Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #15
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Wanted to add that on the sheet that talks about uninstalling the trim panel on passenger side underneath page 7. It shows 3 screws but there is actually 4 holding it up. Here is a update I made to show the other screw marked 3 in my picture here.
Attached Images

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:39 PM   #16
Hyper1SS

Passenger side spectrum lighting.
Attached Images

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Old 03-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #17
Hyper1SS

Well took the Camaro in to have the BCM and HMI flashed today. The tech called the TCSC center to get the authorization and info on what to do and the person on the line really did not know. Told the tech that he only had to flash the HMI. So he did but nothing happened. So we got to looking and found out that you had to flash the BCM to so he did that and nothing. Nobody seems to know what to do because this is the 1st time that they have had the dark night interior spectrum lighting installed after ordering the Camaro. The flash did put the controller icon on the radio but this is what it says when we try to use it. Not to happy right now. They are going to make some phone calls to get some answers. I guess it is not good to be the first.
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #18
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
I have actually had that exact same set of screens in my 2SS that does have OEM ABL (and now footwell too).

It was some odd glitch that came up and what you don't see are the 4 icons in the middle that allow for Off, Show, Selectable (uses the Strip Color Option at the bottom right) and then Linked to Driving Mode.

For me, when it was in any mode other than selectable, when you press the Light Strip Color button, it pops the exact same errors on screen.. In my case, I had to shut off the car and let it sit for a bit (guessing let the accy timer expire or something) and when I cranked it again, I got the 4 options in the middle that I should have had.

** My error was the 1st one about it not being available in this mode.

I have not seen the powered off message.

Good luck with this..
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #19
Hyper1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I have actually had that exact same set of screens in my 2SS that does have OEM ABL (and now footwell too).

It was some odd glitch that came up and what you don't see are the 4 icons in the middle that allow for Off, Show, Selectable (uses the Strip Color Option at the bottom right) and then Linked to Driving Mode.

For me, when it was in any mode other than selectable, when you press the Light Strip Color button, it pops the exact same errors on screen.. In my case, I had to shut off the car and let it sit for a bit (guessing let the accy timer expire or something) and when I cranked it again, I got the 4 options in the middle that I should have had.

** My error was the 1st one about it not being available in this mode.

I have not seen the powered off message.

Good luck with this..
Ok. Thanks for the input and info!

Old 12-18-2016, 07:19 AM   #20
cheap

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
What was the programming fix? Did it just take time to reset?
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:10 AM   #21
Hyper1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
What was the programming fix? Did it just take time to reset?
The HMI had to be flashed also to get the icons on the my link and to be able to control everything.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #22
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Does the 2017 ZL1 have interior spectrum footwell lighting?
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:12 AM   #23
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Any chance you could update date this to include the footwell chip swap with the Radio LED's?
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:09 PM   #24
cheap

Thanks for the write up, it was extremely helpful for installing an ebay kit I got that didn't have instructions provided. This install was much more difficult than I expected - figured the car would be pre-wired for options like this from the factory for ease of manufacturing.

For those considering this upgrade, understand the connectors have pin locks that prevent wires from being pulled out (or pushed in) and you have to unlock the connectors to install the wires. Most of the time this means using a small screwdriver to take a piece of plastic out but on some (the door connectors, for example) you have to push the insert out from the back of the connector. Bottom line - don't try to force any pins.

My car goes in next week for unrelated work, and I hope to have the stuff flashed while it is in there.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:05 PM   #25
Hyper1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
Any chance you could update date this to include the footwell chip swap with the Radio LED's?
I will update things when I get around to doing the upgrade for the radio lighting. Not in a big hurry since the Camaro is up for the winter.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #26
Hyper1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Thanks for the write up, it was extremely helpful for installing an ebay kit I got that didn't have instructions provided. This install was much more difficult than I expected - figured the car would be pre-wired for options like this from the factory for ease of manufacturing.

For those considering this upgrade, understand the connectors have pin locks that prevent wires from being pulled out (or pushed in) and you have to unlock the connectors to install the wires. Most of the time this means using a small screwdriver to take a piece of plastic out but on some (the door connectors, for example) you have to push the insert out from the back of the connector. Bottom line - don't try to force any pins.

My car goes in next week for unrelated work, and I hope to have the stuff flashed while it is in there.
Your welcome! And yes it is not the easiest upgrade to do if you are not use to wiring things. Yes you do have to unlock the connectors to add or remove the pins. Thank you for bringing that up. Once flashed enjoy

Old 01-25-2017, 08:38 PM   #27
cheap

I got the software updated after some difficulty at the dealership; they wanted the part and serial # from the box (which I'd already thrown away) or the bag (which I'd already thrown away). After some very unhappy exchanges with the tech and service mgr the shop foreman offered to help and then 30m later told me the authorization code I had was used already and there was nothing I could do. I left, unhappy, but got a call this morning that GM contacted them last night and said they'd do it but I wouldn't get the TSCS rebate with my auth code (to save the $50 they charge the dealership for the phone call).

Afterwards I got a call from the dealership saying it didn't work. I picked the car up and had the same problem HumanWiki had and after stopping for gas on the way home the rest of the menu came up. The door panels don't light up and the strip around the LCD screen is lit but doesn't respond to color change demands so I'll be checking my wiring later (I can't remember if I unplugged the control module while waiting to finish the wiring or not). Fingers crossed it is an obvious/easy fix - some of those connectors were BITCHES to get to.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:41 PM   #28
cheap

All in all I would NOT recommend this upgrade - my perceived level of reward/satisfaction for the time and expense spent is not measuring up, and that's if it had worked out the gate. The dealership will charge you $100-200 just to do the programming, so expect to add that to the cost of your kit.