Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-11-2021, 04:21 PM   #1
21Lt1

Drives: 2021 Camaro Lt1
2021 Camaro electrical issues

At 3,137 miles my 6th gen 2021 Camaros door locks would not work. In the morning I could not unlock my car doors with the key fobs, Chevy app, or on star. Later that day same thing happened. The buttons inside the car don’t unlock/lock either. However when using the key fob to lock the car it activates the security alarm and the lights flash however it still does not physically lock the car. This was the second day I had this issue, the first time it happens was a while back when the car had just about 1k miles. I took to the dealer and they held the car from Jan 27th till feb 2. I picked it up and as soon as I got home I realized the locks were not working and drove it right back. The service advisor was able to see it was not working and plugged in ob2 scanner which threw a code for auto lock failure. So far was left from feb 2 till feb 11. During this time I had a rental car that this dealer “paid” for. Months later I found out I am responsible because they weren’t able to bill gm for a repair. Here is the R.O what should I do? I already spoke with gm and they said nothing they can do.

UPDATE: Attorney General contacted dealer, dealer responded. Said that there was no repair made so they will not cover rental. They say that since drying out a connector and applying electrical grease is not constituted as a repair
Attached Images

Last edited by 21Lt1; 05-19-2021 at 11:16 AM.
21Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:38 PM   #2
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
It says quite clearly that Dan Libby duplicated this issue in the service drive. IF they'd like to bill someone for the rental car, they can speak with him.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:44 PM   #3
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Your Camaro is still under the 36 month/36,000 mile warranty and the repair should be covered with no expense to you!
Old 05-11-2021, 10:16 PM   #4
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
what greg said.i had my 2015 back to the dealers several times when it was new for TPMS issues,had two "rentals" and it cost me nothing.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:42 PM   #5
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Take it to be repaired, 3 times, then call it under Lemon law when they can't or refuse to fix it, they give you a new car.

But, ya like others said 36k warranty is bumper to bumper.

Electrical falls under warranty repair.

Loaner falls under the purchase agreement when undergoing warranty repair.

IF they give you hassle about it, contact the Attorney General's Office and Federal Trade Commission.

Chevy has a bad habit not wanting to honor their warranty agreements.

Sometimes you have to go straight for the razer blades and lemon juice.
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:10 PM   #6
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Reach out direct to corporate GM customer service.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:23 AM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Take it to be repaired, 3 times, then call it under Lemon law when they can't or refuse to fix it, they give you a new car.

But, ya like others said 36k warranty is bumper to bumper.

Electrical falls under warranty repair.

Loaner falls under the purchase agreement when undergoing warranty repair.

IF they give you hassle about it, contact the Attorney General's Office and Federal Trade Commission.

Chevy has a bad habit not wanting to honor their warranty agreements.

Sometimes you have to go straight for the razer blades and lemon juice.
That isn't really how Lemon Laws work. Once it has been put through the correct process (which can vary a bit from one state to the next), it essentially makes the vehicle eligible to be bought back. There is no "you get a new car" option.

Loaners are not specifically required to be provided in all instances. The dealership would have to demonstrate that the car had to be there for a significant period of time in order for GM to reimburse the cost of it. And, with them not being able to fix what was/is an "intermittent problem" because it didn't occur when they attempted to repair, they have zero to send back to GM justifying how long the car was needing to be there.

The fact that they noted that the problem was observed by their tech means that they have to take responsibility for all of it - and that includes letting the car apparently sit there for days before they finally tried a repair or at least tried it a couple of times over those multiple days before giving up. The Attorney General's office is the place to start with the BBB immediately afterward. And never rule out the power of negative press if there's a local news station willing to run a story.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:45 PM   #8
21Lt1

Drives: 2021 Camaro Lt1
Thanks for this response!! I just contacted the NC general attorney we’ll see what happens soon
21Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote