Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-05-2022, 08:05 PM   #15
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
OBSERVATIONS:

Engine Bay Compartment is noticeably hotter. This appears to be contributing to some grounding issues. I purchased some heat shield and will look to install it in the coming week or so.

Knock sensors don't seem to like these headers. I adjusted the sensitivity today in HP Tuners. We'll see if that improves the situation.
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 05:41 AM   #16
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
OBSERVATIONS:

Engine Bay Compartment is noticeably hotter. This appears to be contributing to some grounding issues. I purchased some heat shield and will look to install it in the coming week or so.

Knock sensors don't seem to like these headers. I adjusted the sensitivity today in HP Tuners. We'll see if that improves the situation.
Its normal to reduce the knock sensitivity some with headers on these cars. How much you have to reduce it may vary some though.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 10:38 AM   #17
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
Quote:
OBSERVATIONS:

First thing to do is to pull the headers out and have them ceramic coated to 2500’ (Jet Hot does this).

Our LT4’s (thanks to a high rpm blower) runs very hot. This is why our stock headers come with a heat shield.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:39 AM   #18
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
Quote:
OBSERVATIONS:

First thing to do is to pull the headers out and have them ceramic coated to 2500’ (Jet Hot does this).

Our LT4’s (thanks to a high rpm blower) runs very hot. This is why our stock headers come with a heat shield.

Depending on the use case and ambient temps, at WOT the temps at the stock manifolds can reach up to 2000’.
Old 08-06-2022, 06:52 PM   #19
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Thanks guys.

Well, the good news is that after today's test ride after playing with the knock sensors in the tune, there were absolutely no issues and the car seems just about normal.

I think for now I'm going to put in the heat shield that I purchased and see how things hold up. Hopefully I can get to a dyno in the near future to see where the AFR is at since I don't have the wideband on this car.

If you guys are interested I can upload my HP Tuners file.
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 02:14 PM   #20
DARKANGELCAMARO

Drives: 2018 ZL1, 10L90E
Quote:
Thanks guys.

Well, the good news is that after today's test ride after playing with the knock sensors in the tune, there were absolutely no issues and the car seems just about normal.

I think for now I'm going to put in the heat shield that I purchased and see how things hold up. Hopefully I can get to a dyno in the near future to see where the AFR is at since I don't have the wideband on this car.

If you guys are interested I can upload my HP Tuners file.
post it up

(YouTube channel name-ANGRY6LITER for videos)
DARKANGELCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote