Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Dodge ending challenger & charger production

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/15/dodg...d-in-2023.html
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:46 AM   #2
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
These manufacturers are going to be regretting their choices when they build all these EV's an next to nobody buys them.

Last edited by jamala00; 08-16-2022 at 06:45 AM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:58 AM   #3
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Lol…. The majority of humans aren’t ice centric like us. When electric becomes affordable most will be happy not to buy gas….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:01 AM   #4
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Lol…. The majority of humans aren’t ice centric like us. When electric becomes affordable most will be happy not to buy gas….

Unfortunately you are right. We are a dying breed. My next project might be a classic car instead of a new one.
Old 08-16-2022, 06:02 AM   #5
vampire

Drives: '19 M2C / '19 ZL1
i wish my commuter is an EV
vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:13 AM   #6
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:

EV prices are going up, not down. Electricity prices are going up, not down. When exactly is this nirvana of inexpensive electricity, and long range quickly rechargeable EVs going to arrive?
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:31 AM   #7
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
These manufacturers are going to be regretting their choices when they build all these EV's an next to nobody buys them.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
Unfortunately you are right. We are a dying breed. My next project might be a classic car instead of a new one.
Fact of the matter is most EVs have waiting lists. The Cadillac Lyriq is already sold out for the 2023 model year. If you order one now you’re ordering a 2024 and waiting over a year. Ford has had to stop taking orders on Mach E and Lightning. Meanwhile I can find 2SS Camaros at multiple dealers near me. Not judging which cars are better. I know what I prefer. But it’s pretty clear what more people are interest in buying. And that’s what automakers care about.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:35 AM   #8
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
EV prices are going up, not down. Electricity prices are going up, not down. When exactly is this nirvana of inexpensive electricity, and long range quickly rechargeable EVs going to arrive?
Completely agree, there isn’t an available EV now or in the next 2 years that I have any interest in. The few that peak my interest are over $65k if not more. No one ever mentions all the other increases to transition over to EV’s with the Gov ultimately falling further in debt.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:36 AM   #9
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Really interested on where you are getting information that EVs are getting more expensive. GM just dropped the prices on Bolt EV and Bolt EUV by more than $5,000. The reason they did that is to clear the lots before they bring in the larger, much more capable Equinox EV with a base price of around $30k. Hyundai and Kia have both recently introduced EV CUVs with 300 mile range at right around $40k which is right in the sweet spot of where CUVs are being priced.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:39 AM   #10
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Fits in with the demise of the Camaro possibly next year.
Old 08-16-2022, 06:49 AM   #11
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
I thought Ford Lightening, Tesla, Rivian and others bumped prices in the past year. There are probably a few exceptions of lowered prices but in general average EV cost is increasing on existing models.

The current Dodgehwy93 commercial is the best yet. Sad to see them go. If I could afford, I would have a ZL1, Hellcat and GT350R in my garage.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:16 AM   #12
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Fact of the matter is most EVs have waiting lists. The Cadillac Lyriq is already sold out for the 2023 model year. If you order one now you’re ordering a 2024 and waiting over a year. Ford has had to stop taking orders on Mach E and Lightning. Meanwhile I can find 2SS Camaros at multiple dealers near me. Not judging which cars are better. I know what I prefer. But it’s pretty clear what more people are interest in buying. And that’s what automakers care about.
Waiting lists? How many did/are they making? If all those orders turn into actual sales, does that bring the total EV's on the road in the US today from 1.5% to 2%..?? Also, what is the point of comparing a Ford EV pickup or SUV, to a Chevy Camaro? Compare the Ford Lightening sales to the Ford F150 sales or the Ford Mach E to the Ford Explorer. Apples to Apples...
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:34 AM   #13
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
I was born in the wrong generation, man. Being 27, I won’t be able to enjoy a long period of screaming bald Eagle V8s. Instead, oversized power wheels that only gives enjoyment for 3 seconds then boring. All for the sake of the “environment”.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:42 AM   #14
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
So, I get how people don't like EVs but, for many of us, there is a logical reason for wanting to own one. Is it right for everyone? No, absolutely not. But to assume that no one will buy them, is just silly. I have absolutely no qualms about purchasing a fully electric or hybrid sports car if it becomes available and isn't exorbitantly expensive. The C8 E-Ray is incredibly high on my list to the point where the Z06 isn't really a concern for me at all.

The exhaust note is part of the driving experience, sure but, it's only a part of it. I don't directly associate my satisfaction with a vehicle with the number of cylinders it has, it's exhaust note, or how many inches I think it adds to my manhood by having a particular engine in it. Driving, to me, is a dynamic experience and if only one portion of that changes but the rest of the vehicle is engaging to drive, I'm all in.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote