Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #43
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
While I understand what you are saying and am aware of the flat rate scheme, the underlying issue is that how many of those techs or service managers actually push until told "no"? And even then figure out a different approuch and try again? I have been in situations that my hands have been tied and have gotten the job done.

That is the difference between being a good tech and a great tech, customer service. Being good is having the skills and technical aptitude to get the job done, being great is having the aforementioned skills AND the wherewithall to think outside the box to get the job done when told no.

I think many times people just settle for good.

Cheers
K
I'm sure there are just good dealerships and then there are great dealerships as you put it. Most do everything they can to keep the clients happy..their survival depends on it! You would not believe the amount of money manufacturers tie to customer satisfaction numbers! Dealerships can gain or loose tens of thousands of dollars monthly based on these scores.

We think ouside the box everyday to get the job done, and I bet a lot more are pushing for the clients than you would think. I can tell you from personal experience about the only time I will absolutely not perform a repair in the interest of client satisfaction is when I know it is not a covered part or repair. If my warranty clerk says no...then the answer is no. No means the parts and labor for that repair will not be paid for by the manufacturer. So if you perform the repair anyway, your time is not paid for and someone will have to pay for the parts you installed....usually the dealership and/or the tech that installed them on a known non covered repair!

Just like all professions, there are bad apples. I do however, find it harder and harder to sit by and listen to all of the negative comments that seem to insist that all dealerships are stealerships, and all techs are incompetent and lazy.

If your unhappy with your current dealership, then by all means find another. But when several dealerships are telling multiple clients the same thing, be prepared to accept the fact that that dealership is just working within their boundries set up by the manufacturer itself.

I apologize to the op for getting of topic, just wanted to stop the dealership bashing.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #44
trixienurse

Drives: 2010 cyber grey metallic 2LT RS
I discovered this thread about 3 hrs too late!! The dealer replaced my 2 door speakers and amp. Needless to say I was 3 blocks away from the dealer and turned around cause I realized they put a Walgreens amp in my car!! The excuse was that the original amp pushes too much for the door speakers to handle and they are blowing. I demanded they put the original amp back in and all is well now! Let the dealer change your speakers but don't let them touch the amp!

trixienurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #45
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
No kidding...well, they won't be touching mine!

I'm thinking of replacing all the speakers with JL and getting a JL amp. Sh!t...I'm thinking about a lot of things...lol. But, $$$ says it ain't happnin right now!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #46
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Took my pos back in yesterday for the rear rattle and many other things, well of course Im told thats normal for the speakers to sound like that, WHAAAT, well if its normal why didn't it rattle for the first 3 months? The adviser told me it sounded like the speaker was hitting the rear plastic deck, and that "I" needed to take it apart and put double sided tape under it to hold it down, so sorry but first of all I'm not fixing crap on a new car, and second to tell me to tape parts down? WTF kinda rednecks is GM hiring?
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #47
Bernard

Drives: Silver 2LT RS CHEVY CAMARO 2010
Send a message via AIM to Bernard
my speaker blew or at least it sounds like it the left speaker has a loud vibration noise when i play the bass in some songs I just going to buy a higher quality comparable speaker to replace them it s only my left rear speaker
Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #48
mad@gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
my speaker blew or at least it sounds like it the left speaker has a loud vibration noise when i play the bass in some songs I just going to buy a higher quality comparable speaker to replace them it s only my left rear speaker
Its more than likely loose like all the rest, pop your trunk and hold the speaker while playing bass and see if the rattle goes away, if it does than your speaker is loose, good luck getting that fixed, GM wants to claim that thats normal.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #49
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
Its more than likely loose like all the rest, pop your trunk and hold the speaker while playing bass and see if the rattle goes away, if it does than your speaker is loose, good luck getting that fixed, GM wants to claim that thats normal.
That's what mine is doing....and the response I got.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:29 AM   #50
mad@gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
That's what mine is doing....and the response I got.
It's enough to drive you nuts hearing that its normal isn't it! I would of loved to hear the lesser sound system if that's normal for the upgraded stereo to sound so bad.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #51
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
Mine just started doing this after about a year. SO whats the fix? Will putting a higher quality speak in help, or will that just rattle in the plastic too ?

When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself

mcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #52
mad@gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarney View Post
Mine just started doing this after about a year. SO whats the fix? Will putting a higher quality speak in help, or will that just rattle in the plastic too ?

Never tried this, but what I heard was if you remove the speaker and put weather striping on the under side that snugs it up and stops the rattle, never tried it but maby its worth a try if your dealer won't fix it. Better speakers couldn't hurt though, the paper made in china junk gm puts in only sound good for a short time anyway.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #53
nickc71

Drives: 2011 Black 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
I think the low frequency sounds over XM sound "tinny" or "middy"... like low quality internet streaming audio. I don't know what the actual bitrate is, but I think your average 128kbps Mp3 is higher in quality.

FM produces more, cleaner low frequencies.

Mp3 is a step above FM.

CD is top quality (along with high bitrate Mp3)
Is XM always tinny??? I just got my car and I've never had XM before, but sometimes the music was so tinny I couldn't listen to it... It was weird because it was OK sometimes - but 80% of the time it was too tinny... It was cool for talk and stuff, but there was no way I was going to go beyond the trial - FM and bluetoothing it from my android sounded sooo much better... I didn't know if it was an antenna issue or not...
nickc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #54
BearDownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS orange
I had this same issue, brought it into the dealer, and was told a similar story. I tried to figure out where the rattle was coming from, and here's what worked for me: I layed a microfiber shop rag along the foam lining inside the trunk. When closed, the rattle went away. (Yes, I removed the tail light ring and everything else that could be rattling in the trunk when I tested it.) Now that I know that worked for me, I want to look into some kind of foam lining with adhesive to use instead of the rag. I'm attaching a picture, but this is the first time I've tried to do so, hope this helps
Attached Images

BearDownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #55
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
I'm just gonna rip this Sub-Standard crap out and build my own as i planned to do anyways. I don't like to haggle with dealerships about certain things....it makes my PTSD act up....LOL! I would hate to end up on the 6 o'clock news cause i smacked the donut out tha mouth of some GM tech!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #56
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Mine does the same, upon closer inspetion it appears that one side, the speaker grill is not flush and seemd to be higher than the other side. Most likely they didnt' do proper QA when they installed the rear panel that covers the speakers, and there is some kind of gap or they bent the speaker grill on install so now rattles.