profit on the Camaro that we don't know about, there won't be a 7th generation....
rburke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #31
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
Chevy needs to start appealing to more people, I wish they had a light, quick, inexpensive two seater, Miata competitor (powered by the 4cyl turbo in the Camaro), scratch that, a Miata killer. They could easily do it, and think of how many in the tuner crowd would go crazy over something that out handles, and is faster by far than a Miata. GM also needs something to compete with the Jeep Wrangler, just something geared toward offroading without being crazy expensive.

I'm okay with the Camaro taking the place of the Corvette as the rwd V8 sports car while the 'vette goes on to green pastures and competes (and beats) much more pricey exotics.
I'd say they already have something akin to a Wrangler in the Z71 & ZR2 Colorado's. Certainly cheaper version with less content would be nice, but they're there.

I don't see a Miata competitor in the future. For sure it would be nice, i really liked the old Sky, but Chevy alone has two 2-door performance cars appealing to a limited niche market and priced from the mid/high $20k range to the $140k+ range. A 2.0T Camaro convertible is probably as close to a Miata as you'll get.

If they want to compete in new performance cars, their best bet would be to go after the hot hatch segment with the Cruze and Sonic. But with their current performance stable, I don't know if enough of a market exists to make even those additional models economical at this point.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:17 PM   #32
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Sure if sales and demand don’t improve the Camaro will see the chopping block. The Camaro will see a 7th gen as for an 8th gen who knows.

But GM needs to figure why this bad A$$ Car is not selling. We know price is one reason maybe the re-fresh will address some of the issues and get the Camaro back on track.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:17 PM   #33
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
The "future" market in the auto Industry doesn't change much quicker than 6-months to a year at a time. Current, low fuel prices and a beefier economy are driving sales of much larger, expensive vehicles right now...frankly, I'm surprised it's taken them this long to kill off a few compact models that have slumped.

GM couldn't adapt very well back then. They are adapting now...but they've always been good at prioritizing SUVs and trucks...the real test will be in the future, when fuel prices go up...will they be able to predict, and adapt back to smaller efficient cars, then?

There's also another factor...the 20-some odd EVs they are planning to bring to market in the next 4-5 years...These plans to discontinue some models could be in preparation of a replacement-sized EV? Only those inside would know...and they aren't talking...
...and my lips never moved.

Nothing more I need to add
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:39 PM   #34
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
I think a small amount of advertising on the capabilities of the camaro and its 11 second turn key ability would work wonders to the masses and its marketability .
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:50 PM   #35
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarstingray View Post
there is no 4 door car I would be interested from chevy, Cadillac v specs yes,

impala,cruze,malibu all junk to me, very bland
Guess you Never saw the chevy SS ?
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:51 PM   #36
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Sure if sales and demand don’t improve the Camaro will see the chopping block. The Camaro will see a 7th gen as for an 8th gen who knows.

But GM needs to figure why this bad A$$ Car is not selling. We know price is one reason maybe the re-fresh will address some of the issues and get the Camaro back on track.
The Camaro is not selling because its the least usable pony car on the market. The Dodge has much more space overall and the Mustang has better visibility and trunk space. GM chose to forgo a usable car for maintaining the styling.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:55 PM   #37
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post

It's not selling because the general masses dont want cars anymore. They want SUVs. SUVs outsell everything now and there are versions for everything from economy to super SUV performance. Even the strictly sports car brands have SUVs from Porsche to Lamborghini for goodness sake.

The gas crisis and emissions regs killed pony and muscle cars in the 70s, now its SUVs. Sad.

Also, my guess is that most Americans can't afford a part time pleasure vehicle, so they buy vehicles that are multifunctional. The truth is that the Camaro isn't great at grocery getting, driving in snow, hauling people, or stuff from home improvement stores. It is meant for hauling azz and looking good doing it. Sure, there are sports car buyers out there, but the majority of those folks probably have the funds to buy 911s, corvettes, etc. Its probably a very small group out of the big pool of consumers like me who can afford a Camaro as a part time non daily driver but can't afford one that costs more than a Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger. The other groups of Camaro buyers just really like Camaros or don't need family haulers or live in nice all year climates. Younger folks without families are good candidates, but these cars aren't exactly cheap and young folks may not be able to pony up the cash just yet, no pun intended... lol

From a business perspective, it doesn't make much sense except for brand image but GM has the Corvette for that.

Yes, there are rumors that the Mustang may not make it much longer either. It's even less of a business case for Ford because the Mustang doesn't share its platform with any other vehicle. GM and FCA at least have multiple vehicles that share the respective Camaro and Challenger platforms.

Just some thoughts.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #38
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post

Also, my guess is that most Americans can't afford a part time pleasure vehicle, so they buy vehicles that are multifunctional. The truth is that the Camaro isn't great at grocery getting, driving in snow, hauling people, or stuff from home improvement stores. It is meant for hauling azz and looking good doing it. Sure, there are sports car buyers out there, but the majority of those folks probably have the funds to buy 911s, corvettes, etc. Its probably a very small group out of the big pool of consumers like me who can afford a Camaro as a part time non daily driver but can't afford one that costs more than a Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger. The other groups of Camaro buyers just really like Camaros or don't need family haulers or live in nice all year climates. Younger folks without families are good candidates, but these cars aren't exactly cheap and young folks may not be able to pony up the cash just yet, no pun intended... lol
Speak for yourself, I'm planning on hitting up some miles this summer getting to the trailheads
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:29 PM   #39
Cameron27

Drives: 2015 2SS

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Cameron27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #40
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
The never brought the Impala back right. A more sportier and powerful “SS” should have been an option instead of giving us that “SS” sedan...
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:01 AM   #41
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The Camaro is not selling because its the least usable pony car on the market. The Dodge has much more space overall and the Mustang has better visibility and trunk space. GM chose to forgo a usable car for maintaining the styling.
But 5th Gen Camaro also had the worst visibility of the three and was outselling the competitors. People were hyped for 5th Gen Camaro through marketing (tell me anyone who not thought the Camaro was an awesome car after watching Hawaii Five O or Transformers), just like people are now hyped for the Challenger (it's like in every movie right now, also Demon) and the 2018 Mustang (0-60 in under 4s advertisements, Bullitt announcement, etc)

Car enthusiasts love the 6th Camaro for it's performance. But normal people, I get that they don't know why you should choose it over the other ones. If you are not into cars you really don't know what the Camaro is capable of since GM is doing nothing to tell you.

Ford is having more videos on social media about the 18 refresh than Chevy have for the whole 6th Gen since launch.
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:23 AM   #42
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
The biggest point you all ignore is the millennial generation is not interested in buying cars. 2017 saw a 12% decrease in the issuance of new drivers licences. The 17 to 30 crowd do not want insurance bills. gasoline bills, maintenance bills, or CAR PAYMENTS. Today the best app on your phone is the Uber App.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote