Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-28-2021, 01:07 AM   #1
JDaniels609

Drives: ‘22 2ss
What a time to be in the market for a new 2ss...

Well guys, strange introduction I know. I’ve recently decided to get rid of my 2017 scatpack charger, selling to carvana Thursday. I am dead set on getting a 2ss but doesn’t seem like an easy task at the moment. Local dealer I’m talking to said she can order me one but can’t give me any kind of date and could be a damn year... are there any actual known timeframes on these things? Worried I’m going to order one and just get toyed around with forever. Really dying to get into one of these cars but very specific about the spec im wanting. I understand the shut down and all just curious if anyone here has any more detailed info or actuals... also anyone else come from a scatpack? How’s the 10 speed compared to the 8spd any regrets?! Thanks a lot guys.. hope to be in one of these sooner than later. 🙏🏻
JDaniels609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:16 AM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDaniels609 View Post
Well guys, strange introduction I know. I’ve recently decided to get rid of my 2017 scatpack charger, selling to carvana Thursday. I am dead set on getting a 2ss but doesn’t seem like an easy task at the moment. Local dealer I’m talking to said she can order me one but can’t give me any kind of date and could be a damn year... are there any actual known timeframes on these things? Worried I’m going to order one and just get toyed around with forever. Really dying to get into one of these cars but very specific about the spec im wanting. I understand the shut down and all just curious if anyone here has any more detailed info or actuals... also anyone else come from a scatpack? How’s the 10 speed compared to the 8spd any regrets?! Thanks a lot guys.. hope to be in one of these sooner than later. 🙏🏻
The 10 speed is an AWESOME transmission... What specs are you looking for? (I own a 2020 2SS with MRC, NPP, A10 and a few other options)...

Happy to help in any way possible...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:20 AM   #3
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Hello there!

Regarding current situation, I'd recommend you check out the following thread, where a member who works at a dealership provides pretty useful updates and such:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591193

Hope this helps!

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:08 AM   #4
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDaniels609 View Post
Well guys, strange introduction I know. I’ve recently decided to get rid of my 2017 scatpack charger, selling to carvana Thursday. I am dead set on getting a 2ss but doesn’t seem like an easy task at the moment. Local dealer I’m talking to said she can order me one but can’t give me any kind of date and could be a damn year... are there any actual known timeframes on these things? Worried I’m going to order one and just get toyed around with forever. Really dying to get into one of these cars but very specific about the spec im wanting. I understand the shut down and all just curious if anyone here has any more detailed info or actuals... also anyone else come from a scatpack? How’s the 10 speed compared to the 8spd any regrets?! Thanks a lot guys.. hope to be in one of these sooner than later.

I’d search nationally to see if you can find one already built like you want. Yes the wait is real. Not only is their a computer chip shortage but a steele shortage as well.

When you sold your SCAT PACK i’m sure you were really happy with the amount you got and that is because with new car shortage their is also a use car shortage (people aren’t trading them in).

A dealer wouldn’t want to put you off with a crazy wait time if it wasn’t a real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:14 AM   #5
JDaniels609

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
The 10 speed is an AWESOME transmission... What specs are you looking for? (I own a 2020 2SS with MRC, NPP, A10 and a few other options)...

Happy to help in any way possible...
Thank you! I’m looking at satin steel 2ss with red interior,red seat belts, and red calipers. Also wanting to add the dual mode exhaust and black wheels and lastly the alloy pedals. Plan to add more up the road to keep me interested! Just don’t know if I can wait a year for a Camaro..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
Hello there!

Regarding current situation, I'd recommend you check out the following thread, where a member who works at a dealership provides pretty useful updates and such:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591193

Hope this helps!

Geoff
Thank you! I have checked out the thread was just hoping somehow magically I was wrong about this wait time, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
I’d search nationally to see if you can find one already built like you want. Yes the wait is real. Not only is their a computer chip shortage but a steele shortage as well.

When you sold your SCAT PACK i’m sure you were really happy with the amount you got and that is because with new car shortage their is also a use car shortage (people aren’t trading them in).

A dealer wouldn’t want to put you off with a crazy wait time if it wasn’t a real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No cars out there that fit what I’m looking for at the moment but maybe once production resumes something will show up! I am aware of the shortages but up to a year just seems insane for this type of car. The dealer said she is giving me a worst case scenario because she has no way of knowing a time frame at the moment.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:18 AM   #6
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
I was in the same boat last August, give or take. Tried to find a 2SS with the pricing/options I wanted with no luck anywhere in the entire country (basically my requirements were NPP, MRC, 10-speed and NO sunroof... good luck!).

Ordered mine 7/24 and delivery was 9/24. This was during a model-year changeover as well near the beginning, in which 2020's concluded and 2021 production began 8/6. So it may have been even sooner at the time if not for that, maybe?

I will say this... It is well worth the wait to get exactly what you want!

As far as the 10-speed goes, it's stunning. Really. Shifts are instantaneous and so quick/smooth when driving easy... But slam the pedal to the floor and the gears hold longer, the next gears slam into place firmly and it just feels so good. Many fun ways to play around with it as well, such as taking over control of course to shift but also tapping your gas pedal to the floor to enable competitive mode. That downshifts the transmission to the optimized gear for whichever speed you are in to maximize power when you (likely will) floor it. But it also is a fun way to make the car sing under an overpass or just whenever you want to hear that exhaust come to life without actually accelerating or anything.

But option wise, magnetic ride control and NPP are my top votes. Magnetic ride is just a stunning feature to adjust the softness of the ride on the fly whenever you want, so that's useful if on a long drive or windy roads and want something more firm/soft. You notice it quite a bit, too. NPP of course because of how good that exhaust sounds (unless you plan to go aftermarket later, then no real need).

FWIW, looks like Camaro production resumes May 3:

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...-resume-may-3/
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:04 PM   #7
JDaniels609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invertalon View Post
I was in the same boat last August, give or take. Tried to find a 2SS with the pricing/options I wanted with no luck anywhere in the entire country (basically my requirements were NPP, MRC, 10-speed and NO sunroof... good luck!).

Ordered mine 7/24 and delivery was 9/24. This was during a model-year changeover as well near the beginning, in which 2020's concluded and 2021 production began 8/6. So it may have been even sooner at the time if not for that, maybe?

I will say this... It is well worth the wait to get exactly what you want!

As far as the 10-speed goes, it's stunning. Really. Shifts are instantaneous and so quick/smooth when driving easy... But slam the pedal to the floor and the gears hold longer, the next gears slam into place firmly and it just feels so good. Many fun ways to play around with it as well, such as taking over control of course to shift but also tapping your gas pedal to the floor to enable competitive mode. That downshifts the transmission to the optimized gear for whichever speed you are in to maximize power when you (likely will) floor it. But it also is a fun way to make the car sing under an overpass or just whenever you want to hear that exhaust come to life without actually accelerating or anything.

But option wise, magnetic ride control and NPP are my top votes. Magnetic ride is just a stunning feature to adjust the softness of the ride on the fly whenever you want, so that's useful if on a long drive or windy roads and want something more firm/soft. You notice it quite a bit, too. NPP of course because of how good that exhaust sounds (unless you plan to go aftermarket later, then no real need).

FWIW, looks like Camaro production resumes May 3:

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...-resume-may-3/
I absolutely do NOT want a sunroof on mine either! I found one spec’d exactly as I want and has MRC and only a state away but has a sunroof! Can’t ruin that roof of the car with one of those! MRC is the only option I am back and forth on. Pricey but from what I hear it’s definitely worth it.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:08 PM   #8
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
They have one for sale up the road from me

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:26 PM   #9
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
I bought my '21 2SS in early March. The dealer had five 2SS with three being Steel Grey. They had them for awhile and within a week after I bought mine, they were gone. Glad I got it.

10 speed, MRC, NPP. It had a sunroof, which I didn't care for, but it wasn't a deal breaker and I still had headroom (6'3").
BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:51 PM   #10
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Unfortunately right now, the situation in the automobile industry as a whole, across the entire planet and every manufacturer, is pretty dire.

There are currently 98 brand new Camaro SSs in dealer stock across the entire United States of America. That's all inclusive too: 1SS, 2SS, Convertibles, stick, auto - 98 total brand new SS Camaros in American dealer lots, and there will be NONE coming for the foreseeable future:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&numRecords=25
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:52 PM   #11
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Production is supposed to start back up next week. Hopefully by July there is more inventory. Maybe the used ones might go down in price too once more new ones hit the lot.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:58 PM   #12
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Unfortunately right now, the situation in the automobile industry as a whole, across the entire planet and every manufacturer, is pretty dire.

There are currently 98 brand new Camaro SSs in dealer stock across the entire United States of America. That's all inclusive too: 1SS, 2SS, Convertibles, stick, auto - 98 total brand new SS Camaros in American dealer lots, and there will be NONE coming for the foreseeable future:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&numRecords=25
There are 98 listed on AutoTrader, which is not an automatic listing for any new vehicle.

There are 162 new SS models within 2000 miles of my zip code, with another 51 LT1 and 14 ZL1.

https://www.chevrolet.com/locate-inv...=1SS&trims=2SS
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:37 PM   #13
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
I've got a buddy that has a 2SS vert on order and he got an email from the dealer last week that it should go into production the first week of June.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:53 PM   #14
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Same here. Ordered mid February. Even got to status code 3400. Then dumped back down to 3100. My new target projection week is now 5/31. Who knows how long it will take to get to the dealer is a mystery.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote