Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2022, 09:17 AM   #1
jgenestra2012
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 114
Tire installation

Hi-
Iím located in Montgomery County PA (Souderton Area) and Iím looking for recommendations for tire installation. Can anyone recommend a place that will install tires on my SS 1LE without damaging the rims? I already have the tires, so I'm hoping that won't be an issue for the installer.

Thanks in advance.
jgenestra2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 02:12 PM   #2
KindaOrange
 
KindaOrange's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 134
I went to the Firestone in Exton? They didn't ding or scratch my black gloss wheels. Probably one closer to you in MontCo
KindaOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:22 PM   #3
Kmeleon
 
Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgenestra2012 View Post
Hi-
Iím located in Montgomery County PA (Souderton Area) and Iím looking for recommendations for tire installation. Can anyone recommend a place that will install tires on my SS 1LE without damaging the rims? I already have the tires, so I'm hoping that won't be an issue for the installer.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff, if you don't mind driving a bit Kutztown gmc is who I use. There's a service advisor named Ian who hooks me up with good techs, etc. They did my last tire change. Regardless, you want to find a place that has a hunter touchless tire machine and road force balance. Most dealers have those machines, you can search hunters website for places around you.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:14 AM   #4
NashZL1
 
Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 121
Tire Rack recommended installers in your area:
https://www.tirerack.com/installer/I...?zipCode=19406
__________________
Randy in Nashville
2022 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 A10
2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
2020 Genesis G90 Ultimate
2019 Mercedes Benz SL450
2017 Corvette Grand Sport A8
2016 Hyundai Equus Ultimate
1971 Datsun 240Z
NashZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:35 AM   #5
jgenestra2012
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaOrange View Post
I went to the Firestone in Exton? They didn't ding or scratch my black gloss wheels. Probably one closer to you in MontCo
Thanks- KindaOrange. Glad you had a good experience with Firestone. I'll search to see if I can find a location closer to where I live.
jgenestra2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:43 AM   #6
jgenestra2012
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeleon View Post
Jeff, if you don't mind driving a bit Kutztown gmc is who I use. There's a service advisor named Ian who hooks me up with good techs, etc. They did my last tire change. Regardless, you want to find a place that has a hunter touchless tire machine and road force balance. Most dealers have those machines, you can search hunters website for places around you.
Thanks- I might just take the drive to Kutztown. The local Chevy dealership that I used to trust, damaged the paint on my calipers when changing to DOT 4 earlier this year and more recently, prior to the Pocono event, scratched the underside of my front splitter when changing the trans fluid.

I'm going to check hunters website; maybe I'll get lucky and there will be an independent shop nearby with the right equipment. Just trying to find a place where my car will be in the same or better condition after being serviced.
jgenestra2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:52 PM   #7
Kmeleon
 
Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgenestra2012 View Post
Thanks- I might just take the drive to Kutztown. The local Chevy dealership that I used to trust, damaged the paint on my calipers when changing to DOT 4 earlier this year and more recently, prior to the Pocono event, scratched the underside of my front splitter when changing the trans fluid.

I'm going to check hunters website; maybe I'll get lucky and there will be an independent shop nearby with the right equipment. Just trying to find a place where my car will be in the same or better condition after being serviced.
It's tough for sure to find a shop you can trust. Ask for Ian if you make an appt at Kutztown and tell him Mark with the Camaro sent you. He'll take care of you and your car, ask him to put one of his guys on it.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.