Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-13-2016, 10:22 AM   #15
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Looks Awesome!!! Congrats!!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:55 AM   #16
meb91

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Awesome photos and color combo! Makes me excited for my Nightfall Gray on order!
meb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #17
63falcondude

Drives: 16 Camaro, 11 Stryker, 00 Explorer
Looks great

1100 12/14/2015
3000 1/8/2016 (TPW 2/1)
3800 2/1/2016
5000 3/5/2016
63falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:56 PM   #18
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
THAT IS ONE BEAUTIFUL ASSSSSSS
CAR HOMEY. IF IT WAS A DECISION BETWEEN THAT CAR OR MY WIFE I'D BE DIVORCED. DAMN THAT PRETTY.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:50 PM   #19
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
MODS so far

I had a local shop tint the windows 35% on the front two and 15% on the back three
Used Big Worm Graphix Black out kit on the third break light, side markers, and rear reflectors
Found here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434790
Swapped out the Bowties and RS badges with black border and Nightfall Gray interior Bowties and RS badges from River City Creations
Found here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432370

Now I just NEED the GM dark taillights, lowering springs, and a Mosaic Black lip spoiler swap, then she will be finished!!
Old 01-31-2016, 06:50 AM   #20
Mário Matos

Drives: Camaro ss
Nice Car

Hello beautiful car companion, here in Brazil still sells the auto ss g5 g6 should arrive here in late 2016 with the International Motor Show in Sao Paulo in Sao Paulo Expo or 2017.
God bless you and your family on your travels with your camaro
Mário Matos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:42 AM   #21
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
I
Now I just NEED the GM dark taillights, lowering springs, and a Mosaic Black lip spoiler swap, then she will be finished!!
Nice write up. You must be the guy that powder coated his own rims that Becky told me about.

I noticed you had the LPO ground effects package that they just pulled the plug on. Have you had any issues with it or did the dealer say anything about the install being a challenge? I had it on my original order, then when I changed dealers it was no longer available (as of last Friday). Also, isn't it supposed to include the front lip spoiler?

Your car really looks great and like you spent a lot of $ on aftermarket mods. I'm just curious why you opted for the V6 over the V8?

Also, you made some comments about the HVAC system. I haven't received my car yet, so I don't know what it's like living with it. It sounds like everything I've got in my current car now though, which I'm really happy to see. Is it really any different though from what you'd find in a 2011 or newer Dodge?
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #22
cartem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mário Matos View Post
Hello beautiful car companion, here in Brazil still sells the auto ss g5 g6 should arrive here in late 2016 with the International Motor Show in Sao Paulo in Sao Paulo Expo or 2017.
God bless you and your family on your travels with your camaro
Thanks for popping in and saying Hi, it's great to hear from enthusiasts from other parts of the world. My mom does mission trips down in Brazil every couple of years, she loves it down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Nice write up. You must be the guy that powder coated his own rims that Becky told me about.

I noticed you had the LPO ground effects package that they just pulled the plug on. Have you had any issues with it or did the dealer say anything about the install being a challenge? I had it on my original order, then when I changed dealers it was no longer available (as of last Friday). Also, isn't it supposed to include the front lip spoiler?

Your car really looks great and like you spent a lot of $ on aftermarket mods. I'm just curious why you opted for the V6 over the V8?

Also, you made some comments about the HVAC system. I haven't received my car yet, so I don't know what it's like living with it. It sounds like everything I've got in my current car now though, which I'm really happy to see. Is it really any different though from what you'd find in a 2011 or newer Dodge?
I did get my car from Becky but am not the one that got my rims coated, the rims are the 56F Split spoke gloss black LPO option.

I love the GFX, it was a must have option for me, had it on my gen5 and wouldn't have thought about not having it on my gen6. Mine does have the front lip splitter, it should be easy to see in most of my pic's. I have had no issues with mine and Rodgers Chevrolet did not say anything about having any problems with installing it. I have been looking close for any problems when hand washing it and so far it looks solid. From what I have read the GFX issue is on the SSs not the LT models but I don't know anything more than that. I am just glad Moreen at Rodgers Chevrolet was able to get it for me!!

I haven't spent to much on after market mods, chevy did a good job of giving me mostly what I wanted right off the line. I have only done 3 things mainly, window tint, third break light and side marker blackouts, and a Bowtie and Badge swap, about $500 total. The most expensive thing I have done is the Opti-coat pro 2 ceramic clear coat I just had applied but to me it's worth it.

Yeah the HVAC is greatly improved from the gen5 no doubt, I would say it is definitely equal to if not better than anything made in the early 2010s for sure.

As for the old V6 vs V8 question I don't think there is any good way to answer that question. It's just a personal preference of mine, I personally don't see the need for a V8 as a DD thees days, the V6 has about as much HP as the old big blocks back in the day had, and plenty enough to get around most other cars on the road. I do love the sound of the V8 there is no denying that but that is about the only thing I feel I am missing with the V6. I could go on for a wile listing all the small reasons I like the V6 better, no skip shift, no summer tires, dont have to buy premium gas, I actually like the look of the LT RS over the SSs front bumper and rear spoiler, I could probably come up with more but don't feel like I should be nit picking on the SSs lol

Thanks
Old 02-03-2016, 03:48 PM   #23
cartem2

Stopped by the local lake to take some pictures on my home from the detailer's after getting Opti-coat pro 2 ceramic clear coating applied.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:28 PM   #24
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Coatings looks so good on that color… Congratulations… What was the cost of the coating? Single polish job first? Wheels coated too?
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:34 AM   #25
LesBaer
FMPG

Glad you're happy with the car. I asked about the wheels because you have a shot of the car rolling off the truck with silver split spoke wheels on the first page of this thread. It looks like your car with black GFX.

I was going to do the same thing with the color combo of the GFX and Nightfall, but the more I look at it in pictures, it looks like the car is riding high. Some of the shots I can't really tell if it's black or body color and I couldn't find one to see in real life like that. When I went to re-order it in body color last week it was no longer available for the SS. Glad you're not have any problems with it.

Would love to hear more about the coating as well.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

Old 02-04-2016, 09:38 AM   #26
cartem2

Thanks for all the coments and intrest everyone. The price was $600 for a full interior and exterior detail with paint corrections, and $600 for the application of the Opti-coat pro 2. It comes with a 7 year warranty on the coating from Opti-coat pro, and a 7 year interior protection warranty from the detailer. The coating was applied to the rims, all paint surfaces, and windows. I know to most that is probably a cray number to pay for a coating that can be done DIY for about 10% of the cost but to me it is worth it to have a professional do the job. I plan on keeping this one for many years and I am pretty OCD about my car being spotless, I dont trust myself to do a job this critical to keeping my Camaro's paint protected for years to come.

Last edited by cartem2; 02-04-2016 at 10:55 AM.
cartem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:52 AM   #27
cartem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Glad you're happy with the car. I asked about the wheels because you have a shot of the car rolling off the truck with silver split spoke wheels on the first page of this thread. It looks like your car with black GFX.

I was going to do the same thing with the color combo of the GFX and Nightfall, but the more I look at it in pictures, it looks like the car is riding high. Some of the shots I can't really tell if it's black or body color and I couldn't find one to see in real life like that. When I went to re-order it in body color last week it was no longer available for the SS. Glad you're not have any problems with it.

Would love to hear more about the coating as well.
You did see a shot of it coming off the truck with silver rims those where the stock rims that the Camaro came with from the factory, the 56f split spoke gloss black rims are a LPO option and are put on at the dealer. You get both sets of rims, the silver stock rims are sitting in my barn collecting dust untill I get the desire to sell them lol

As for the color I would not judge it to much until you do see it in person, pictures especially cellphone pics just don't do it justice. I am so glad I went with Nightfall Gray, tho I like all the color choices this year and did have a bit of a back and forth in my head about witch color to go with all the way up till a few days after I placed my order. I still think for me Nightfall gray just can't be beat. I have owned 2 all black Camaros, and 2 white with black accents, I like changing the color up each time I buy a new Camaro and I couldn't be happier with this one!!
Old 02-04-2016, 02:40 PM   #28
LesBaer
FMPG

I'm so glad I got nightfall grey but I just wish I could see a car with this black GFX in real life. Thanks for all the good info too - even if you're making it harder for me to make up my mind LOL!

I forgot about the stock rims coming with the car. For some reason I only thought you got those with the red-ring black LPO wheels...I think because they were an $2000.