Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 04-20-2019, 08:52 AM   #71
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
Mid 13s with a tune all day long, I don't know what has been done to mine but its easily into the 13s. Get over it, the v6 cars are quick. Ya all make me chuckle at how stuffy ya are about how many cylinders ya all got bangin under the hood. Friend of mine has old v6 turbo GTA trans am that would put a beating on most v8 cars ever built.
All day? And don't we all have friends like that? Your advice in the thread with the ignition problem was the best so far. But reading thru it....Im not sure he is taking it. To really sove this mystery you need to get to the track.I asked you before....is there a throttle controller hooked up to it? I haven't done that but people that have say the throttle response improves greatly.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:55 AM   #72
STALKER

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE
After reading this thread I have learned one thing: The word "fast" is obviously relative to the driver..

If anyone thinks a 13 or 14 second car is "fast", regardless of the car, they should explore new possibilities. Just my $0.02
LSX Block, MAST 305 Black Labels, Exceldyne Valves, Diamond Pistons, Callies Crank & Rods, Cam Motion Cam, Johnson 2116LSR Lifters, Comp XDA Pushrods, Jesel Rockers, Mamo MSD, NW 102, Roto-Fab CAI, FAST 65# Injectors, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Kooks 2" Headers, Corsa Sport 3" Catback, Z28 Shifter, ZR1 Clutch, Katech LW Flywheel, 1LE 3.91 Diff, LPW Diff Cover, BMR - 1.4" Springs, LCA's, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Sway Bars, End Links, Diff Bushings, and Tunnel Brace, Z28/1LE Strut Tower Brace, Improved Racing Oil Cooler

2023 Camaro ZL1 / 1LE
Stock
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:58 AM   #73
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Go back and read the entire post.. take notice of the ? at the end of the quote. Then rethink your attempt at being funny and try again. You don't seem to understand the post.
Your Camaro Brother card needs revoked.
Ever wonder why C5 isn't as popular as it once was?
Hint, they can Fartbook and not get trolled.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:16 AM   #74
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Your Camaro Brother card needs revoked.
Ever wonder why C5 isn't as popular as it once was?
Hint, they can Fartbook and not get trolled.
Sorry I was just pming with another member that was asking for advice regarding exhaust for his car. He seems happy with how I helped him.....so what were you saying again?
Old 04-20-2019, 01:11 PM   #75
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
You showed up a little late. Read my posts. I haven't said nothing about my car. Stock vs stock l99 won't win by much? Its time you stop posting about racing. Stick to talking about your SS . The conversation is Trans am vs the ops car.
I think you missed the real point, you have a tendency to come off as a douche at times. If I'm not mistaking you were the first one with a negative comment towards the OP, which it typical of you.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #76
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
All I know is I've driven both the 3.6L Camaro, 3.7L Mustang (S197) and 370Z. The 370Z is about the only V6 n/a powered car that I'd say is pretty quick for what it is. The Mustangs have ran quicker times than even my old car, how do you think that makes me feel? Lol

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:12 PM   #77
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
After reading this thread I have learned one thing: The word "fast" is obviously relative to the driver..

If anyone thinks a 13 or 14 second car is "fast", regardless of the car, they should explore new possibilities. Just my $0.02
Cars can be fast 0-60 due to gearing and tires, but run out of horsepower at the top end of a quarter mile. They still feel fast when driven hard within the speed limit.

However, if life is a drag race then you need a 10 second car to be happy.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:14 PM   #78
STALKER

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Cars can be fast 0-60 due to gearing and tires, but run out of horsepower at the top end of a quarter mile. They still feel fast when driven hard within the speed limit.

However, if life is a drag race then you need a 10 second car to be happy.
Any car might "feel fast" as you say, to someone who has never experienced what fast really is. I assure you these cars, unless modded very heavily, are far from being fast in the scheme of things. Like I said in my last post, "fast" is relative. Some 16 year old kid that just got his license who is driving a 92 Honda Civic might think his car is fast, but is it?.. No, its just all he has experience with.
LSX Block, MAST 305 Black Labels, Exceldyne Valves, Diamond Pistons, Callies Crank & Rods, Cam Motion Cam, Johnson 2116LSR Lifters, Comp XDA Pushrods, Jesel Rockers, Mamo MSD, NW 102, Roto-Fab CAI, FAST 65# Injectors, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Kooks 2" Headers, Corsa Sport 3" Catback, Z28 Shifter, ZR1 Clutch, Katech LW Flywheel, 1LE 3.91 Diff, LPW Diff Cover, BMR - 1.4" Springs, LCA's, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Sway Bars, End Links, Diff Bushings, and Tunnel Brace, Z28/1LE Strut Tower Brace, Improved Racing Oil Cooler

2023 Camaro ZL1 / 1LE
Stock
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:36 PM   #79
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I think you missed the real point, you have a tendency to come off as a douche at times. If I'm not mistaking you were the first one with a negative comment towards the OP, which it typical of you.
Well your feelings are not a concern. My point and still is the v6 is a fine car but its not a mid 13 second car with a tune only. Your opinion.. like your comment doesn't offer any insight to the subject. You yourself posted that stock vs stock the V6 would give the V8 a good run at the track. That comment alone makes everything else you post on the subject irrelevant.
Old 04-20-2019, 03:48 PM   #80
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Any car might "feel fast" as you say, to someone who has never experienced what fast really is. I assure you these cars, unless modded very heavily, are far from being fast in the scheme of things. Like I said in my last post, "fast" is relative. Some 16 year old kid that just got his license who is driving a 92 Honda Civic might think his car is fast, but is it?.. No, its just all he has experience with.
True.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:33 PM   #81
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
How did this turn into a farting contest? O.o
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:02 PM   #82
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
There is no point to this thread, the people who posted good things........good for you. Those that posted negative things...good for you.

I personally have no idea what any of you think is quick nor do I care if my idea of quick is your idea of quick.

I only posted because I was happy for such a beautiful car that runs like this that I'm that special in some ones eyes that I may drive it temporarily, like all things in life.

I seen a homeless person walk out before me as I was leaving a store last week. I walked to my beautiful Black 2LT fully loaded quick as the devil car. Homeless walked to the side of the parking lot and sat down in the grass holding everything they own in a sack.

I really don't care if my car doesn't impress any of you............I'm happy!
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:53 AM   #83
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
You're talking feelings, but I'm talking physics.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:48 AM   #84
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I think this place would be a colossal bore if we all had the same opinion and turned it into a mutual, butt-kiss fest. My 0.02.